Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone from carrier has cosmetic damage

Options
  • 28-08-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Got a lovely new phone 3 days ago from a carrier and when I took it out of the box when I got home there was cosmetic damage on the side of the phone. The phone is made of aluminium and there is two dents on the side of it. The box was sealed so I guess this is a manufacturer blunder when the phone was packaged by clumby staff.

I went back into the Carrier and was told that they cant exchange or refund on the basis that I have no proof the damage was already there....He said it was my word against theirs as to how the damage happened, in other words they think I did it. I knew well they were gonna say that to me when I went back in.

What do I do now and how do I deal with this ? They are basically doing me here, surely I have some sort of comeback? The phone is 3 days old.

Advertisement