Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify a tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Thats willow. You should pull them up asap as they have very fast growing, invasive roots and will damage your patio. You must have a large tree nearby thats spreading seeds so there may be more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 huitzilopochtli

Thanks lottpaul! Do you know what kind of willow, out of interest? I was thinking grey but the leaves didn't match the colour of the reference pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

I don't know what kind I'm afraid - it's the normal "wild" willow I think but wiser heads might have the correct name etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Probably a goat willow

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CCMYPLAYMATE

I'm going to jump on this !!! These trees are quite common but I have no idea of the name . If any one could help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its a stags horn sumach, or Rhus Typhina is its latin name. Nice tree, very easy, good autumn colour but tends to send up suckers so it can be a pest from that point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CCMYPLAYMATE

really like the look of them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what tree does this leaf belong to?

leaf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

That is a willow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

weeping willow?

• Advertisement
Advertisement