Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage saver account opened but no account details

Options
  • 28-08-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I got a message from BOI last week, telling me that my mortgage saver account opened and IBAN number. 
    I suppose there should be a letter providing more details. But currently I didn't receive any letter and I noticed my money got reduced with message "D/D BOI Savings DS".
    How could I check my mortgage saver account details? 
    Is this the way how it works? I can only know IBAN number of my account?

Could someone please help?

Thanks,
    Jing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jingq

Jingq wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a message from BOI last week, telling me that my mortgage saver account opened and IBAN number. 
    I suppose there should be a letter providing more details. But currently I didn't receive any letter and I noticed my money got reduced with message "D/D BOI Savings DS".

Could someone please  help?

Thanks,
    Jing
    Is there someone please providing some info? I tried to ring customer services twice, and 15 mins no one picked up! 
    I am thinking of "bye BOI" now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Could someone please help?

Thanks,
    Jing
    Is there someone please providing some info? I tried to ring customer services twice, and 15 mins no one picked up!

Hi Jingq,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I can confirm that once you open an account like this you will just receive a text message confirming that the account is open and the IBAN. If the account has not shown up on your 365 profile you can add it through 365 and I've included a video here showing how you can do this. Please keep in mind that when you are asked for the account number of the new account this number is the last eight digits of the IBAN.
    If you would like more information specifically to do with your new savings account you can raise these questions through the "Ask a question" section on your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be able to have a further look into the account for you.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jingq

Hi,

Thanks,
    Jing

Hi Jingq,

I can confirm that once you open an account like this you will just receive a text message confirming that the account is open and the IBAN. If the account has not shown up on your 365 profile you can add it through 365 and I've included a video here showing how you can do this. Please keep in mind that when you are asked for the account number of the new account this number is the last eight digits of the IBAN.
    If you would like more information specifically to do with your new savings account you can raise these questions through the "Ask a question" section on your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be able to have a further look into the account for you.

Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Thank you for your reply. 
    Now I got confused. Because when I opened this account, the one who helped me told me that I would receive a paper with IBAN and pin to log in online for checking. 
    As I don't have BOI card, I don't have option to use 365 online. My saver account set up based on my AIB card.

Could you please confirm that I can only go to local branch to check my account details, like balance considering my case?

Thanks,
    Jing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thanks,
    Jing

Hi Jingq,

Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Thank you for your reply. 
    Now I got confused. Because when I opened this account, the one who helped me told me that I would receive a paper with IBAN and pin to log in online for checking. 
    As I don't have BOI card, I don't have option to use 365 online. My saver account set up based on my AIB card.

Could you please confirm that I can only go to local branch to check my account details, like balance considering my case?

Thanks,
    Jing

Thanks for getting back to us Jing.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I thought your current account was held with Bank of Ireland.
    As you don't hold an account with Bank of Ireland you will receive a "confirmation of Investment" that will have all the account details on it. This would only be sent out a couple of days after the first payment goes into the savings account and will be sent directly to your address.

I hope this is some help thanks again for your messages.
    Darren.

Advertisement