Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mundane and boring daily tasks you find a chore?

• 28-08-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Peeing and eating. Very time consuming and boring

It's a struggle to down a bowl of chore flakes in the morn when you are 2 minutes late. If you need to pee, theres another 3minutes down the drain

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Fapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Resisting the urge to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Brushing teeth is very boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Do your chores like a good chap and if your reward chart is full by the end of the week you might get a ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's a struggle to down a bowl of chore flakes in the morn when you are 2 minutes late. If you need to pee, theres another 3minutes down the drain

3 minutes to take a piss? Do you go like once a day or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hate when you break the seal on a bender and end up pissing like a racehorse for the rest of the session.

It consumes so much time and energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Pairing socks after doing a clothes wash........... *dread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Ironing. What a crock of shït. We can send a man to the moon, and will soon have autonomous cars, but we still have to get out a board and suffer the misery of ironing

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Annani

Kids lunches for school :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hanging out washed clothes. Especially socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Emptying the dishwasher. Has to be done, just isn't any fun.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Emptying the dishwasher and having rewash the same glasses as the dishwasher wasn't bothered cleaning them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Tying my laces - the effort of having to bend down and engage in looping and swooping and pulling pains me to no end each day. To make matters worse it needs to be done for each shoe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You can't say 'chore' on AH without following it up with -sex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Washing the floor, I always find it's ends up dirty/dusty after about five minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Cutting the grass and general upkeep of the garden. I like it when it looks not like a jungle of weeds, but I hate making it so. Gardening is not my passion. And the garden is not small. And my lawnmower is cr@p, too.

Edit: Ok, not a daily but too often. On the daily ones it would have to be commuting. Or why stop there. Work. Full. Stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Changing the quilt cover. I hate that job. Had to do it last night. Got rewarded though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ironing and dusting. So flipping tedious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

All of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Putting on clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ironing. What a crock of shït. We can send a man to the moon, and will soon have autonomous cars, but we still have to get out a board and suffer the misery of ironing

Get a Tumble dryer and fold them when they're hot and never iron again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

very fond of this quote form Quentin Crisp

“There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I used to iron my clothes but I got sick of it and stopped. My clothes don't look any worse for it. The creases just work their way out of my clothes as I move. I haven't touched an iron in about three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Washing my hair.

Shampoo - boring, boring, boring, ow, my eye, boring, boring.

CONDITIONER - boring, boring, feels all soft and nice though and I can comb my hair with my fingers now, boring, wash it out, boring, boring.

There - put it into Mr. Towel - all is grand as I get myself dressed.

And now I have to dry it!?! Boring, boring, boring.

Ok, it's not every day, and it's an extra 20 beautiful minutes in bed when I don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

This is really just a thread full of first world problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Pairing socks after doing a clothes wash........... *dread*

No need if all your socks are identical.

I don't mind any chores except ironing and cleaning the oven. I hate them both. I do hardly any ironing thanks to judicious use of the tumble dryer, and I get in an oven cleaning service to do the necessary oven stuff as required and line with foil in the meantime.

Genuinely don't mind anything else, not even cleaning the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Beating the dust out of the rugs outside the tenement, in my short trousers and hobnail boots, with a handkerchief tied around my neck.

Beating the dust out of the rugs outside the tenement, in my short trousers and hobnail boots, with a handkerchief tied around my neck.

Emptying the chamber pots out t'window on the cobbles below.

Ooh aye, that's right satisfying that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Do you find the nearest sink to save time?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoys washing dishes and the like, but when it comes time to floss my teeth for some reason it just feels like an eternity, can't explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Cooking.
    I try to make 3 days of dinner in one go, so i have more time to waste on other things.
    Don't mind washing but i do mind having a load of washing to do and only one machine. Pile of clothes sitting on the floor until the machine finishes the cycle...which takes longer when you are in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I never iron. I do the lazy version of hanging clothes on hangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I never iron. I do the lazy version of hanging clothes on hangers.

Just take everything out of the dryer while theyre still warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't iron anymore either.. as said above, the creases seem to work out anyway (unless white shirts.. they just seem to stay creased out of spite)

A lot of the time I get home after work and spend an hour relaxing and thinking about what to make for dinner/if I'm hungry enough (I don't eat that much anyway). By the time I decide, it's usually after 8 and who can be arsed cooking for 30 mins+ then (especially when you'll eat it in 10 minutes)... cereal FTW

Don't mind hoovering actually.. I find it relaxing for some odd reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I'm shocked so many people hate ironing. I love it. I'd do it all day if someone was willing to pay me decent money. I find it very therapeutic. Same with hoovering. Ladies, form an orderly queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Burial. wrote: »
    I'm shocked so many people hate ironing. I love it. I'd do it all day if someone was willing to pay me decent money. I find it very therapeutic. Same with hoovering. Ladies, form an orderly queue.

Me too actually. I can't really think of anything I really hate doing (that the cleaner or my husband doesn't already do :pac:).

Not everything goes in the dryer.

Creases most certainly do not just straighten themselves out with wear

And yes, everyone can tell the difference if stuff isn't ironed.

I'm getting anxiety here. Might go iron something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I should actually just say what I like doing because it's a shorter list! I don't mind emptying the dishwasher, washing clothes, hanging them out, putting them away. I don't iron my clothes except the odd work top and I don't mind it too much. Also don't mind changing the bedsheets too much.

I hate hoovering, mopping, cleaning the kitchen or the bathroom. Not a big fan of cooking either but it isn't the worst. I take no joy in grooming myself, styling my hair or putting on make up. Forget about washing windows or dusting!

Basically, if I have to get up to do it, I don't want to! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hanging out clothes and putting the bins out are two jobs I detest .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sweeping. It's such an easy job too but I'll put it off forever.

And there's one junction I have to walk through every morning and I've grown to hate it because it hates me. It's visible for ages before you reach it and without fail the green man comes on at the precise point where it's just barely too far for me to run for it. Every morning, same bull****. And I don't pass it at the same time each day, it's definitely personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Standing in a queue at the building society or automated / manned check out. The people ahead of me dealing with the counter staff seem so stupid.

Wiping my bum. You would think that humans would have evolved to where the poop would just slide out in one clean swoop, like a sausage in a casing.

Also cleaning the hair trap on the shower. Never want a haircut more than when I have to de-scuzz the hair balls from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Wiping my bum. You would think that humans would have evolved to where the poop would just slide out in one clean swoop, like a sausage in a casing.

Also cleaning the hair trap on the shower. Never want a haircut more than when I have to de-scuzz the hair balls from it.

Well us humans are meant to squat when defecating and usually they come out in one swoop with little wipage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cooking.
    I try to make 3 days of dinner in one go, so i have more time to waste on other things.
    Don't mind washing but i do mind having a load of washing to do and only one machine. Pile of clothes sitting on the floor until the machine finishes the cycle...which takes longer when you are in a hurry.

put on first cycle when you go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Changing the quilt cover. I hate that job. Had to do it last night. Got rewarded though.

Tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

what fuucking does my nut in is when the sheet wont stretch to all four corners of the mattress, you get the top ones sorted and the bottom falls out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

And there's one junction I have to walk through every morning and I've grown to hate it because it hates me. It's visible for ages before you reach it and without fail the green man comes on at the precise point where it's just barely too far for me to run for it. Every morning, same bull****. And I don't pass it at the same time each day, it's definitely personal.

I also have such a road. And it deliberately extends its red man moments when it's pelting with rain (no shelter), or sweltering hot (no shade).

Once, when it was both pelting and sweltering, the lights quit entirely. Three lanes of cars all refusing to stop.

I'm pissed off now just thinking about it!

Robsweezie wrote: »
    what fuucking does my nut in is when the sheet wont stretch to all four corners of the mattress, you get the top ones sorted and the bottom falls out of place.

I'm going to change your life with this, so hang on tight.

Do diagonally opposed corners. Do the bottom left, then the top right then bottom right and top left.

It works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement