Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ally_Pally - that's v cool about MFP; i found it quite daunting and messed with my head. Knowing how many calories are in things on SW will be really helpful to make even better decisions! Anything u ate that jumped out at you with "I can't believe it's that many calories"? 1.5 lbs is a very doable goal, you'll smash it :)

Couscous! I was a bit shocked at that. I've gotten into the habit of having a packet of flavoured couscous with lots of veg, maybe some salmon or tuna, for my lunch. The couscous varies between 0.5 - 1.5 syns per packet depending on the flavour. Looking at the calories though, some of them are close on 400kcals! Not absolutely terrible, I know, but I was still surprised as it doesn't feel like it should be that much. So I've halved my portions now, upped my speed and I'm not feeling any worse off or hungrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah thanks Sinister Kid :) Great that you're catching it and on it so quickly; like clothes being a little tighter is a couple of lbs and you can sort that in no time :) The chicken and mushroom looks delicious! Great stuff about the food diary and taking measurements (will be really helpful when you're losing fat but not water weight). Is the bf doing SW with you or just eating your meals, lol

Mirrorwall - great to hear you've meals already sorted and a longer term plan too :) I've never learned how to maintain either but i'll cross that bridge when we get there lol. If you've ham left over - if u pick up some WW wraps you could try this pizza calzone? http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-ham-and-mushroom-pizza-calzone-slimming-world/ would be a little lighter and use up the ham :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Just want to write a quick thank you to Sinister Kid for posting that recipe. I just cooked it tonight and it was delicious! Like a dirty Chinese without the guilt!

I was up 4 this week after the holidays. I came back last Thursday and between that and Tuesday I’d had 3 Four Star pizzas so I think that was a lot of it!
    Obviously ate plenty of tapas and paella in Spain but coming into the weekend I didn’t feel like jumping straight back on plan. Getting there now anyway, hoping to lose a few of those as I’m heading over to London for a few days for the Spice Girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I made sticky chicken from SW_mamabears insta for dinner today... it wa unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I made sticky chicken from SW_mamabears instead for dinner today... it wa unreal!

Sounds fab, have you a recipe?

• Advertisement

I made sticky chicken from SW_mamabears instead for dinner today... it wa unreal!
    Sounds fab, have you a recipe?

It's dead simple to make!

Dice up some chicken & marinade for around 2 hour in
    2 tbsp of lee kum kee chilli garlic sauce (0.5 syn per tbsp = 1 syn)
    & a 1 tsp of lazy garlic.

Mix in a jug
    350 mil (can) of 7up zero
    5 tbsp Tomato puree
    3 tbsp of honey (7.5syn)
    2 tbsp Worcester sauce
    1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce

Cook the Chicken for a few min.
    Add in veg & cook for a few min more - I used mixed peppers, mushrooms, onion & corn.

Pour over above mix
    Mix 1tbsp of cornflour (1Syn) with a pinch of water & add in
    Leave to reduce down to a sticky consistency.

Serve with rice - Garnish with chopped scallion & sesame seeds

Total 9.5syns - 2.5 per portion!

This is for the marinade - it's fantastic!
    82733011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4ed5f314dcb8f8194dde271912958e67

Week 1 back on plan = 7lbs down!

Was 100% on plan (except for a hotdog & a handful of chips at Metallica Sat nite)
    Stuck to between 5-10 syns per day,
    & Tracked everything in my food diary.
    Delighted with the result. I know its quick off after last weeks gain but I'll take it!!

Wahoo well done Sinister Kid thats amazing!!!

I lost my 5lb gain so I'm absolutely delighted with that particularly since I had my sons Christening at the weekend. I made some very good choices (like avoided all the finger food, the fry up breakfast and brought my own wrap for lunch instead) but I did have cake and a chicken burger that evening! I've been bang on plan since however and really enjoyed my food this week.

The difference in cravings is unbelievable once my period is over tbh. I love my food way more instead of just craving sweet stuff and carbs all day every day!

Random "only on slimming world" idea that I'm loving-using boxty as a bun for a burger. I've had burgers three days this week with a full plate of speed and the boxty bun lol. Its less dry than using a wholemeal bun and feels like some sort of fancy dish rather than a diet burger lol

I have but haven't had a good experience with dietician before about 10 years ago which kinda put me off. I know what I'm supposed to eat for weight loss, I've never learnt to maintain even when I got close to target with weight watchers in the past.

Head is back in the game now anyways. Breakfast bake in the oven, quiche ready for lunch. Snack is planned. Just have to figure out dinner. I've a load of cooked ham from the instant pot in the fridge, anyone ideas? I've done carbonara, quiche and breakfast bake with it now but there's still some over

I've my brother in laws wedding in Germany in August so I'm sticking with weight loss plan until after that anyways and might consider switching to maintain when I return to school. That'll be a shock to the system after a year off anyways so taking the pressure off the scales if I need to would work well learning to manage school/work/two kids for the first ime

Mirrorwall, I'm thinking about investing in an instant pot... Do they live up to the hype?

I'm planning on upgrading my slow cooker anyway, I want to go digital so I can set a timer. Was thinking of going for the instant pot instead.

Depends on what you want it for? As a mum of two and usually hectic in the house the ability to put stuff in and walk away is absolutely invaluable (like a slow cooker). To be able to have it cook food fast (unlike a slow cooker) is even better. My slow cooker got used maybe once a week for a big batch cook. Instant pot is out every couple of days

What I mainly use it for:
    -Batch cook boiled eggs, easy and reliable for a big batch
    -Risotto. Never cooked it as waaaaay too awkward. Now its on the menu once a week
    -Full Cooked Chicken. 22 mins at pressure (plus time to get to pressure but I can walk away before then). Juicy and fabulous albeit it looks bizarre as its essentially steamed. Its just brilliant. I cook one midweek every week while doing a different dinner so I have it to pull off the bones and make lunches/curry etc with it.
    -Ginger pork tenderloin-make this or another pork tenderloin at least once a week. Chop and marinate first and its a fast cook and I can do pot in pot with it if I like
    -Large pots of potatoes if I have visitors

I've done lots of other individual dishes and deserts (e.g. porridge on timer overnight, cheesecake, chicken and black bean etc) but those are my day to day dishes that I make an awful lot

• Advertisement

Sold!
    Although I'm not a busy mother, I do work full time & it's usually 6.30/7pm when I'm home in the evenings... There is certain meals, like risotto that I would only make on my day off because they are so time consuming.
    I'd use the slow cooker at least twice a week, I usually do a ham & shred it up for the lunches and then I'd use it for a dinner another day. I know I would deffo use the instant pot to do a chicken once a week, shred it & add to the lunches rotation.

One of the reasons I want to upgrade is because my slow cooker is manual... I made SW_mamabears loaded baby potatoes on my day off this week, they take 4.5 hours so I had to make sure I was back home for 1.30 to switch it on - which was a pain in the arse!
    I figure if I'm going to upgrade to a digital slow cooker I may as well go for the instant pot.

I reckon I'll wait a few weeks til Amazon have their prime day sale on, hopefully it will drop bit!

Sold!
    Although I'm not a busy mother, I do work full time & it's usually 6.30/7pm when I'm home in the evenings... There is certain meals, like risotto that I would only make on my day off because they are so time consuming.
    I'd use the slow cooker at least twice a week, I usually do a ham & shred it up for the lunches and then I'd use it for a dinner another day. I know I would deffo use the instant pot to do a chicken once a week, shred it & add to the lunches rotation.

One of the reasons I want to upgrade is because my slow cooker is manual... I made SW_mamabears loaded baby potatoes on my day off this week, they take 4.5 hours so I had to make sure I was back home for 1.30 to switch it on - which was a pain in the arse!
    I figure if I'm going to upgrade to a digital slow cooker I may as well go for the instant pot.

I reckon I'll wait a few weeks til Amazon have their prime day sale on, hopefully it will drop bit!

It sounds like it’ll work for you. It is what you make of it tbh and it does take a bit of research until you get used to it but worst case it does have a timetable slow cook option (which I’ve never used!). I do ham in it pretty regularly too. And stew actually. It makes a yummy stew much quicker

It sounds like it’ll work for you. It is what you make of it tbh and it does take a bit of research until you get used to it but worst case it does have a timetable slow cook option (which I’ve never used!). I do ham in it pretty regularly too. And stew actually. It makes a yummy stew much quicker

Do you pressure cook the ham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I was 100% on plan all week and was only down half a pound on Saturday, pretty disappointed, I'm just really hoping that it will show next week. I'm just focusing on staying on plan because I know I'm usually guilty of self sabotage after a disappointing result.

I tried the garlic chili chicken on Saturday, it was amazing. I hit with all the family and definitely being added to the regular rotation. Thanks for posting it.

I'm aiming to try a new recipe each Saturday!

Week 2 back on it -2lbs
    Total loss in 2 weeks -9lbs

Another .5 & my mahooosive 9.5lb holiday gain will be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Hi all, new to SW, hoping it will be work for me.

What ar epeoples "go to" speed foods? Im finding it pretty boring having lettuce and tomato style side salad with everything but its handy. Not a massive fan of peas, carrots, "county veg" style veg!

Fruit is my main speed.
    I love broccoli and mushrooms too, but quite often I'll have some fruit while cooking instead of lots of veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Fruit for snacking - especially berries becuase they're handy

Stif frys are handy as you can really add a lot of veg to meal. Becuase its through the meal it not like having a big pile of veg on he side that feels like a bore to eat.

I use peppers (all colours), mangetout, broccoli, carrots.... whatever I have really.

I do also make salads a lot but I try to mix them up by using differnet leaves, or adding herbs etc.

For speed I chop Mixed peppers, Mushrooms, green beans, courgette, carrot sticks, baby corn & whatever is in the fridge, pop then in the actifry with a bit of lazy garlic, onion granules, herbs, spray with frylight & cook for 20 min.
    I usually keep a lunchbox in the fridge so I can add it as a side.

SozBbz wrote: »
    Fruit for snacking - especially berries becuase they're handy

Stif frys are handy as you can really add a lot of veg to meal. Becuase its through the meal it not like having a big pile of veg on he side that feels like a bore to eat.

I use peppers (all colours), mangetout, broccoli, carrots.... whatever I have really.

I do also make salads a lot but I try to mix them up by using differnet leaves, or adding herbs etc.

Stir fry is a good idea actually. Must stock up on some stir fry veg and soy sauce.
    My SW consultant advised to always put the speed on your plate to stop you loading up on other foods so never really considered fruit as wouldnt put it on the plate with a savoury meal!

What are peoples favourite breakfasts that dont use your HEB? Thanks for all the suggestions! Have been having weetabix, fruit and yoghurt as its handy to bring to work.

• Advertisement

For speed I chop Mixed peppers, Mushrooms, green beans, courgette, carrot sticks, baby corn & whatever is in the fridge, pop then in the actifry with a bit of lazy garlic, onion granules, herbs, spray with frylight & cook for 20 min.
    I usually keep a lunchbox in the fridge so I can add it as a side.

Love the sound of this and so handy to be able to chop it all ahead of time and leave in fridge to use when needed. Will definitely try this cheers!

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    What are peoples favourite breakfasts that dont use your HEB? Thanks for all the suggestions! Have been having weetabix, fruit and yoghurt as its handy to bring to work.

Assuming you know wheetabix is a hex b.

I do find it hard to have breakfast without using a hex b which is then annoying for the rest of the day.

The main thing of course is scrambled eggs (which of course is better with toast!). You could have them with smoked salmon which would be high protein. Omlette with veg would also be another option. Also a fry of some sort, but not ideal on week day mornings.

Sometimes I try to use half a hex b.... like just one slice of 60cal toast or 20g of oats for overnight oats. Then I can either just syn it if i want to have another hex b later in the day, or have the other half later.

Assuming you know wheetabix is a hex b.

I do find it hard to have breakfast without using a hex b which is then annoying for the rest of the day.

The main thing of course is scrambled eggs (which of course is better with toast!). You could have them with smoked salmon which would be high protein. Omlette with veg would also be another option. Also a fry of some sort, but not ideal on week day mornings.

Sometimes I try to use half a hex b.... like just one slice of 60cal toast or 20g of oats for overnight oats. Then I can either just syn it if i want to have another hex b later in the day, or have the other half later.

Yes sorry didnt explain that well! I do know Weetabix is my Hex B so was lookng for options so as not to use my Hex b with breakfast.

Using half for breakfast and half for lunch (bread) is a great idea thankyou.

My SW consultant advised to always put the speed on your plate to stop you loading up on other foods so never really considered fruit as wouldnt put it on the plate with a savoury meal!

Yeah I've heard that advice before - I think its to stop people deluding themselves that they've got sufficient speed - if its laid out on the plate you can see clearly whether or not you have enough.

I actually like vegetables anyway so I don't mind mixing mine in because I know i'm not lying to myself :pac: The odd time that I don't have enough its more likely due to lack of prep/laziness.

A good idea is to keep a bag of rocket or whatever you like in the fridge to add to the side of your plate. When I'm making spag bol or chili con carne, I do load the sauce up with veg so I know I probably have 1/3rd. I probably do double what the recipes ask for.

I know its not part of the plan but I do weigh rice and pasta, so I know what I'm having. Its just too easy to over do those two for me.

I know its not part of the plan but I do weigh rice and pasta, so I know what I'm having. Its just too easy to over do those two for me.

I'm the same... I started weighing pasta & rice recently. I got a shock when I weighed out 1 portion of pasta according to the packet instructions. I've been eating a family of 4 portion :o

Down 3.5lb this week.
    Feel like I've finally managed to get back into a proper routine.
    My dad was discharged from hospital last week, so that has really helped too.
    I'm now at my lowest since rejoining in January, it's taken s long time with so much going on at home but I'm glad I stuck with it, even though the loss is not huge in the grand scheme, I could easily have piled on another few stone if I hadn't rejoined .

Full steam ahead!!

I'm attempting the chicken enchilada bake tonight for my new recipe this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am ready to rejoin!! Holidays in something like 8 weeks. Are there any joining offers in magazines/papers at the minute?
    Thanks 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Rejoined tonight....3rd time lucky! I am exactly the same weight as I was when I joined last year! So really need to lose a good 2 and a half stone to be back to my pre baby weight.
    Feeling motivated and looking forward to (hopefully) seeing a loss next week!

Welcome back Millem. Good luck in week one

I tried to be good at a two day wedding at the weekend but my good intentions faded by 1130pm on Friday night lol. Back on the bandwagon properly as of this morning but expecting a big gain this week as I'm also due on. Super frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 isiris

Does anybody know the details for the group in whitehall ( address and the hour that they meet ) ? I went to their website and texted the consultant that was supposedly for the whitehall group but she told me they meet in duleek. I texted another consultant that was on the D9 list and she told me they meet in coolok. I really want to join but need the details , even just other groups in the D9 area would do. Or maybe its just that the phone numbers don't coincide with the time and place on their website ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's a group in the primary school beside Iona Road Church on Wednesdays, 5.30 and 7.30 if that would suit.

There's also one on Home Farm Road.
    How about Dublin 11? That's close and there's loads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 isiris

Thanks for the help guys. I also stumbled on a Slimming world Facebook group, so hopefully ill be starting this week. Yay

isiris wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys. I also stumbled on a Slimming world Facebook group, so hopefully ill be starting this week. Yay

I’m in a few actually. Pinch of nom (a bit massive). Slimming world with aldi (great as I shop there), two chubby cubs (not really a slimming world one tbh) and slimming world syns meals and tips (helpful). If anyone knows others let me know!

Cauliflower pizza base for the win! Had a back up dinner in case it was a disaster since people seem to either love or hate it but god I loved it. Definitely on the menu for me now

• Advertisement

I have my second weigh in this eve, really hoping for a loss but I really dont feel like I'm eating well. I'm following the plan and eating some lovely food but feel like some of it even though on plan, isn't "healthy" as such. Does this make any sense?!I suppose its my own old habits of having to go hell for leather eating salads and lean meat with bland veg for a few weeks and then falling off the bandwagon completely and eating a hole tub of ben and jerrys in one sitting followed by a tube of pringles :):):)

I have my second weigh in this eve, really hoping for a loss but I really dont feel like I'm eating well. I'm following the plan and eating some lovely food but feel like some of it even though on plan, isn't "healthy" as such. Does this make any sense?!I suppose its my own old habits of having to go hell for leather eating salads and lean meat with bland veg for a few weeks and then falling off the bandwagon completely and eating a hole tub of ben and jerrys in one sitting followed by a tube of pringles :):):)

What are you eating. Describe a typical day?

If you're sticking to the rules, getting 1/3 speed and not going over your syns then you should be ok.

What are you eating. Describe a typical day?

If you're sticking to the rules, getting 1/3 speed and not going over your syns then you should be ok.

Yesterday as an example
    Breakfast
    Wholemeal bagel slim (Hex b)
    with Kerry Gold (3 syns)
    Portion of fruit - strawberries, raspberries, grapes

Lunch
    Chicken stir fry - breast of chicken, ready mixed bag of stir fry veg from Aldi, soy sauce, garlic, ginger
    1 Pear

Dinner
    2 Pan boxty (1.5 syns)
    2 eggs fried in frylight
    Sauted mushrooms using frylight and garlic
    2 tblsp of no added sugar baked beans
    tablsp ketchup (0.5 syn)

Snacks
    200 ml milk between coffee during the day (no sugar) (Hex A)
    Banana
    Pear
    Fibre one chocolate bar (4 syns)
    1 malteser celebration (in kitchen in work and coulsnt resist!) (2.5 syns)

Fingers and toes crossed for this eve!!

Yesterday as an example
    Breakfast
    Wholemeal bagel slim (Hex b)
    with Kerry Gold (3 syns)
    Portion of fruit - strawberries, raspberries, grapes

Lunch
    Chicken stir fry - breast of chicken, ready mixed bag of stir fry veg from Aldi, soy sauce, garlic, ginger
    1 Pear

Dinner
    2 Pan boxty (1.5 syns)
    2 eggs fried in frylight
    Sauted mushrooms using frylight and garlic
    2 tblsp of no added sugar baked beans
    tablsp ketchup (0.5 syn)

Snacks
    200 ml milk between coffee during the day (no sugar) (Hex A)
    Banana
    Pear
    Fibre one chocolate bar (4 syns)
    1 malteser celebration (in kitchen in work and coulsnt resist!) (2.5 syns)

Fingers and toes crossed for this eve!!

Tbsp ketchup is generally 1 syn
    One pan boxty is 1.5 syns asfaik? It’s it 150g per slice (at 1 syn per 100g). So two would be 3 syns

The other one Id watch is that kerrygold, 3 syns for enough butter to scrape on both sides of a bagel seems very very little. One tbsp of kerrygold is 5.5 syns and you’d not be long using it!

Otherwise it looks like a lovely day of food and fingers crossed for you tonight

Tbsp ketchup is generally 1 syn
    One pan boxty is 1.5 syns asfaik? It’s it 150g per slice (at 1 syn per 100g). So two would be 3 syns

The other one Id watch is that kerrygold, 3 syns for enough butter to scrape on both sides of a bagel seems very very little. One tbsp of kerrygold is 5.5 syns and you’d not be long using it!

Otherwise it looks like a lovely day of food and fingers crossed for you tonight

I usually use low fat cheese triangles or Gogo's cheese spread from my HexA instead of butter but if I really want butter I find connacht gold low fat butter (3syn/tbsp) is a really nice lower alternative to real butter (5.5syn/tbsp)

I looove real butter, it's one of my biggest downfalls... I only realised how much I use when I started SW :o

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback, its great to get it. Hard to get your head around everything at the beginning.

The butter you are probably dead right about, I dont use much in general anyway but even to scrape enough on the bagel you're probably using much more than I estimated. The cheese triangles is a great idea, think Id actually prefer that anyway!

I used the Drummully pan boxty from iceland - the app says 50g is 0.5 syn. Theres 4 in a pack at 300g which means each is 75g. I ahd 2 so 75g x 2 = 150g which would mean 50g x 3 = 1.5? The app is a bit confusing sometimes so I may be wrong! Ill get the hang of it though!

Yes your right on the Drumolly boxty, the slices are smaller than the large half moon slices of the other pan boxty. I tend to round them up to one syn each to allow for weight variance. They are a staple in this house, so handy to pop in the toaster.

Ketchup: I use the Heinz reduced sugar, that is correct at 0.5syn per tablespoon.

Down 3 at weigh in last night so happy with that!

Hope everyone else got on ok

Down 3 at weigh in last night so happy with that!

Hope everyone else got on ok

Well done!!

I’m super frustrated. fell off the wagon to the tune of about 50 syns yesterday. I cannot stop myself in the 48hrs before my period, it’s ludicrous. Periods are totally crap at the moment pain wise and since the doc started me on ponston 48hrs before it starts it’s even worse cravings wise. And the part that’s really annoying me is my cycle is only 24 days right now. Why can’t it be a little longer so at least it’s only once a bloody month? Argh.

Weigh in tonight. I’ll be up but I knew that after the weekend. However given the bloat and yesterday I’ll probably be up even more. Grr

Week 3 back on it -0.5lbs
    Total loss in 2 weeks -9.5lbs (That's my holiday gain completely gone now!)

I had a bad-ish weekend so happy enough with a half pound down.
    I demolished a Firehouse PhillyCheeseSteak Pizza & had a banoffee Friday & had a night out Sat... loads of bulmers, strawberry daiquiris & an onion bagel with loads of real butter & cheese when I got in at 3am. I should really be up a few lbs :o

Up 3.5lbs which considering the week I’m happy enough. Fell off again last night but counting this morning as the start of the week and putting it behind me. 105 syns to go, none so far used today.

Planning to eat every damn one of today’s 15 in chocolate tonight in an attempt to prevent binging on bad stuff! Picking up a bag of carrots and making beetroot/butter bean dip to snack on as well tonight. Thus far the ponston is keeping the cramps manageable

Got some worrying news from an MRI though and I’m fairly het up as I won’t get any answers in the short term. I can’t even get to my GP until tuesday. Radiology want me back for a contrast MRI next Wednesday too. Got to fight the urge to eat the worry

Up 3.5lbs which considering the week I’m happy enough. Fell off again last night but counting this morning as the start of the week and putting it behind me. 105 syns to go, none so far used today.

Planning to eat every damn one of today’s 15 in chocolate tonight in an attempt to prevent binging on bad stuff! Picking up a bag of carrots and making beetroot/butter bean dip to snack on as well tonight. Thus far the ponston is keeping the cramps manageable

Got some worrying news from an MRI though and I’m fairly het up as I won’t get any answers in the short term. I can’t even get to my GP until tuesday. Radiology want me back for a contrast MRI next Wednesday too. Got to fight the urge to eat the worry

Sorry to hear Mirrowwall, have afew health issues going on myself too and its so easy to use it as an excuse isnt it. But I suppose ive realised this is my very problem - all going well not a worry in the world I celebrate with food, all going badly and the weight of the world on my shoulders I comfort myself with food. And the cycle goes on and on!

Fingers crossed you get some explanation soon to ease the worry

Sorry to hear Mirrowwall, have afew health issues going on myself too and its so easy to use it as an excuse isnt it. But I suppose ive realised this is my very problem - all going well not a worry in the world I celebrate with food, all going badly and the weight of the world on my shoulders I comfort myself with food. And the cycle goes on and on!

Fingers crossed you get some explanation soon to ease the worry

That is true. I’m realizing that myself. Ah hopefully all will be fine. Trying to forget it for now as there’s nothing to be done right now

On a different note I got a food processor with a grater attachment for the first time-AMAZING! I’ve had hash browns yesterday, sweet potato and carrot rosti’s today. It’s a total life saver. Can’t wait for some sw friendly coleslaw and I’m defo gonna have a bash at onion Bhajis!

Down 0.5lb
    A bit disappointed, but in reality I didn't deserve more. On review I was probably only on plan about 75% this week.

Had a little splurge tonight, Chinese takeaway.
    But line is drawn now and I'll be back to it tomorrow.

I'm going to get back doing couch to 5k this week, I haven't been very active lately.

Hard luck. It’s hard to be 100% on all the time. Things can slip.

Dead proud of being on plan this weekend. Had a lick of an ice cream today but finished the day on 9 syns anyways so that’s ok.

Still fighting the urge to eat my stress but making a conscious effort to make the better choice every time. Brought an on plan picnic to the zoo. Didn’t get an ice cream. Three times this weekend!
    Did the shop without any temptation in it. Drove past three petrol stations this evening desperately wanting chocolate and did not stop. Every little personal head battle is a win and hopefully I’ll be here at the end of the month celebrating a good loss.

Time of the month has finally arrived so hoping the bloat and cravings will ease off in a few days

• Advertisement
Advertisement