Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment to italy

Options
  • 28-08-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello,

I have to send payment to a government office in Italy. I have been asked to send the payment through Euro bank draft, but have been told these don't exist from ireland. Is this true? What other options do i have for payment to another country?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can you get their BIC and IBAN and do a bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 miami180985

Victor wrote: »
    Can you get their BIC and IBAN and do a bank transfer?
    I'm waiting for them to reply to that. It's not listed as an option. Just international bank draft is mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hello,

I have to send payment to a government office in Italy. I have been asked to send the payment through Euro bank draft, but have been told these don't exist from ireland. Is this true? What other options do i have for payment to another country?
    Thanks

Hi miami180985,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

As you are looking for a Draft to use in Italy you can just purchase a normal Euro Draft in any branch of Bank of Ireland and this can be lodged in any account that operates in the Euro currency. I can confirm that there is a minimum amount limit of €500.00 for any Draft purchase in Bank of Ireland.
    You can also do a SEPA transfer through your 365 online profile to an account in Italy you just need the IBAN and BIC of the account your looking to transfer to. This would be the quickest option as you would have to send a draft through post to the payee and then it would have to go through a clearance process and a SEPA transfer should just take one working day to reach the payee bank.

Thanks again,
    Darren.  

• Registered Users Posts: 44 miami180985

Hello,

Thanks

Hi miami180985,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

As you are looking for a Draft to use in Italy you can just purchase a normal Euro Draft in any branch of Bank of Ireland and this can be lodged in any account that operates in the Euro currency. I can confirm that there is a minimum amount limit of €500.00 for any Draft purchase in Bank of Ireland.
    You can also do a SEPA transfer through your 365 online profile to an account in Italy you just need the IBAN and BIC of the account your looking to transfer to. This would be the quickest option as you would have to send a draft through post to the payee and then it would have to go through a clearance process and a SEPA transfer should just take one working day to reach the payee bank.

Thanks again,
    Darren.  
    Darren thanks so much for that. That's what I thought, I just obviously got a clueless teller in AN who told me they don't exist! Thanks a mil. It's the draft I need as it must be sent with my application through registered post. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As always when sending money, make sure that you are sending it to the right people and that it isn't a scam. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement