Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I didn’t go the last week cos I had FOUR pizzas in tge space of a 6 days. Then last week was another eating and drinking competition.
    So I had my first ever gain since joining in January. 3.5 lbs! I’m not as depressed as I thought I’d be. I thoroughly deserved it.
    Hoping to get most of it off next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m dreading weigh in tonight but I’m going to face the music! Was perfectly back on the wagon yesterday and did make a lot of good choices considering I was three days in different houses with family/friends and no control of my food. I could have been much much worse so I hope that at least is reflected tonight. Though tbh I’m expecting like a half stone gain 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

mirrorwall14, ally: hope your stomachs are better :) that's fantastic tho - your insides have changed! literally you've been so successful overhauling your diet you'd have to work to go back to your old one. definitely will make it much easier to get back on track.

Wouldn't worry about weigh in, you might surprise yourself! Worse case scenario ya draw a line underneath and start afresh this week :)

SozBbz, I hear ya, weight loss is physically and mentally exhausting. Perfectly natural to lean into old habits. Could you set your cheat meals once a week so you've something to aim towards? my other plan would be if u could ya alter what ya have at McD's?
    https://slimmersdelight.com/syn-guide/mcdonalds-slimming-world-syn-value/

Grilled Chicken Garden Salad (no dressing) 1.5
    Fish Fingers 6 syns
    Sweet curry dip 2.5 syns
    Diet drink (free) or large skimmed Cappuccino (1 x HeA)
    so overall ten syns so still have some for later on!

I'd personally steer people towards KFC: fried chicken is 6 syns each, and you can get free beans, corn and a diet drink, and head to the Chinese for (free) rice!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    mirrorwall14, ally: hope your stomachs are better :) that's fantastic tho - your insides have changed! literally you've been so successful overhauling your diet you'd have to work to go back to your old one. definitely will make it much easier to get back on track.

Wouldn't worry about weigh in, you might surprise yourself! Worse case scenario ya draw a line underneath and start afresh this week :)

SozBbz, I hear ya, weight loss is physically and mentally exhausting. Perfectly natural to lean into old habits. Could you set your cheat meals once a week so you've something to aim towards? my other plan would be if u could ya alter what ya have at McD's?
    https://slimmersdelight.com/syn-guide/mcdonalds-slimming-world-syn-value/

Grilled Chicken Garden Salad (no dressing) 1.5
    Fish Fingers 6 syns
    Sweet curry dip 2.5 syns
    Diet drink (free) or large skimmed Cappuccino (1 x HeA)
    so overall ten syns so still have some for later on!

I'd personally steer people towards KFC: fried chicken is 6 syns each, and you can get free beans, corn and a diet drink, and head to the Chinese for (free) rice!

Gosh I would never have thought of KFC. All over that next time the rest of the house want mc d’s!!

i was 100% off plan all week and my stomach is in a heap from it. Back to basics tomorrow and hopefully I'll have it off again next week now all the parties, Easter and birthdays are done with. :)

Brilliant - you can absolutely take it off and a little more just as a cherry on top. Love the attitude!
    I didn’t go the last week cos I had FOUR pizzas in 6 days.

Ha! That sounds pretty amazing! But your stomach was prob in knots? Either way you'll sort that this week. I'm sure half the gain was water retention from all the extra salt. Best of luck smashing it!

It's pretty amazing that no matter how long you've not been eating well (I had a crap diet for...FIFTEEN YEARS!) you're always less than 2 years away from being a healthy weight, some of us much less than that. That's a pretty decent return!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

i ordered the pinch of nom book from amazon, hoping it arrives either tomorrow or monday so i'm hoping that will give me some fresh inspo to add some new recipie ideals and freshen things up a bit.

a change is as good as a rest, so they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

SozBbz wrote: »
    i ordered the pinch of nom book from amazon, hoping it arrives either tomorrow or monday so i'm hoping that will give me some fresh inspo to add some new recipie ideals and freshen things up a bit.

a change is as good as a rest, so they say!

It's great! There are some lovely recipes in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Think for my own sake I'll go with a jar for a midweek meal :D but if you can throw up the recipe I'll have a stab some Saturday. Cheers.

Used the Sharwoods and added in some extra water - I like it but herself thought the sauce was OK and the parents thought it was OK but not enough sauce (trying to still get the SW into their heads since the fiancee moved into the family home)!

Think she's going to stick to her takeaway black bean for 8 syns and keep the fakeaway for Mayflower Chicken Curries instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Got derailed by Easter, but getting back on the horse.
    Have plateaued a bit , up one week, down the next, then down, then up since I got my three stone award. Need to start over I think.
    Need to be a bit more regimented on portion size.
    Tomorrow another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

3 weeks away from group and am full sure I'm back to my January start weight. Eugh.

I'm going back to class tomorrow.
    I've also booked 8 personal training sessions over the next month to keep me motivated.

• Advertisement

I was up a very deserved 4lbs whoops! Back on the bandwagon proper tho and staying to the meeting motivated me to go hone before the cinema and get a back of popcorn and a couple of hifis to syn instead of the cinema popcorn and sweets I wanted. Goal is fully on plan this week. Eat my syns to avoid feeling deprived.

Frozen banana slices in the freezer for after the boys bedtimes, I love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Has anyone tried Slimming world along side intermittent fasting?

For those that aren't familiar, there are a couple of different ways of doing intermittent fasting,16:8 is where you only eat within an 8 hour window & fast for 16h - You can drink water & black tea / coffee during fasting hours.
    The other way 5:2 where you eat regular for 5 days & fast for 2 (days can be together or split). On fast days you can eat a very restricted diet, usually around the 500cals mark.
    There are loads or articles on the benefits -
    One snippet
    Short-term fasting leads to several changes in the body that make fat burning easier. This includes reduced insulin, increased growth hormone, enhanced epinephrine signalling and a small boost in metabolism.

I'm going to give 16:8 a try along side SW.

I'm finding I am struggling to loose since starting back in January, I seem to be losing & gaining the same few lbs...
    I don't know if it's anything to do with the extra HEXa. I'm staying within my allowance & syn allowance but I'm thinking the latte everyday on the way into work in the mornings may not be helping(?)

Or it may just me eating too much...
    I feel like I'm constantly grazing even when I'm not hungry - just because I can!
    I honestly think that the reason I haven't gained a ton of weight is because I'm grazing on free foods.
    & Before anyone says that on SW you can eat as much free food as you like, I do know this!! BUT if someone is constantly snacking between meals, even if its free foods, if has to ultimately have an effect on their weight loss.

Anyway, I'm hoping that if I restrict the amount of hours that I'm shoving food in my gob it will help with my losses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A latte is at least 100 cals, so that’s 500 cals per week. And yes, constant grazing can’t be too good either. Your body is constantly anticipating food. It doesn’t matter if it’s “free”food as per SW.

I have used 5:2 in the past with good success. It’s a good way to keep your weekly deficit in check, plus it really makes you evaluate every bite you eat. I’m actually doing it again at the moment in order to get a bit of momentum.

Has anyone tried Slimming world along side intermittent fasting?

For those that aren't familiar, there are a couple of different ways of doing intermittent fasting,16:8 is where you only eat within an 8 hour window & fast for 16h - You can drink water & black tea / coffee during fasting hours.
    The other way 5:2 where you eat regular for 5 days & fast for 2 (days can be together or split). On fast days you can eat a very restricted diet, usually around the 500cals mark.
    There are loads or articles on the benefits -
    One snippet

I'm going to give 16:8 a try along side SW.

I'm finding I am struggling to loose since starting back in January, I seem to be losing & gaining the same few lbs...
    I don't know if it's anything to do with the extra HEXa. I'm staying within my allowance & syn allowance but I'm thinking the latte everyday on the way into work in the mornings may not be helping(?)

Or it may just me eating too much...
    I feel like I'm constantly grazing even when I'm not hungry - just because I can!
    I honestly think that the reason I haven't gained a ton of weight is because I'm grazing on free foods.
    & Before anyone says that on SW you can eat as much free food as you like, I do know this!! BUT if someone is constantly snacking between meals, even if its free foods, if has to ultimately have an effect on their weight loss.

Anyway, I'm hoping that if I restrict the amount of hours that I'm shoving food in my gob it will help with my losses!

I did it. Didn't really mention it in here but I believe jaykay saw my posts about it on Reddit.

I did 20:4 with SW for a few weeks when I needed massive losses for an operation (had to get my BMI down more as the hospital doesn't have an ICU in case of problems).

20:4 is tough. I wouldn't recommend it, at least not to start.

But honestly, it's totally do-able. I also reduced back to one healthy A, which my consultant says is fine.

16:8 is very do-able, you essentially just skip breakfast and restrict the time when you eat lunch and dinner. When i did 20:4, I skipped breakfast and lunch, and I had dinner and a snack at night because I'm an evening eater.

Worked for me. 3.5 off the first week (16:8), 7.5 the next week (20:4 and SP all week), 3.5 the next (16:8, no SP).

ultimately, it will reduce your calorie consumption if you're also sticking to plan. Of course free foods are free, but they still contain calories.

Just try to make sure your meals are nutritionally balanced. I had veggie soup before my meals to ensure i got enough vitamins and stuff.

Worked fine and honestly i had far more energy than usual and really looked forward to my meals.

Probably gonna give 20:4 another bash, once I motivate myself to ignore the hunger on the first day. :pac:

Oh just to add, if you ever choose to go as extreme as 20:4 or even 23:1, add a teaspoon of salt to your water just the once on those days. It'll prevent dizziness and exhaustion because it's giving your body the electrolytes it craves.

16:8 fits in well with my daily routine, I mite give 18:6 a try but I don't think Id manage 20:4 very well!

I started today, last ate at about 7.30 lastnight... had a decent lunch in work at 12.30 then had dinner at 7.

I've about 13lbs to get back to target. If I manage to lose half of it before my hols in 4 weeks I'll be delighted

Down 2.5lb this week.
    I need to get some consistency back, the wild losses and gains are getting me nowhere.
    I started PT classes last week, really just as motivation to stick to the food plan.
    I've also agreed to join the SW team as the cashier from next week, that should keep me focused and staying for class.

Down 2.5lb this week.
    I need to get some consistency back, the wild losses and gains are getting me nowhere.
    I started PT classes last week, really just as motivation to stick to the food plan.
    I've also agreed to join the SW team as the cashier from next week, that should keep me focused and staying for class.

Down 5lbs so lost the 4lb Easter gain and a pound more. Then promptly fell off the wagon and I’m in the in-laws for the weekend so this is gonna be a disaster week. Raging with myself. I’m going to be chasing my tail from Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Down 2.5lbs after a two week break due to work. I am squaring in on target and wondering if I should move it down a bit! I only had ~2 stone to lose so it's been a slow process!!

Down 3.5! :D

There is a blackbean recipe in the PON book, I'll post it when I'm home from work. I haven't tried it yet but PON usually get it right.

The Sharwoods one is lovely tho, well worth the syns... Dealz are selling the jars for 75c. When I spotted them I bought 4 jars :o

Any chance of the PON recipe whenever you have a moment :D Done the Sharwoods again last night - turned out a lot nicer than the first try but herself still not happy with it :rolleyes:

On a side note, I got a compliment off her SW consultant on Monday at her weigh that if there was an award for most supporting partner I'd have it in the bag :cool: :pac:

Any chance of the PON recipe whenever you have a moment :D Done the Sharwoods again last night - turned out a lot nicer than the first try but herself still not happy with it :rolleyes:

On a side note, I got a compliment off her SW consultant on Monday at her weigh that if there was an award for most supporting partner I'd have it in the bag :cool: :pac:

I completely forgot!! Will do when I get home :)

Enjoy!!

Thanks SK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Thansk Sinister Kid, might use that myself. Can I also point out though... your nails! LOVE them. Gavin easily wins most supportive partner and you win most amazing nails. :D

Well last week was the disaster week expected with a 2lb gain but got back on plan with a vengeance before that weigh in. It paid off with a 5.5lb loss this week! Really motivated to stay fully on plan this week as 2.5lbs will see me at the 2.5 stone mark and I’d LOVE to do that by June 3rd (six month mark). I also have clothes arriving Monday which should give me a boost as it’s my third size drop since I started!

ally_pally wrote: »
    Thansk Sinister Kid, might use that myself. Can I also point out though... your nails! LOVE them. Gavin easily wins most supportive partner and you win most amazing nails. :D

Ta! My sister does them for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshine2018

Hello everyone - this is a great thread 😀 I did SW a few years ago and lost 2.5 stone but unfortunately due to illness and a few other bits and pieces I put it back on. I’d like to try it again but feel like a bit of a failure after the last time 😢
    But it was the only thing that’s ever worked for me. Any advice ?

Hello everyone - this is a great thread 😀 I did SW a few years ago and lost 2.5 stone but unfortunately due to illness and a few other bits and pieces I put it back on. I’d like to try it again but feel like a bit of a failure after the last time 😢
    But it was the only thing that’s ever worked for me. Any advice ?

Only advice I can give is just bite the bullet and rejoin. I'm in exactly the same boat as you. You know it works, you know what to do. Get to a local class and get stuck in.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Finally back on track. 5.5lb down at weigh this week. (2 weeks loss)
    Really delighted.
    The gym Sessions are definitely helping to keep me on track. I can't afford another PT package until I get paid later this week, but am definitely going to continue with them.

I've been using a very handy free app for tracking syns and HexA & B.
    It's called SlimIt.
    I would highly recommend it.

My leader gave me a recipe for an amazing carbonara sauce too, it's been raved about by the family since I tried it yesterday.
    So simple, one tub of charleville lighter cheese spread mixer with one mug of chicken stock. It's amazing!!
    Half a tub of the cheese is a healthy extra A choice.

Six months into my SW journey. 2.5 stone lighter. I won’t say it’s been easy but it’s definitely been better than other attempts in the past. My head is much better in the game. I’m down from a size 22 to a 14-16 though still an 18 in formal dress due to the darn chest but far far happier in myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Six months into my SW journey. 2.5 stone lighter. I won’t say it’s been easy but it’s definitely been better than other attempts in the past. My head is much better in the game. I’m down from a size 22 to a 14-16 though still an 18 in formal dress due to the darn chest but far far happier in myself

Well done!! I think we started around the same time. I’ve had a few bumps but almost at the 2 stone mark, was on hols the last 2 weeks so maybe a bit further from that now, but so happy to fit into the bridesmaid dress my friend picked and get so many compliments. It wouldn’t have even nearly fit last January!

Well done!! I think we started around the same time. I’ve had a few bumps but almost at the 2 stone mark, was on hols the last 2 weeks so maybe a bit further from that now, but so happy to fit into the bridesmaid dress my friend picked and get so many compliments. It wouldn’t have even nearly fit last January!

That’s just fantastic well done! Yeah started Jan 2nd so just hit the six months mark here. Defo continuing. Have signed up for another six months in my head. And also agreed with myself and my OH that even when I decide to stop and target that I will keep going for at least a year afterwards to learn to maintain (a step I have never done in the past)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Hi all,

Thinking of rejoining, having been away from the plan for over a year.

I know about a few of the changes - 2xHexAs and Muller lights no longer being free (couldn't care less about that to be fair!) but is there anything else fundamentally different?

Also is the proper app available for Irish members yet? I'm talking about the one I see UK SW people on insta posting screenshots of, which tracks syns etc.

Hi all,

I know about a few of the changes - 2xHexAs and Muller lights no longer being free (couldn't care less about that to be fair!) but is there anything else fundamentally different?

Also is the proper app available for Irish members yet? I'm talking about the one I see UK SW people on insta posting screenshots of, which tracks syns etc.

There is a voucher in Bella this week.

We still don't have the full app as far as I know.

Hi all,

Philadelphia is no longer a HExA, if you're doing SP, you have a maximum of 10 syns and no second HExB. Beans are still free but no longer protein so that would rule them out of SP days.

I'm sure there are some other minor changes in there but those are the main ones.

They say the app (the one that’s not a webpage) is coming but it’s not in yet. I’m the annoying one emailing support every 2 months asking when

Had a rough time of it these last few weeks but had a lovely Man of the Year award waiting for me when I got back! ~107lbs down :)

EkjJsU8.jpg

That's my consultant Sarah. She's the best! Always bursting with ideas and support and is great craic. What made SW so accessible for me (it felt a bit dodgy joining as a bloke, the only one most weeks) was having a consultant who was also with you fighting in the trenches on her own weight loss journey :cool:

My tip of the week is to make sure to eat your fill at meal times (dessert is a meal!) so you don't graze in between. Easier said than done obvs but give it a whirl if snacking is your downfall! Keep kicking butt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Incredible work, mate. Well earned and well deserved!

Well done!

Really struggled this week. I'm having fairly horrific periods since I had my baby last October. I managed to resist all the cravings for about three days and then spectacularly fell off the wagon. I've been trying to get back on for the last two days and failing by bedtime. Looking forward to facing the music tonight and hopefully getting back on plan properly. Its the farthest I've ever gone off plan so I'm super nervous that I will fail totally

Missed the month of May + was away in Marbella, result +9.5

Fresh start & mindset, shoping list done & 12 week countdown bought... which falls in line with my next holiday!

Amazing Jay! 107 pounds is an incredible achievement. Seriously inspirational!

I've been falling back into some bad habits of being 100% on plan for 3 or 4 days and then thinking that allows me to eat all around me, especially at weekends. So the weight is slowly creeping back up and I know where I'm headed if I don't put a stop to it now. I've started tracking my calories with My Fitness Pal. I find it really tedious if I'm honest but I at least know I'm staying in a calorie deficit. Still sticking to SW for counting syns, my HEx A and B, having at least 1/3 speed and I'm sort of using MFP as a backup.

Hoping to lose 9-10 pounds in the next 6 weeks. That'd have me back feeling very comfortable. I'll still have a bit to lose so I won't be stopping there but I'm hoping it'll give me the kick start I need.

I maintained last Saturday which I was a bit disappointed with, but I think a lot was water bloating (star week)
    I partied hard for the BH, I knew I'd be off plan, so am trying hard to reign it back in to hopefully limit the damage..a maintain or even a tiny gain would be amazing this week. Fingers crossed I've done enough.

I bought the 12 week countdown last week too. My goal is 1.5lb a week on average.

Ah thanks very much Penn, mirrorwall14 & ally_pally :D i'd hope to not have that much to lose in the first place :D

mirrorwall - proud of you weighing in despite your nerves! Fingers crossed it won't be as bad as you thought. Would you consider eating dinner earlier (if possible)? I'm finding having a big meal earlier keeps me fuller for longer instead of holding out all day then kinda raiding the cupboards at night.

Sinister Kid - ah i'm sure half of that is water weight, it'll come off quick now that you're back. Great stuff getting a full countdown! Plus you've a new goal of your next holiday, brilliant to have something to work towards. What's for dinner?

Ally_Pally - that's v cool about MFP; i found it quite daunting and messed with my head. Knowing how many calories are in things on SW will be really helpful to make even better decisions! Anything u ate that jumped out at you with "I can't believe it's that many calories"? 1.5 lbs is a very doable goal, you'll smash it :)

Shelli2 - glad to hear you know you'll get your star week lbs off next week, it must be so annoying for women to have an undeserved gain every month. Great stuff committing yourself with a 12 week countdown :)

Ah thanks very much Penn, mirrorwall14 & ally_pally :D i'd hope to not have that much to lose in the first place :D

mirrorwall - proud of you weighing in despite your nerves! Fingers crossed it won't be as bad as you thought. Would you consider eating dinner earlier (if possible)? I'm finding having a big meal earlier keeps me fuller for longer instead of holding out all day then kinda raiding the cupboards at night.

Sinister Kid - ah i'm sure half of that is water weight, it'll come off quick now that you're back. Great stuff getting a full countdown! Plus you've a new goal of your next holiday, brilliant to have something to work towards. What's for dinner?

Ally_Pally - that's v cool about MFP; i found it quite daunting and messed with my head. Knowing how many calories are in things on SW will be really helpful to make even better decisions! Anything u ate that jumped out at you with "I can't believe it's that many calories"? 1.5 lbs is a very doable goal, you'll smash it :)

Shelli2 - glad to hear you know you'll get your star week lbs off next week, it must be so annoying for women to have an undeserved gain every month. Great stuff committing yourself with a 12 week countdown :)

It was worse-up 5lbs. Though I'm still on time of the month so hoping that some of it is that. I didn't eat 15k extra calories this week! Bawled my eyes out after group but feeling a lot better now and looking forward to getting back on it for the week ahead.

I'm also considering calling maintain at 15 stone (3.5 stone loss) for a while. I've never learnt to maintain in any way and it does mean that when I go off plan I go OFF plan as if I can eat absolutely everything around me. I'd really like to practise having a bit more freedom while not going completely nuts every time. I really want this to be sustainable and last this time around so slow and steady and actually learning how to do this properly for life is really important for me. Though I've got a couple of months to think about it more

Dinner is attached! PON Chicken & Mushroom stirfry...

I'd say half is water weight, the other half is from me being pure bold the couple of weeks before going away! You would think I'd have been more on plan before going on hols but I did the oppisite!!
    All my own fault, I was busy/stressed in work & didn't bother planning meals or doing a shop so made bad choices... Paid for it with my holiday clothes being tighter than they should be & rubbing off my sunburn - that was the real eye opener for me!!

I'm going back to basics & noting everything, I dug out my food diary. I also got the boyfriend to take my measurements today which I have noted in the diary too.

BTW, Well done on Man of the year, you look super happy in your photo!

Mirrorwall - At least it wasn't 9.5lbs :)

Ally_Pally - You did it! And you dealt with the number -- that is courage and strength. The good thing about a ridiculous number (5lbs) is you know that has to be a lot of water retention - if it was 1-2lbs u might chalk it up to a legit gain, but as you said you didn't eat an extra 15,000 cals! (I had an unexpected 3.5 the other week despite being under syns every day and it was a real gut-punch)

Maintaining for a bit and taking the pressure off wouldn't be a bad idea. You'd also have learned a lot of good habits since joining so your autopilot is set to weight-loss, and you'll need to be able to maintain for when you're at target! Deffo sort yourself out upstairs and the body will follow. Would you consider seeing a nutritional therapist or something along those lines (as SW can't help as well with this kind of thing?) :)

• Advertisement

Ally_Pally - You did it! And you dealt with the number -- that is courage and strength. The good thing about a ridiculous number (5lbs) is you know that has to be a lot of water retention - if it was 1-2lbs u might chalk it up to a legit gain, but as you said you didn't eat an extra 15,000 cals! (I had an unexpected 3.5 the other week despite being under syns every day and it was a real gut-punch)

Maintaining for a bit and taking the pressure off wouldn't be a bad idea. You'd also have learned a lot of good habits since joining so your autopilot is set to weight-loss, and you'll need to be able to maintain for when you're at target! Deffo sort yourself out upstairs and the body will follow. Would you consider seeing a nutritional therapist or something along those lines (as SW can't help as well with this kind of thing?) :)

I have but haven't had a good experience with dietician before about 10 years ago which kinda put me off. I know what I'm supposed to eat for weight loss, I've never learnt to maintain even when I got close to target with weight watchers in the past.

Head is back in the game now anyways. Breakfast bake in the oven, quiche ready for lunch. Snack is planned. Just have to figure out dinner. I've a load of cooked ham from the instant pot in the fridge, anyone ideas? I've done carbonara, quiche and breakfast bake with it now but there's still some over

I've my brother in laws wedding in Germany in August so I'm sticking with weight loss plan until after that anyways and might consider switching to maintain when I return to school. That'll be a shock to the system after a year off anyways so taking the pressure off the scales if I need to would work well learning to manage school/work/two kids for the first ime

Advertisement