Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

AniaSz wrote: »
    Can you say what particular instances they asked you please? I have my interview tomorrow morning so I'll appreciate ur reply

It will be whatever is in your application and I mean anything they asked me loads on it that I hadent prepaired

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Hi guys, passed the interview and got my oom today, I'm in the 400's. It says the Gardai are conducting the next stage. Can somebody fill me in on what happens next, do the Gardai contact me or what process is involved? And when is the medical/fitness? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You'll be called for a medical next

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Had my interview to. Went great! Hopefully I done enough to pass. Wish everyone the best of luck going for it and waiting on results. How long. Would you be waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jackthelad85

Thanks guys. And is medical and fitness test done the same day?

Thanks alot guys. And is the medical and fitness test done the same day?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. And is medical and fitness test done the same day?

Medical and fitness done separately, you'll have 4 weeks notice in regards to the fitness.

Medical is stage 4 of 5, you'll get your bmi, eyesight, hearing etc done on the day.

Thanks alot Ruairi really appreciate it! One last thing, does the Sergeant call me in before or after medical/fitness?

Thanks alot Ruairi really appreciate it! One last thing, does the Sergeant call me in before or after medical/fitness?

Your ok chief, best to know what's ahead for you. I had my interview yesterday hoping to hear back soon.
    I think they get in contact with you after your fitness is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aaron_998

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    Your ok chief, best to know what's ahead for you. I had my interview yesterday hoping to hear back soon.
    I think they get in contact with you after your fitness is done.

You can get contacted anytime really, everyone’s different, I met mine weekend before my medical about 2 weeks ago, she said she was starting the vetting them. I think everyone is different prob depending on how busy their home station is

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Hey all got my OOM mid 200's can someone enlighten me to what numbers there on at the moment for the medicals?

really trying to see or have a guideline on my dates :)

• Advertisement

Hey all got my OOM mid 200's can someone enlighten me to what numbers there on at the moment for the medicals?

really trying to see or have a guideline on my dates :)

When did you have your interview?

Congrats on the result

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

I just recieved my OOM and im in the 400s. I had my interview in October. So i suppose ill just have to wait patiently for my medical now .

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Got results yesterday after sitting my re-scedueled Interview after the storm posponed the 1st one. Got mid 300's. Any idea the turn around time for the medical ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    When did you have your interview?

Congrats on the result

Did my interview on the end of october.

Hi all after interview how do u hear if u pass is it public jobs and also how do u hear about medical physical is it registered letter? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Trish587

22832 wrote: »
    Hi all after interview how do u hear if u pass is it public jobs and also how do u hear about medical physical is it registered letter? Thanks

You receive an email from public jobs with the results of the interview and your new number if your successful.
    I received my medical date and time from HRM by email as well so keep an eye on your emails. I got about 3 weeks notice for medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Trish587 wrote: »
    You receive an email from public jobs with the results of the interview and your new number if your successful.
    I received my medical date and time from HRM by email as well so keep an eye on your emails. I got about 3 weeks notice for medical.

Have you received an invite for a medical from June 17 campaign? Strange no word myself and had interview end Sept with result the following week.

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Have you received an invite for a medical from June 17 campaign? Strange no word myself and had interview end Sept with result the following week.

Yes I have my medical next week. I had my interview in mid Sept so hopefully you will hear soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Anyone have any indication of how many applicants they have gone through on oom for interviews?

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Anyone have any indication of how many applicants they have gone through on oom for interviews?

I done interview this week 850ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Trish587 wrote: »
    Yes I have my medical next week. I had my interview in mid Sept so hopefully you will hear soon :)

Cheers. Unlikely this side of Xmas now at this stage. You can really see how this process takes forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

22832 wrote: »
    I done interview this week 850ish

Cheers i'm between 1000-1100 so should be soon do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Cheers i'm between 1000-1100 so should be soon do you think?

I think they want to finish interviews in 2 weeks Time

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Had interview on Thursday any idea when I’ll hear if I passed or not ?

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Had interview on Thursday any idea when I’ll hear if I passed or not ?

Usually between 1-2 weeks depending on when the interviews were finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

For form b, can a Garda and reference be related as in son/mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

For form b, can a Garda and reference be related as in son/mother?

I had a high rank member Garda referenced. It can work in your favour as it shows you associate with them and you are (hopefully) a good person.

I would not use a family member for a reference. Of course family is going to recommend you.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

It’s a week tomorrow and results still not out yet? Anyone know are they still doing the interviews and how long does it take to get back results?

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    It’s a week tomorrow and results still not out yet? Anyone know are they still doing the interviews and how long does it take to get back results?

I did mine a week today, we'll probably have an answer within a week and a half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Pedrol39

Ciano1997 wrote: »

I was waiting 12 days.

Advertisement