Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on replacing a sensor

Options
  • 28-08-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Just wondering if any of you guys in the know could give me some pointers on replacing a faulty sensor? Going to replace a faulty RF-CSW sensor on my HKC Quantum 70 during the week. Ive had a look in the menu and from what Ive gathered this is what I THINK Ive got to do. Any chance one of you could check what Im going to do and correct my procedure if needed ? Am I missing something?

1.Devices Menu > RF Devices Menu > Remove RF Devs > Remove:RF Zone
    Scroll to the Zone and press yes
    2.Physically remove the sensor an refit the replacement.
    3.Devices Menu > RF Devices Menu > Add & ID RF Devs

Will this remove the whole zone including settings, options and the zone name? Or will all the settings stay as they are?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats pretty much it.
    You will just need to reprogramme zone type,attributes & name.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Thanks Koolkid. Its on a window with the contact/reed enabled. I know how to set the name and the type is set to "Alarm". Would all the other attributes be just whats in "Zone Options" ? And Device options "Reeds On Yes" of course. Any other pitfalls ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just check gross and pulse set to 5-5.

Ive got all of mine sat to 3-3. I think the default was 4-4 so I decided to go a little more sensitive. I live in a quiet enough area, not too much going on around the house, so Ive gotten away with a more sensitive setting for just over 2 years without problems. Only problem now is that faulty sensor thinking is open every so often. Its not nice to be woken up by a screaming alarm in the middle of the night!.Ive had it on soak and set it to send me txts if its triggered. One night in the space of about 5 mins it reported that the window had opened and closed 4 times.

16/8/2017 00:23:59 AlarmSOAK Z008 Toilet Win
    16/8/2017 00:24:14 Input Closed SOAK Z008 Toilet Win
    And so on, and so on.

No mention of Gross or Pulse in the txts, so it must he a faulty reed switch.

Ive tested it with the alarm unset by turning on the chime for this zone. This resulted in the panel beeping every so often signaling that the window was being opened even when there was nobody near it. So I think it time to change the sensor.

Job done, Easier then I thought. Before I removed it I took a note of all the settings to do with the zone and device. Then I removed it from the system and then added the new one. But lucky for me the panel held all the zone and device settings,they were all as before I removed it,so I didnt have to redo any of the settings. Handy.

Thanks KoolKid for the info. You gave me the confidence I needed to replace my first faulty HKC sensor. Thanks for your help :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement