Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herb ID

Options
  • 28-08-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can someone tell me what this herb is?

I suspected it was oregano but the flowers are white

It is a little invasive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bixy

It looks very like the oregano in my garden, (Or what I planted as oregano) same flowers, same slightly discoloured leaves at end of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Bixy wrote: »
    It looks very like the oregano in my garden, (Or what I planted as oregano) same flowers, same slightly discoloured leaves at end of the season!

I think it is in fact oregano! What threw me is that most things I read referring to pink or purple flowers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Holy Diver wrote: »
    I think it is in fact oregano! What threw me is that most things I read referring to pink or purple flowers.

Thanks
    Looks like oregano to me as well. The flowers can be purple/pink or white. I have some of each as I bought a purple one for decoration as the flowers seem a bit nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Definitely oregano. Ours also has white flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Thanks.

Do ye find that it spreads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Thanks.

Do ye find that it spreads?

Yeah spreads a lot for me. Lawnmower throws off a lovely scent when I go over it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Closely related to the Wild Marjoram which is an Irish native wild flower. If your soil is limey, well-drained and sunny, this plant should feel right at home. :-) Enjoy!

Advertisement