Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Career....

Options
  • 28-08-2017 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

So I can't cope with being unemployed anymore. I have 3 years teaching experience (English and history) and I can't find job so I'm looking at a career change now.

I'm doing my non teaching CV up and I'm looking for some help, under responsibilities for each contract I have had what should I be including what do other employers want to see?

Summary/Personal Statement what should I include?

What are my transferable skills?

I'm pulling my hair out I don't know what I should be doing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Responsibilities- well you had ultimate responsibility for the learning of the teenagers in your care, planning and preparation of lessons, anything additional such as extracurricular clubs, involvement in drafting policies etc.

Transferable skills- interacting with the public i.e parents, managing meetings under a tight schedule, time management, presentation skills, organisational skills, flexibility... It can't be easy to have 18 year olds for 40 minutes and then switch to 13 year olds for the next. Teamwork, listening skills, ability to make decisions.

Then to sum up I would choose your top 2 or 3 skills or personal attributes and outline why they are exactly what your new employer would value in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Have a look on springboard for upskilling courses. Medical devices, pharmaceutical, IT are probably the best for jobs. I think (vague notion from talking to someone in the industry!) there's a demand for gmp/regulations consultants in the pharma industries... might be up your street if you've good handle of literary stuff!

Advertisement