Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management Company - rude and ignorant

Options
  • 28-08-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Has anyone here had any dealings with <snip>?

Called them today to complain about tenants in an adjoining block (anti social / demented kids dumped off by parents running amok til 10pm every evening) and the girl <snip> who deals with the complex laughed down the phone and said 'well what do you expect us to do'.

If a management company are not willing to take care of issues in a block managed by them that is affecting the quality of life of folk living in a neighbouring complex then what are the options?

Who would be the next port of call?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: Company name and individuals name removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

italodisco wrote: »
    demented kids dumped off by parents running amok til 10pm every evening)

Its not much help but that should all be stopping this week with school starting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

When's the next AGM are you an owner or renter, if renting your LL is first call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

They were at this before the summer hols but not as bad, unfortunately this is the result of a certain housing organisation housing council tenants.
    It's a separate development that sides of to us, different management company to mine.
    I must approach a member of the committee and say it, I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been mentioned.
    The residents of the neighbouring block are forever giving out to the and shouting at them to shut up.

And to be fair I've let this go for nearly 4 months but considering I have a child of my own that can't sleep because of them I'd say it's time to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They were at this before the summer hols but not as bad, unfortunately this is the result of a certain housing organisation housing council tenants.
    It's a separate development that sides of to us, different management company to mine.
    I must approach a member of the committee and say it, I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been mentioned.
    The residents of the neighbouring block are forever giving out to the and shouting at them to shut up.

And to be fair I've let this go for nearly 4 months but considering I have a child of my own that can't sleep because of them I'd say it's time to sort it

The RTB have a procedure for you to follow. In fairness if it's a different management company to yours your company can't do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'll disagree slightly here. The company you refer to are the management agents, you can attempt to contact the directors of the neighbouring management company and encourage them to do something. It may be that their agent is failing to enforce development rules or act against anti social behaviour. They may be receptive to doing something about it.

My development backs on to another. The development behind us has glass recycling and it tended to be collected at 5am. Our agent contacted theirs, nothing. Tracked down a director who dealt with their agent, now 10am collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

....unfortunately this is the result of a certain housing organisation housing council tenants.....

All housing associations house council tenants, it's pretty much the only people they are allowed to house (except for a very small minority of their houses which were funded differently, and so can be rented to people not from the council list).

They are pretty close to un-evictable.

Your management company, and you all as individuals, should complain to the housing association. There are lots of measures which they can try using to address the problem. None are guaranteed to work. Something might.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- there is a set format the RTB have for lodging a third party complaint against tenants. You do not need to involve the management company, your own landlord or anyone else- you- as you are affected by the behaviour of these tenants, have a right to lodge a complaint.

Contact the RTB for further information- they've been cracking down on complaints involving anti-social behaviour of late- and have a very good record with third party complaints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Tbf I think you're unfairly blaming your management company when you admit that it's a different management company that manage the block where the trouble is coming from?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

pilly wrote: »
    Tbf I think you're unfairly blaming your management company when you admit that it's a different management company that manage the block where the trouble is coming from?

Its not even the management company- its the management agent for their own block- when its both a different managing agent, and management company- for the other development...........

3rd party complaint to the RTB is 100% definitely the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement