Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does it take to end a contract with eir? The sequel

Options
  • 28-08-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I started out trying ot switch provider back in March and to say I was furstrated by the tactic of your "loyalty team" would be an understatement. Eventually in June I gave up and gave you notice (again) that I wanted to terminate my contract which expired on 14th July.  On the 19th July I had to come here and ask for the service to be terminated as I was still being billed, and was assured I would be re-isued with correct bill.

I sent back equipment, have copies of the An Post receipts on that and since the 7th Aug have emailed several times requesting a copy of my final bill.  When my online account is closed, I am not access the bill, yet I continue to recive emails/text from the uncontactable  Credit Control team who hide by noreply@... 

On 21 Aug, I emailed canwehelp@eir.ie included all details, including my account number, got an automated reply promising a 2 day response time, but on the 26th got a stalling email from Nagasamy "Customer Care Administration Team" who asked for the account number again. I replied immediately advising it was included in the initial email, and unsurprisingly all I got was the automated promised of another 2 day response time.

My account number #xxxxxxxx (account is closed), and I would like a correct copy of my final bill now to allow me finally bring this sorry saga to an end.  I can PM email address if necessary.

The irony of it all is that I was reasonably happy with your services, but your lack of flexibility to offer existing customers rates that promote loyalty left me with no option but to consider alternative.  Since then, the abject lack of customer care or credible escalation processes I have experienced since March across various contact methods should be of grave concern to your Board of Directors and Comreg.  Not only have you lost my loyalty, at this stage, you have created a hostile customer who wouldn't avail of your services if they were free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    I started out trying ot switch provider back in March and to say I was furstrated by the tactic of your "loyalty team" would be an understatement. Eventually in June I gave up and gave you notice (again) that I wanted to terminate my contract which expired on 14th July.  On the 19th July I had to come here and ask for the service to be terminated as I was still being billed, and was assured I would be re-isued with correct bill.

I sent back equipment, have copies of the An Post receipts on that and since the 7th Aug have emailed several times requesting a copy of my final bill.  When my online account is closed, I am not access the bill, yet I continue to recive emails/text from the uncontactable  Credit Control team who hide by noreply@... 

On 21 Aug, I emailed canwehelp@eir.ie included all details, including my account number, got an automated reply promising a 2 day response time, but on the 26th got a stalling email from Nagasamy "Customer Care Administration Team" who asked for the account number again. I replied immediately advising it was included in the initial email, and unsurprisingly all I got was the automated promised of another 2 day response time.

My account number #12408831 (account is closed), and I would like a correct copy of my final bill now to allow me finally bring this sorry saga to an end.  I can PM email address if necessary.

The irony of it all is that I was reasonably happy with your services, but your lack of flexibility to offer existing customers rates that promote loyalty left me with no option but to consider alternative.  Since then, the abject lack of customer care or credible escalation processes I have experienced since March across various contact methods should be of grave concern to your Board of Directors and Comreg.  Not only have you lost my loyalty, at this stage, you have created a hostile customer who wouldn't avail of your services if they were free.
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing since you've closed your account. I'd recommend removing your account from public view and sending it in a PM for security reasons. Can you also confirm your full name in a PM so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

eir: Adam wrote: »

My account number #12408831 (account is closed), and I would like a correct copy of my final bill now to allow me finally bring this sorry saga to an end.  I can PM email address if necessary.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing since you've closed your account. I'd recommend removing your account from public view and sending it in a PM for security reasons. Can you also confirm your full name in a PM so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam
    Just when you think things can't get any worse with eir, they do!

Not only have I still not got a final bill from eir despite ongoing requests online, here with Adam (last PM 8 Sep), the useless canwehelp@_ email and telephone call last Fri (which assured me that I would have the bill within 3-5 working days. In the call I asked to speak to Credit Control and was asssured that Customer Care were capable of resolving my case.

It now appears that my details have been passed on to a company called arvatofs.ie who I have made contact with and asked them to revert the issue to eir.  

I fully intend to send my payment and document my experiences since March to your MD and Comreg, but for now, can you please escalate this to someone who is capable of taking ownership and getting me a copy of the bill.  I also want an assurance that your tardiness and lack of service is not blemishing my credit rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there,

- Adam

Not only have I still not got a final bill from eir despite ongoing requests online, here with Adam (last PM 8 Sep), the useless canwehelp@_ email and telephone call last Fri (which assured me that I would have the bill within 3-5 working days. In the call I asked to speak to Credit Control and was asssured that Customer Care were capable of resolving my case.

It now appears that my details have been passed on to a company called arvatofs.ie who I have made contact with and asked them to revert the issue to eir.  

I fully intend to send my payment and document my experiences since March to your MD and Comreg, but for now, can you please escalate this to someone who is capable of taking ownership and getting me a copy of the bill.  I also want an assurance that your tardiness and lack of service is not blemishing my credit rating.
    Hi there Shuttle666

So sorry to hear about all this.

If you want, I can have a look at your account and see if anyone left any notes on your account to escalate this on?

If you want me to do this, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you via PM so just send me your details there

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there,

- Adam

Hi there Shuttle666

If you want, I can have a look at your account and see if anyone left any notes on your account to escalate this on?

If you want me to do this, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you via PM so just send me your details there

-Kyle
    Will send one now, but in my last PM with eir: Adam on 8 Sep, he was to put a note on the account and that I would have a bill by the time I returned from holiday.  I think it is ironic that you can't email me a copy of my bill for data protection reasons, yet you can pass on my details to a third party about a bill that you have yet to provide me with!

Hi there,

- Adam

Hi there Shuttle666

-Kyle
    PM just sent, with contact number if anything else is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there,

- Adam

Hi there Shuttle666

-Kyle
    PM just sent, with contact number if anything else is needed.
    Thank you so much.  I've responded to your PM

Let me know

-Kyle

Eureka, came home to a bill from eir!

So a big and genuine thank you to eir: Kyle for making this happen - this a new concept for me with eir, promise followed by action.

However, that the bill includes rental charges to the 19th July instead of the 14th, and an unpaid direct debit charge of €18+ (actually good value because otherwise I'd be looking for months of refunds at this stage) is another matter.

My bill is already paid at this stage, but it is sad that the eir loyalty team are empowered to force loyalty upon those who decide to leave, the canwehelp email /online chat facility are so ineffective as to be positively an insult to the intelligence of the eir customer, and credit control can't process an adress update over several years, can't make contact with a customer (a communication company!) before passing on an unresolved  and unissued bill to a third party.  And I am ashamed that we have a system of regulation that allows this bahaviour to continue.

I now have to start the process of ensuring that my credit rating is not impacted by eir ........... whoever said switching is easy needs to try it with eir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

So a big and genuine thank you to eir: Kyle for making this happen - this a new concept for me with eir, promise followed by action.

However, that the bill includes rental charges to the 19th July instead of the 14th, and an unpaid direct debit charge of €18+ (actually good value because otherwise I'd be looking for months of refunds at this stage) is another matter.

My bill is already paid at this stage, but it is sad that the eir loyalty team are empowered to force loyalty upon those who decide to leave, the canwehelp email /online chat facility are so ineffective as to be positively an insult to the intelligence of the eir customer, and credit control can't process an adress update over several years, can't make contact with a customer (a communication company!) before passing on an unresolved  and unissued bill to a third party.  And I am ashamed that we have a system of regulation that allows this bahaviour to continue.

I now have to start the process of ensuring that my credit rating is not impacted by eir ........... whoever said switching is easy needs to try it with eir!
    Glad to hear you've received your bill. I'll pass this message on to Kyle for you.

I can take a look at your bill for you and get back to you through PM's if you'd like? Bare in mind that we would charge you a month in advance, so, if you do close your account within this timeframe, we would issue a final bill that contains any credits that you might be owed.

- Adam

Glad to hear you've received your bill. I'll pass this message on to Kyle for you.

I can take a look at your bill for you and get back to you through PM's if you'd like? Bare in mind that we would charge you a month in advance, so, if you do close your account within this timeframe, we would issue a final bill that contains any credits that you might be owed.

- Adam
    Thanks but no thanks - I engaged in PM with eir: Adam on 1 and 8 Sep - no bill came and credit control passed on my details to a third party in the interim, despite assurances before I went away that it was no problem.

How do I confirm credit control have a record of my payment @ An Post on 2 Oct?  Your third party are still contacting me today :mad:

Re: Final Bill Request

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shuttle666
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eir: Adam
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shuttle666
    Hi Adam

Email would be quicker, but post is fine.

Thanks

Damien

I have arranged to have this sent out to you in the post so you should receive this soon.

Sorry I couldn't arrange an email for you.

- Adam

Hi again

I still haven't received any bill - I'm away on holiday from Monday, so won't be here to pay anything until the end of the month.

Damien

Sorry to hear you haven't received this yet.

That's no problem anyway, thanks for letting us know. As your account is ceased you can pay it at the end of the month.

- Adam

Advertisement