Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Mirrorwall I think this is exactly me too.

I did WW years ago and found the meetings great. Different theme each week, samples of food, topics that were really relevant and helpful to sticking to plan and as you say the app was fantastic.

Every week I start off saying I'll tack and then forget to bring the planner thingy so end up not writing any of it down. Ive probably gotten away with ti for the first few weeks as the novelty is still there but I can find the complacency slipping in now....

Hope your back isnt too bad, tough work with a busy baby

I think we’re in exactly the same frame of mind tbh. And I don’t want frustration with this to put me off healthy eating which let’s be honest both groups do promote (reach for fruit veg first etc). I can’t see me losing the 1/2 plate speed for example.

Back is in ribbons but I’ll live!

Downloaded the app for ww for a proper look anyways and availed of the distance cancellation for slimming worlds app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I just can’t abide the meetings. Never stay for them....I do not have 2 hours to waste listening to the same old wine talk blah blah blah. I have been to 4 different consultants.
    I pay to weigh in.

Anyway my first target was 14lbs in 7 weigh ins...4 weigh ins and a loss of 9lbs :) I would say I am 20lbs-24lbs off pre pregnancy weight.
    Just had an unbelievable muffin I am sure syns are off the charts!!!!!
    That is my treat for the week!!

Millem wrote: »
    I just can’t abide the meetings. Never stay for them....I do not have 2 hours to waste listening to the same old wine talk blah blah blah. I have been to 4 different consultants.
    I pay to weigh in.

Anyway my first target was 14lbs in 7 weigh ins...4 weigh ins and a loss of 9lbs :) I would say I am 20lbs-24lbs off pre pregnancy weight.
    Just had an unbelievable muffin I am sure syns are off the charts!!!!!
    That is my treat for the week!!

You are doing great Millem! Yeah I think the meetings are just annoying me now. To be fair they were great for keeping me on track and getting a great start in on the road to a healthier me over the last six months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What do you all think of your SW consultants? [...] You weigh in, she tells you your loss/gain, might say well done if its a good result but says nothing more if its anything less than say 3 POUNDS.

So unless you have a whoosh you're not getting praised? Sounds like a poor consultant :(

I go to the Bettystown one with Sarah. She's amazing. Always bright and cheerful and energetic, up for the craic, with plenty of ideas knows how to keep a class on track. SW classes all follow the same general structure, but the quality varies wildly. Like a song is made up of verse, chorus and interlude, but you might get Pink Floyd or S Club 7.

I weighed in when I was in england, and it was a massive group (50+ instead of 20-ish at Sarah's) and it was run differently, talking to those who gained and crowd-sourcing ideas/recipes to get them back on track, then talking to any award-getters for inspiration there too, show of hands to see who lost the most, and badda bing badda boom you're done! So maybe a full class might suit you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I really wish SW would introduce a SW for people who "aint got time fo dat!"

Some meetings i've been to are beyond tedious. I do not have time in my week to listen to the same people who just love the sound of their own voices it seems. It does not help me in anyway. Also, massive queues for weighins really annoy me. I want to be in and out.

I'd love a short, sharp 10-15 minute meeting, with some good content for motivation.

I'd still happily pay the same for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Day 4

Exercise -
    No treadmill
    Shred level 1
    Total steps 9,350

Water intake - 3.2ltr

Food
    100% on plan
    Syns used - 7

Today should be my weigh day but I've stuff on after work & cant make it. I weighed myself at home before work this morning & by my scales, if I went to weigh in I would be up 1.5lb! I'm kinda glad I cant go now!!

It's crap, I've been so bloody good!
    I know I only started my 30 day shred Sunday & Mirrorwalls water challenge Monday but I was 100% on plan since last weeks weigh in - no cheat meal & no going over syns! I'm trying not to be disheartened by it.
    I'm just going to keep at it & hopefully it will It BETTER show next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Day 4

It's crap, I've been so bloody good!
    I know I only started my 30 day shred Sunday & Mirrorwalls water challenge Monday but I was 100% on plan since last weeks weigh in - no cheat meal & no going over syns! I'm trying not to be disheartened by it.
    I'm just going to keep at it & hopefully it will It BETTER show next week!!

Have you been getting in plenty of speed?

I had to change my time this week and went yesterday evening as I have something on this eve, down 3 pounds so delighted with that as havent had the best of weeks really or so I thought.

Interestingly enough though, the class was a bit better. I think there are 1 or 2 people in my normal class who just love talking about themselves and take up most of the class saying the same thing as they did the previous 3 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

SozBbz wrote: »
    I really wish SW would introduce a SW for people who "aint got time fo dat!"

Some meetings i've been to are beyond tedious. I do not have time in my week to listen to the same people who just love the sound of their own voices it seems. It does not help me in anyway. Also, massive queues for weighins really annoy me. I want to be in and out.

I'd love a short, sharp 10-15 minute meeting, with some good content for motivation.

I'd still happily pay the same for it.

Here here plus tbh I actually don’t want to talk at every meeting....no need...nothing new to add!!!

Have you been getting in plenty of speed?

Yep, heres a rough idea of my usual day...

Breakfast
    Mixed berries, muller light & sachet of Syllifor (plenty of water with it).
    & a large coffee made with 150ml of skim milk

Lunch
    Lunchbox of salad - Lettuce, tomato, mixed peppers, scallion, gherkin, egg white & ham or chicken with reduced fat honey & mustard dressing.
    (if I'm really hungry I'll have half a wholemeal bagel slim with a cheese triangle on it)
    Cuppa tea & a Hifi bar.

Dinner
    Last night - chicken breast butterflied as "pizza base" - home made pizza sauce on top, HexA cheese, peppers, mushroom & mini peperami + salad on the side.

Tues - lasagna (made by my granny so I allowed 10 syns for it) + lettuce & tomato.

Monday - measured portion of pasta, loads of mushrooms & courgette & 2 cheese triangle.

Snacks- I'd usually go for the likes of mandarins, apple, ham or chicken slices or a hi-fi bar.

I've been logging on MFP so I know I'm not going mad on the calories...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

I rejoined my local class about a year ago. It had been around 6 months since I’d been there. Leader had actually put on a lot of weight. Only managed a couple of weeks there then tried another group and leader was really friendly. Gave her a food diary one week and after that she started texting me at least twice a day. Ended up blocking her and stopped going. Needless to say I piled on the weight. Started doing it myself and have lost 10lbs in three weeks. Anyone else doing it at home?

SozBbz I love Sinister Kid's plan
    they are usually half way through the talk & I weigh afterwards.

Why not show up at 5m before class starts, and leave 10-15 minutes afterwards (the start is when they go through any SW news so you won't miss that). In the time between weighing and class u can also see what's on the table for recipes they want to pimp that week! What do you think?

there are 1 or 2 people in my normal class who just love talking about themselves and take up most of the class saying the same thing as they did the previous 3 weeks!

Something worth mentioning to the consultant? I'm sure they don't like hearing the same thing over and over (more than they already do) and making the class overly long is a bad thing.
    Something like "is there any chance you can keep Mary and Phil on topic, 1/3 of the class is spent hearing about her overnight oats again!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Theres two friends around my age,one just moved to the area and comes as a target member. Nice women but constantly whispering throughout the meeting. It obviously bothers the consultant but she doesn’t say anything to them.
    I like mine, if a person is struggling the consultant will elicit ideas from everyone else which is handy. I didn’t go this week cos I was feeling a mess. I’ve been out of sorts now for weeks and just need to get my head together again.

I’ve realized this evening that a large part of it is my consultant. I’ve been struggling and I don’t feel supported. You barely even get a hello. She’s stuck in her phone until new members talk/main talk and the meetings are repetitive. Definitely time to change meeting

Actually can I change meeting while I’m still on countdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I’ve realized this evening that a large part of it is my consultant. I’ve been struggling and I don’t feel supported. You barely even get a hello. She’s stuck in her phone until new members talk/main talk and the meetings are repetitive. Definitely time to change meeting

Actually can I change meeting while I’m still on countdown?

Yep, you can change at any time.

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Yep, you can change at any time.

Great thanks. I'll consider another one in the area for the rest of countdown and see how it goes from there. Unfortunately all the closest ones to me are the same person. But sure a drive won't be any harm for mom headspace :D

WW-used all 27 points plus some weeklies today

SW-22 points today, over by 7

It wasn't a terrible day food wise in that I made good choices but had a lot on. I'm interested in the notion of seperate weeklies to my day to day and how that affects my mindset. Like I actually don't feel like the day was a disaster and "**** it" the way I have done recently when I've gone over my syns. There's a feeling of a bit of a relief in the back up of the weeklies that has stopped me feeling it was a disaster and I'm not here eating crap because "I've already screwed it up so who cares"

I was up 3lbs tonight but thats totally to be expected after a weekend away off plan and an extra mc donalds when I put the back out. Also still on strong meds for it.

I did get a bit of a reality check as I've signed up to ww online twice in the past and did well. However I can also see from my history that I was heavier last November than I had acknowledged in my head. I was 1/2 stone lighter by the time I started sw in January. i had started trying to be a bit more healthy over Christmas on my own so I need to readjust my thinking a bit as to where I came from and how bad it has been in the past. On the other hand I guess that means that I have hit my 3 stone mark already tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Thinking of giving SW a try since there's a meeting I can walk to.

_Godot_ wrote: »

Do. I realize I’m here moaning about it right now but I’ve three stone gone and I’m half way to goal with them in six months

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do. I realize I’m here moaning about it right now but I’ve three stone gone and I’m half way to goal with them in six months

Same here. SW absolutely works.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there have been Syns allocated to Stong Roots products?

I know I could use 1 syn per 20cal but seems high considering how much speed food would be involved!

I've recently tried their cauliflower hashbrowns and their spinach bites, both really nice.

Does anyone know if there have been Syns allocated to Stong Roots products?

I know I could use 1 syn per 20cal but seems high considering how much speed food would be involved!

I've recently tried their cauliflower hashbrowns and their spinach bites, both really nice.

Theyre on the SW website

Ya highly recommend doing it! (I'm 116 lbs down in 15 months :)) If nothing else you'll get a good grounding on what foods to reach for and what foods are surprisingly high in calories/little nutritional value or filling power. Like everybody knows frozen pizzas are bad, but just now how bad! (Over 1300 cals for a medium Chicago Town pepperoni takeaway -- they're loaded with oil to keep them from drying out). Stuff like the Tesco meal deal wraps are incredibly high in calories (444 cals) despite it tasting healthy and not being that filling! And that's before your crisps and drink :D

Had a good chat with a support last night and have realized I’m guilty of looking at too broad a picture now.

For my first three stone I had a ton of mini goals. All the obvious 1/2 stone marks, the 5%, the 10%, the new stone brackets. I had also made myself an epic list of Non Scale Victories that I ticked off (I include it for anyone starting)

Fitting a bath sheet wrapped around me
    To increase my iron stores after pregnancy
    Have no double chin
    Shopping in Pennys again
    Fit back into my tikiboo leggings
    Paint toenails comfortably
    Be more comfortable getting my photo taken
    Size 16
    Be able to cross my legs comfortably
    To lower my cholesterol
    Be able to jog 5k not wogging
    Be confident in the changing rooms in swimming pool
    Fit normal sports clothes
    Fit into a bikini
    Fit into a normal bra size from a bricks and mortar shop
    To fit into the box of clothes that has been packed away for ten years
    To take a bath and be comfortable
    To look nice at school events and be proud
    To get a pair of knee high boots that fit

Now all I keep seeing is the 3 stone that are left and it’s overwhelming me. No mini goals in my head. The only NSV left are
    Fit into a normal bra size from a bricks and mortar shop
    To get a pair of knee high boots that fit

And the latter is only because I actually haven’t gone shopping

Apart from that I also know now that I will never be able to jog due to unfixable foot issues but again I’m treating it as the massive thing ‘I can’t run, so why bother walking?’ which is a bit nuts.

So last night I went for a ten minute meditation walk (loved this, Will defo do it again) to clear my head. I got up motivated this morning and my job this evening is to make a new list of scale and non scale victories for my next three stone. Bring it on!

I'm loving this post so much. The NSV list is a super idea, we can get so bogged down in the numbers that we forget why we're doing this in the first place.

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I'm loving this post so much. The NSV list is a super idea, we can get so bogged down in the numbers that we forget why we're doing this in the first place.

I emailed it to my husband on my first day with instructions to email it back when he felt I needed it or I asked him too. I asked the first time and had half of it done. He sent it the second time and it motivated me over the 2.5 stone mark

Theyre on the SW website

Ah Ive not rejoined lately so no access to the website.
    Assuming they’re not terrible?

Ah Ive not rejoined lately so no access to the website.
    Assuming they’re not terrible?

There's 9 items on the app.

Day 5

Exercise -
    No treadmill
    Shred level 1
    Total steps 11,270

Water intake - 2.9lltr

Food
    100% on plan
    Syns used - 13.5

Day 6 - Day off!

Exercise -
    No treadmill
    No Shred
    Total steps 17,422

Water intake - 2.5ltr

Food
    Off plan Dinner
    Rest of day on plan.
    No idea of syns!!

I went for a day trip up north yesterday so no exercise & off plan dinner!

Going to do the Shred workout when I get home from work today even though my brain thinks I shouldn't be exercising after work on a Saturday :rolleyes:

my naim next week is to up the step count. I try use the treadmill in the mornings before work but it is in the bedroom & my boyfriend is working on a job closer to home so has been leaving for work a bit later the last few days... He is normally gone by 7.30 & I can make all the noise!

So last night I went for a ten minute meditation walk (loved this, Will defo do it again) to clear my head. I got up motivated this morning and my job this evening is to make a new list of scale and non scale victories for my next three stone. Bring it on!

Mirrorwall, what is a meditation walk?
    It sounds like it could be beneficial to me... part of the reason I stared the exercise challenge is because I have been so stressed in work lately.

• Advertisement

It was an option in the ww app but I’ve just installed insight timer to try a few more. Basically a guided meditation as you walk. Focus on breathing, feet touching the ground, sound etc. I enjoyed it a lot. No pressure to be speed walking or doing distance just a relaxing walk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Blood test results coming back. Got called in (on a Friday afternoon!) to doctor's surgery to start B12 injections. Didn't ask details from the secretary but I'm guessing it must have been super low. Will get details when I see the doctor Thursday.

I wouldn't have thought the SW diet programme would have left me low in B12 - maybe there is something else going on? :eek:

spurious wrote: »
    Blood test results coming back. Got called in (on a Friday afternoon!) to doctor's surgery to start B12 injections. Didn't ask details from the secretary but I'm guessing it must have been super low. Will get details when I see the doctor Thursday.

I wouldn't have thought the SW diet programme would have left me low in B12 - maybe there is something else going on? :eek:

It's not to do with SW, some bodies just don't absorb enough from their food.

I'm on B12 injections for the last 5+ years.
    Its crazy, because it is a gradual thing, I didn't realise I had symptoms till I started getting the injections & started to feel better... In the beginning I had to get them weekly to build me up, now it's every couple of months.

Agreed, could be the uptake/absorption problem; it's common in Crohn's patients too. All of these are good for B12:

- Beef, liver, and chicken
    - Fish/shellfish like trout, salmon, tuna fish, clams.
    - Fortified breakfast cereal.
    - Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
    - Eggs

Best of luck with the doctor's appt. More B12 means more energy!

I'll be flying around. :)
    If we could just get a regular consultant now. Our group has been messed about over the last couple of months, with meetings cancelled at very short notice.

Definitely! A stable, supportive consultant makes all the difference! Hope it's all sorted soon :)

Oh! Tried the new cocoa and hazelnut Kellogg's granola cereal. It's lovely chocolately carby goodness -- Like an alpen bar but softer. Unsatisfying as just with cereal (I'd easily eat 2-3x the serving) but great sprinkled on yogurt & fruit!

ZZjcqh3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of joining the local SW group, but I have a few questions and I was hoping people here could answer them before I make contact with the lady that runs it. (I apologise in advance if any of these are stupid questions!)

1) I have a 14 week old that im breastfeeding and will be (all going well) till shes about 2. How does this affect doing SW?

2) Ideally id like to go in the morning after I have the toddler dropped to Pre-school, but that would mean I'd have the baby with me, is this allowed? And if so, how do people in general feel about this?

3) Will the consultant help you figure out what your ideal weight is? Or is it a target you set for yourself? I reckon I have 4 stone to lose, but i have no idea what my 'ideal' weight is anymore as I haven't been my ideal weight in a very long time.

Welcome scarepanda! And great to see ya joining group. Sure i'll answer these one by one.
    1) I have a 14 week old that im breastfeeding and will be (all going well) till shes about 2. How does this affect doing SW?

Aha! SW is great with breastfeeding, long story short you'll need to up your calcium to 1250mg/day, up Vit D (+10mcg/day) & stay hydrated, but lower caffeine (to 300mg or 3 mugs of instant coffee) and limit alcohol to 1-2 units 1-2x/week (obviously none is best!)

Have a read here: https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/mums/new-mums/breastfeeding
    2) Ideally id like to go in the morning after I have the toddler dropped to Pre-school, but that would mean I'd have the baby with me, is this allowed? And if so, how do people in general feel about this?

Of course! There's both toddlers and kids in my class (with tables for them to play), and I'd wager most here have a similar set up. SW is mostly housewives and older women so kids are absolutely accommodated! (I'm an anomaly in my class, a 36 yo man)
    3) Will the consultant help you figure out what your ideal weight is? Or is it a target you set for yourself? I reckon I have 4 stone to lose, but i have no idea what my 'ideal' weight is anymore as I haven't been my ideal weight in a very long time.

Both! But you can set interim goals along the way. (ie let's see where we are at 2 stone down, then move it to 3 stone down, that kind of thing). Nothing's set in stone, you're paying for the privilege so people are there to support you! best of luck!

I’ve been on track with fluids all week so delighted with that. However had two unexpected meals out. The big difference between this and recent week is that I didn’t use it as an excuse to dive into everything bad. I tracked every bit of it and got back on.

It’s the run up to my period this week so I’m more hungry than usual and this month I’m trying to acknowledge and plan for that rather than over restricting and then binging on chocolate. I’ve made some zero point soup for the fridge. I’m budgeting for bread and chocolate each day and hoping that might be a better approach than the last three cycles where I’ve gone on a three day bender!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thank you jaykhunter for replying!
    jaykhunter wrote:
    Aha! SW is great with breastfeeding, long story short you'll need to up your calcium to 1250mg/day, up Vit D (+10mcg/day) & stay hydrated, but lower caffeine (to 300mg or 3 mugs of instant coffee) and limit alcohol to 1-2 units 1-2x/week (obviously none is best!)

I just had a look at that link and it's reassuring to read. I find it hard to drink enough, it's always been an issue. I don't particularly like straight water, so I've been adding a small amount of dilute to it to try give it more taste, but that's probably the worst thing I can do. Caffeine isn't much of an issue, I don't drink much tea or coffee and when I do it's usually decafe. And I don't drink so that's an easy one!
    jaykhunter wrote:
    Of course! There's both toddlers and kids in my class (with tables for them to play), and I'd wager most here have a similar set up. SW is mostly housewives and older women so kids are absolutely accommodated! (I'm an anomaly in my class, a 36 yo man)

That's also good to know. I didn't want to ring up the local lady and seem like an idiot by asking if it was ok to bring a baby in with me!

Now to take a deep breath and ring her!

Has anyone any advice for getting started and being able to stick to the program? Any time I start trying to be good and eat better, cut out the junk food etc, I expect to see a noticeable difference straight away on the scales and when it doesn't happen I get disheartened and then I start eating ****e and so the cycle begins again.

Try your damndest not to cling to the scales. It will be up and down and the reasons won't be restricted to what you do in the kitchen, so many other things interfere. E.g. Graph.

OMG why am I only discovering halotop now? Delicious!

• Advertisement

So I went to my first sw meeting. I'm just filling in my first day of food in the food diary, and I have a question. I had a 120g pack of corned beef with 10 slices in it earlier, how do I count it? I'm assuming corned beef's not free. I did some googling and one site said the brand I had was 0.5 syns per slice (it's the brannans corned beef from aldi).

So I went to my first sw meeting. I'm just filling in my first day of food in the food diary, and I have a question. I had a 120g pack of corned beef with 10 slices in it earlier, how do I count it? I'm assuming corned beef's not free. I did some googling and one site said the brand I had was 0.5 syns per slice (it's the brannans corned beef from aldi).

Did you get a code for the online calculator? Yeah the brannans is 0.5 syns a slice

I did get a code, actually forgot about it. Thanks!

I did get a code, actually forgot about it. Thanks!

No bother best of luck with it all

Did you get a code for the online calculator? Yeah the brannans is 0.5 syns a slice

Sorry to jump in but whats the code you talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Hi everyone - can anyone give me the syn value for the 125g pot of Milbona Fat Free Yogurts - the pack comes with 2 of each flavour - looking at the app they are 3 syns a pot - surely that can't be right ???:(

Sooty

sooty1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone - can anyone give me the syn value for the 125g pot of Milbona Fat Free Yogurts - the pack comes with 2 of each flavour - looking at the app they are 3 syns a pot - surely that can't be right ???:(

Sooty

Lidl Milbona Fat Free Yogurt, Cherry (175g pot) 1 syn
    Lidl Milbona Fat Free Natural Yogurt (per 100g) Free
    Lidl Milbona Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g pot) 1.5 syns

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Thanks for that - I seen those ones on the app alright but if you go further down the app it says:

Lidl Milbona Mixed Fruit Fat Free Yoghurt 8 pack (125g) pot - 3 syns.... thats what has me so confused?:confused:

scarepanda wrote: »
    Has anyone any advice for getting started and being able to stick to the program?

Sure! I’ve got a Top 10!

Go to group & stay to group! The feeling of accountability, to make the right decisions during the week, is huge. You want that takeaway, but you’ll see those chicken balls again on the scales next week - so let’s cook something!

Think of a deeply personal reason to lose weight. Something you can draw from when feeling low. Maybe it’s being able to play with your kids, or setting a good example, finding a girlfriend, or just wanting to feel attractive - you deserve it, and you can have it.

The battle is won and lost in the supermarket. You only have to pass by the treats aisle once, but if it’s in your cupboard, it’s there every time you pass it. Order online if you have to!

Open your SW book & plan out meals in advance.The aim is to build up a roster of meals which you’re happy to eat in general, and you can go on autopilot.

You DON’T NEED to exercise! You can lose the weight purely by being a picky eater. And there’s a lot to pick from. Exercise is great for clearing the head and will tone your body, but has a poor return for weight loss, unless you’re close to your target weight.

Take photos of everything you eat and drink. It’ll keep you honest, and if your weight loss is stalling, you can show your group for advice! I use pic collage to put a day's food in one picture. I omit the free snacks (apple or coffee) etc but keep a tally of the HEA used. Have a look at my last week! https://imgur.com/a/TQHabZg

Stick with it for 6 weeks. After the first few beating sugar addiction, it gets so much easier. Plus you’ll have lost a stone or so, and feeling a lot less brain fog and bloating! Every time you get a loss on the scales, or a NSV (non-scale victory), like now being able to grab your foot from behind, it'll give you a little boost to keep going.

New recipes, new foods! There’s been tremendous advances on the scope and taste of low-calorie foods in the last few years. I’ve never ate so well in my life. 1-calorie spray, boxty, quark, fat-free yogurt, all game-changers!

Get invested in other people’s journeys. It’s a personal and emotional one (SW rarely deals with this side of things, you need to surround yourself with good members yourself) - supporting others will bolster your own resolve.

It’s ok to fail, it's ok to pause your journey, just don’t quit. However you’re doing now is better than if you weren’t on one at all! Tomorrow’s another chance to start fresh. I’m rooting for you!

I know you don't have to exercise to lose weight, but one of my reasons is so I can move about easier in general, and not get out of breath from walking or going up stairs. I've been going through the books I got from the meeting, and actually planning meals, I didn't do that with ww.

Also, I was planning my weekly shop on the tesco website, and they have the light and free skyr yogurts on sale for 69c and the app says they're only 0.5 syns, which is brilliant. The 500g soya yogurts are too much for me to eat in one go, and the skyr ones are 150g, which are the prefect size for a treat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement