Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appetite for remote cloud services consultancy

Options
  • 28-08-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this the best forum to ask but just thinking what would peoples opinions be on an IT cloud consultancy that offers remote services internationally.

Basically I specialize in Microsoft Azure services and currently work for an Irish consultancy. I have ambitions to start my own consultancy but I would love to be able to do work for international customers in North America and possibly the Middle East, perhaps going over for meetings but then doing the projects back in Ireland. Since all Azure work is done through Microsoft data centres it's essentially remote anyway.

However I can see how there may not be great demand for this but at the same time I think that US companies are more used to having remote contractors and it's a different culture.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Some of the MS trainers I've had courses with did that, in other Microsoft technologies. They contracted between training and consulting.

Advertisement