Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sports app

Options
  • 28-08-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

Hi

My eir sports app is constantly crashing after 1 second of viewing on my Android box. The app is definitely supported by the box as I downloaded it from the play store.
    I am having no problems with the app on my android tablet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Brego888 wrote: »
    Hi

My eir sports app is constantly crashing after 1 second of viewing on my Android box. The app is definitely supported by the box as I downloaded it from the play store.
    I am having no problems with the app on my android  tablet.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid the eir Sport app is not compatible with Android boxes. You can view more on how to view this app on the below link:

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stickytoffee

Hi there, my eir sport app won't work on my android (nexus x5). Will allow me log in ok, look at channels but when I select it buffers for a few seconds then an error message tell me eir sport app has stopped. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Phone support from eir think it's my phone as it works ok on a HTC phone. I was in contact with phone manufacturer but they have not experienced this before and suggested talking to app builder. Not that tech savvy so any help welcome.

Hi there, my eir sport app won't work on my android (nexus x5). Will allow me log in ok, look at channels but when I select it buffers for a few seconds then an error message tell me eir sport app has stopped. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Phone support from eir think it's my phone as it works ok on a HTC phone. I was in contact with phone manufacturer but they have not experienced this before and suggested talking to app builder. Not that tech savvy so any help welcome.
    Hi Stickytoffee,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your eir Sport app. I'd recommend getting in touch with our technical support department about this. If you give us a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 you should be able to get through to our technical support department about this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stickytoffee

Thanks Adam.

It started working a few days later. Nobody knows why but I'm happy enough it's working.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Brego888 wrote: »
    Hi

I am having no problems with the app on my android  tablet.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid the eir Sport app is not compatible with Android boxes. You can view more on how to view this app on the below link:

http://support.eir.ie/eirsport/

- Adam
    From your link above I went to this page
    https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/how-to-watch-eir-sport/
    and note the following at the bottom of the page
    Note: Some lower end Android devices are not supported including those devices with the following chipsets: MediaTek, Intel (some models of x86) & RockChip

As the above is about as vague as it is possible to be, can you please provide a link to a full list of compatible devices or alternatively a full list of incompatible devices.

I see no point in purchasing a device that cannot be guaranteed to work, so such a list is necessary.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

I would appreciate a response to my query, thank you.

It is too late now for the 'bargain weekend' :(

Maybe you would prefer a new thread?

It is too late now for the 'bargain weekend'  :(

Hi,

Apologies for the delay here.

I'm afraid there isn't a list available of the exact devices that this service is available/unavailable on. Can you tell me what device you're using/thinking about getting and I'll check is it available on it for you p[lease?

- Adam

Hi,

I'm afraid there isn't a list available of the exact devices that this service is available/unavailable on. Can you tell me what device you're using/thinking about getting and I'll check is it available on it for you p[lease?

- Adam
    No I cannot specify a device .....  I was looking for a 'bargain' on some device that would work but I was unable to check any device I found against a list of working devices.

That is why I wanted a list ........ 

If a device comes available, with a timed offer, there is no way I can get a response here in time, so a list is the only means I can think of to know before purchasing.

Alternatively if you could provide a list of specifications required to run the eir app, I might be able to determine by checking the specs of any device I am considering.

It really is a weird situation ......  I want to get a suitable device but there is no information that will allow me to know before I buy, whether it will work or not  :(

Hi,

- Adam
    No I cannot specify a device .....  I was looking for a 'bargain' on some device that would work but I was unable to check any device I found against a list of working devices.

If a device comes available, with a timed offer, there is no way I can get a response here in time, so a list is the only means I can think of to know before purchasing.

Alternatively if you could provide a list of specifications required to run the eir app, I might be able to determine by checking the specs of any device I am considering.

It really is a weird situation ......  I want to get a suitable device but there is no information that will allow me to know before I buy, whether it will work or not  :(
    This app requires a phone to have android 4.4 and up in order to run. 

I understand that it's frustrating not being able to get a list and I am sorry that I can't give you more information on this.

- Adam

Hi,

- Adam

This app requires a phone to have android 4.4 and up in order to run. 

I understand that it's frustrating not being able to get a list and I am sorry that I can't give you more information on this.

- Adam
    Will it work only on a phone?  There is no mention of that here
    Note: Some lower end Android devices are not supported including those devices with the following chipsets: MediaTek, Intel (some models of x86) & RockChip

It seems you cannot help at all  :(

I find it strange that eir cannot tell me what the limitations are for running their app!

• Advertisement
Advertisement