Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I had my interview today. Feeling pretty down about it as it didn’t go how I wanted. Found that the Garda inspector asked the competency straight forward. She asked about resilience and motivation to be a Garda. The two civil servants asked the rest and I felt like they really test you by cutting you off and asking you different areas of the competency.

most people tend to think they didnt do well. I wasnt sure how i felt on mine but i passed so as long as you covered the competencies to some degree maybe some areas you did better in will compensate

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    I'm 716 and have my interview next Tuesday. Anyone know what I need to know for interview or what type of questions I'm likely to be asked?

Im also up tuesday. Bricking it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rsher

Hey I had mine yesterday and didn't go as I expected either. Really feel a bit down about it myself ! Just dying to know now. I learned the competencies but they cut me off quite a lot so just hoping I did enough to cover what they wanted. My first interview was cancelled due to storm Ophelia best of luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rsher

How long where you waiting to hear if you passed I only did mine yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

Rsher wrote: »

It's been commented on many, many times. Have a flick back through previous pages for similar posts.

Some peoples results can vary between a week or two/three usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Rsher wrote: »

If you were one of the rescheduled interviews then you should find out next week apparently. I'm in the same boat so hopefully that actually is the case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 concf85

Quick question are the 5 competencies the same as last years campaign?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guys I’ve my interview on the 29th @2:30. My dads side of family still haven’t got in contact and I cannot get details for the vetting processs of the Form B . Is there a chance I could attend the interview and forward the information to Garda HQ’s after my interview or do I need it fully completed on the day. I’m afraid I’d have to drop out of the campaign over this situation 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys I’ve my interview on the 29th @2:30. My dads side of family still haven’t got in contact and I cannot get details for the vetting processs of the Form B . Is there a chance I could attend the interview and forward the information to Garda HQ’s after my interview or do I need it fully completed on the day. I’m afraid I’d have to drop out of the campaign over this situation 😔

They give you 7 days after the interview to email them the missing information.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Ciano1997 wrote: »

Think from previous threads on this, any info missing, you're given a week to e mail it on. Maybe fill in their names at least and as much as you can, and explain the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 KaC1994

I’m in the early 1000’s, any idea when I’ll have my interview? My friend after winning holiday to Vietnam for mid Jan and asked me to go with her, would I be silly to say yeah and go? Would it clash with interview? In such a predicament!!! Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

KaC1994 wrote: »
    I’m in the early 1000’s, any idea when I’ll have my interview? My friend after winning holiday to Vietnam for mid Jan and asked me to go with her, would I be silly to say yeah and go? Would it clash with interview? In such a predicament!!! Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Think the batch running at the minute are 550-800 so that would leave a group possibly before you. But they could (and probably will be) done before Christmas. Which could leave yours on in December. You could be lucky and be in Dec group depending on how near 100 you are. Give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KaC1994

Weejohnny wrote: »
    Think the batch running at the minute are 550-800 so that would leave a group possibly before you. But they could (and probably will be) done before Christmas. Which could leave yours on in December. You could be lucky and be in Dec group depending on how near 100 you are. Give them a call.

Thanks so much!! Who do I call? Public jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

I did my interview today, I had everything prepared down to the finest detail in the competencies. In interview, they asked me particular instances for the competencies and I couldn't relate them to the ones I had prepared, did anyone else find this too? I gave answers but just didn't go the route I would have liked

KaC1994 wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! Who do I call? Public jobs?

Yeah, it would be public jobs until after interview stage, they might be able to tell you which group you would fall into and when next interviews are on.

I did my interview today, I had everything prepared down to the finest detail in the competencies. In interview, they asked me particular instances for the competencies and I couldn't relate them to the ones I had prepared, did anyone else find this too? I gave answers but just didn't go the route I would have liked

Have mine tomorrow, everything learned off hope it's all plain sailing haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Curious if the new OOM for the 300-550 interview batch would be out Friday? That is if the rescheduled interviews get their results this week. Or if anyone has info on when would they be out.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

I had a similar experience! I still gave some sort of answer using my 2nd or 3rd example but I didn’t get to use my best example for each competency. A bit disappointing but it was always likely to happen... it’d be too easy if we just got to go in and rattle off what we’ve practiced! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Without a doubt! They are very good at what they do! Fingers crossed so, best of luck to you too!

What were the competencies??is it 2 competencies for each member of public appointments and 1 for the member of the gardai??

• Advertisement

I know it's been said before on this thread but I'm not arsed going back through the pages. Had my interview yesterday, is it 2 weeks until you hear back how u did or a week or 3 weeks.
    Many thanks, and best of luck to everyone.

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    I know it's been said before on this thread but I'm not arsed going back through the pages. Had my interview yesterday, is it 2 weeks until you hear back how u did or a week or 3 weeks.

If they're finished the batch this Friday, you would normally hear next Friday but if they are going on next week too it would be the following Friday. Tell yourself it will be the following week and if its sooner, bonus!

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    What were the competencies they asked u? Were u long in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi guys a little off topic from this thread but would of you guys think a new recruitment campaign will start in January? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Can you say what particular instances they asked you ? I have my interview tomorrow morning so I'll appreciate ur reply

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    I had a similar experience! I still gave some sort of answer using my 2nd or 3rd example but I didn’t get to use my best example for each competency. A bit disappointing but it was always likely to happen... it’d be too easy if we just got to go in and rattle off what we’ve practiced! Best of luck!

Can you say what particular instances they asked you please? I have my interview tomorrow morning so I'll appreciate ur reply

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Had my interview on the 21st of this month and received results today. Don’t know how I feel I literally thought I had failed but I passsd and my merit is 427.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Got my new OOM today. Anyone know if they’ll be doing medicals up until Xmas or will I just assume for Jan?

concf85 wrote: »
    What were the competencies they asked u? Were u long in the interview?

The ones your told about; interpersonal, motivation to be a guard, resilience, judgement and decision making, delivery of results. 30-40 mins. They'll ask for examples when you've shown these competencies. You'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jackthelad85

Hi guys, passed the interview and got my oom today, I'm in the 400's. It says the Gardai are conducting the next stage. Can somebody fill me in on what happens next, do the Gardai contact me or what process is involved? And when is the medical/fitness? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement