Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Wired System?

Options
  • 28-08-2017 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Have a new property built that has been fully wired, most information I've been finding recently has been on wireless, also looking for a nice keypad like TEXECOM PREMIER ELITE which is chrome(matches the rest of the house), to use with a control panel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Consider Vanderbilt, their 520 series LCD keypads are very attractive.
    The problem with the panel you have mentioned is that it does not allow for the connection of inertia shock sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

kub wrote: »
    Consider Vanderbilt, their 520 series LCD keypads are very attractive.
    The problem with the panel you have mentioned is that it does not allow for the connection of inertia shock sensors.

You're right, looked at it last night, the 520 series is pretty sleek.

Biggest issue I'm facing is none of my local installers or suppliers seem to do Vanderbilt, what are my options on picking of an SPC4320 and a 521 keypad? Only found one website that I can actually purchase them from in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

stamjoe wrote: »
    Biggest issue I'm facing is none of my local installers or suppliers seem to do Vanderbilt, what are my options on picking of an SPC4320 and a 521 keypad? Only found one website that I can actually purchase them from in the UK.

That is a pity, are you in a rural area?
    As regards buying the equipment yourself, it could be a handful to install yourself.
    I imagine that the installers in your area are probably all HKC installers, it is a excellent manufacturer but as yet have not produced a LCD keypad, it is in the pipeline though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

stamjoe wrote: »

Where are you located?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Where are you located?

Living in Limerick City now, back home in cork is the closest possible supplier.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would one of those good installers in Cork travel over to look after ya.?:)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Would one of those good installers in Cork travel over to look after ya.?:)

Just getting the equipment is what I really need, that failed so then I went looking for an isntaller. The wiring done this year for the system seems to be done quite well.

Advertisement