Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

CAJJ wrote: »
    2 to 3 weeks. That's not a while.

God help you when you get past the medical and physical.

Not much patience on these threads. Plenty of times I've said it.

The thread just seems to be littered with people asking 'how long' before they hear back.
    When no one actually knows but PAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

shaunerz wrote: »
    The thread just seems to be littered with people asking 'how long' before they hear back.
    When no one actually knows but PAS.

Ok here's my timeline of events

Applied sept 16 got a low enough oom

Validated Nov 16 very high oom - think nerves got the better of me.

Interview Mar 17

Results early April 17 - must have done well in this as clawed my oom up to late 700's

May 17 -Invited to templemore for viewing of physical tests

Sept 17 - medical

Dec 17 - physical

During the autumn I've seen the Sargent and the super.

I have previous employers and none have been approached for an reference yet.

Long road and a lot of patience !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

JC43 wrote: »
    Ok here's my timeline of events

Applied sept 16 got a low enough oom

Validated Nov 16 very high oom - think nerves got the better of me.

Interview Mar 17

Results early April 17 - must have done well in this as clawed my oom up to late 700's

May 17 -Invited to templemore for viewing of physical tests

Sept 17 - medical

Dec 17 - physical

During the autumn I've seen the Sargent and the super.

I have previous employers and none have been approached for an reference yet.

Long road and a lot of patience !

You and hundreds of others. I'm not doubting your patiences. I'm just saying no one on this thread can give anyone dates on when they are to get word back. And it's the must commonly asked question.
    Unless of course someone has been in contact with PAS/HRM and they have give them a date... and even then, they don't seem to give out dates of results too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chloe92

I passed stage 2 at the end of august. Still waiting for my interview date! Anybody the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Chloe92 wrote: »
    I passed stage 2 at the end of august. Still waiting for my interview date! Anybody the same??

Odd.ring them and ask them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

depends on your order of merit number, I was 750's and got a date for November, youll probably get one in the new year, its a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

I am the same haven't got a date for my interview yet. What OOM are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chloe92

deiseman17 wrote: »
    I am the same haven't got a date for my interview yet. What OOM are you?

I am 1027 😣 u?? I'll ring later to double check. What date did you sit your exam was it 18th of august?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rivermansteve

Also still waiting for stage 3. Passed stage 2 on august 24th. Im a little higher in the OOM than you chloe.
    Cant see the interview happening this side of Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

The 980's were interviewed today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerryman90

Stage 3 results are out for 28th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 16 concf85

Results in!!!passed thank god oom 520 hope everyone gets good news 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Failed. So gutted ! But it’ll only make me stronger for the next recruitment! Wish everyone the best of luck!ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Passed there oom low 600s, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Stage 3 results 30th are up
    Passed !!!! OOM 585 delighted ðŸ˜

Guys does anyone know the e-mail to get feedback from interviews results. I failed and would love to hear? I’ve rang up an they can’t give me the information over the phone

Passed !!! So happy. Oom 501 :)))

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know the e-mail to get feedback from interviews results. I failed and would love to hear? I’ve rang up an they can’t give me the information over the phone

Ring them again and ask for email. Pity u didn't go trough it was my 3rd time applying and I've studied so so hard . Dont give up and definitely try again !

AniaSz wrote: »
    Ring them again and ask for email. Pity u didn't go trough it was my 3rd time applying and I've studied so so hard . Dont give up and definitely try again !

I think it’s gardatrainee2017@publicjobs.ie , I’m delighted for you! Wishing you the very best! I’ll never give up! Hopefully the next recruitment is better for me x

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Anyone any idea how many more people are waiting to get interviewed? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DeHorse88

Passed too went from 716 to 501 thrilled. Any idea how long before we hear about medical roughly?

passed as well, congrats to everyone else that passed! If you didnt pass use the feedback and come back stronger next time if this is the career you really want��

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Passed too went from 716 to 501 thrilled. Any idea how long before we hear about medical roughly?

Good to see some familiar names getting through! Got placed low 600s.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Got my results today, passed and moved up over 300 places on the OOM delighted!! Excited to see some of ye at the next stages

DeHorse88 wrote: »

Im The same from 756 to 501 :)

placed in the 530s from november interviews, patience is obviously required for everyone but it would ne nice to have a general idea.. Has anyone got any idea how long ot could take to get a medical based on the campaign so far and then the fitness test?

Obviously the vetting will be done whenever it gets done but if anyone has any idea anything is appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerryman90

Passed aswell placed in the 520's. My understanding of it is there will be a medical some time in January and a fitness test in February. That seems to be the general timeline based on previous candidates.

Does anyone know when are the intakes for 2018 after February or has it been announced ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poshea48

Hi all,

I also dropped about 400 places into the 500s.I got a bit of info but take it as you please and I hope I'm wrong but it's as it goes.....

I have been told by my cousin who is going to templemore in January that the next stage that happens before any medical or fitness test happens is for you to meet your local Sargent or Superintendent and they will go through your criminal record that you filled in on form B( if you have anything of course) and discuss everything on it and then also talk about your motivations.

They will also possibly contact the references you have on your B form and confirm that they are the referees you want them to contact.

I have also been told that 200 new recruits are going down from January and just judging by the oom numbers in here seem to be starting at 500s the into the 600s we could be March or so.

The physical has changed and there Is a bleep test incorporated into it and they also work out your BMI. I think my cousin said it needs to be under 18% body fat.

Supposedly a lot of people got caught out on that.

Also for the people who didn't make it, there is a job on publicjobs.ie for Contol Room operators and they are employing for Dublin, Cork, Waterford and Galway. Seems to be decent money and its a foot in the door. By being in the surroundings and involved I'm sure you would fly through the next recruitment.

Again take what you want from this. Hopefully I helped. Best of luck down the road. Hope I meet all of you.

Poshea48 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I also dropped about 400 places into the 500s.I got a bit of info but take it as you please and I hope I'm wrong but it's as it goes.....

I have been told by my cousin who is going to templemore in January that the next stage that happens before any medical or fitness test happens is for you to meet your local Sargent or Superintendent and they will go through your criminal record that you filled in on form B( if you have anything of course) and discuss everything on it and then also talk about your motivations.

They will also possibly contact the references you have on your B form and confirm that they are the referees you want them to contact.

I have also been told that 200 new recruits are going down from January and just judging by the oom numbers in here seem to be starting at 500s the into the 600s we could be March or so.

The physical has changed and there Is a bleep test incorporated into it and they also work out your BMI. I think my cousin said it needs to be under 18% body fat.

Supposedly a lot of people got caught out on that.

Also for the people who didn't make it, there is a job on publicjobs.ie for Contol Room operators and they are employing for Dublin, Cork, Waterford and Galway. Seems to be decent money and its a foot in the door. By being in the surroundings and involved I'm sure you would fly through the next recruitment.

Again take what you want from this. Hopefully I helped. Best of luck down the road. Hope I meet all of you.

This mean that if I'm well able to do all physical but my body fat is more than 18% they won't let me pass ?? Around 18% u have to be athlete I think ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Poshea48

Sure look, as I said, I only heard it from someone. Could all be bollox. I'm Defo over 18% myself. Prob 88% body fat ha but I'm just going to do my own think and get my fitness levels up. Hope for the best after that.

Best of luck

Advertisement