Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

AniaSz wrote: »
    This mean that if I'm well able to do all physical but my body fat is more than 18% they won't let me pass ?? Around 18% u have to be athlete I think ....

Dont worry about body fat, BMI is weight in relation to your height and youll be put into a category based on that. I work in a gym and Ive done PT with people gone into the guards who have 30%+ body fat at least so dont worry about it as long as your in some reasonable shape, if youve any questions let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Poshea48 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I also dropped about 400 places into the 500s.I got a bit of info but take it as you please and I hope I'm wrong but it's as it goes.....

I have been told by my cousin who is going to templemore in January that the next stage that happens before any medical or fitness test happens is for you to meet your local Sargent or Superintendent and they will go through your criminal record that you filled in on form B( if you have anything of course) and discuss everything on it and then also talk about your motivations.

They will also possibly contact the references you have on your B form and confirm that they are the referees you want them to contact.

I have also been told that 200 new recruits are going down from January and just judging by the oom numbers in here seem to be starting at 500s the into the 600s we could be March or so.

The physical has changed and there Is a bleep test incorporated into it and they also work out your BMI. I think my cousin said it needs to be under 18% body fat.

Supposedly a lot of people got caught out on that.

Also for the people who didn't make it, there is a job on publicjobs.ie for Contol Room operators and they are employing for Dublin, Cork, Waterford and Galway. Seems to be decent money and its a foot in the door. By being in the surroundings and involved I'm sure you would fly through the next recruitment.

Again take what you want from this. Hopefully I helped. Best of luck down the road. Hope I meet all of you.

Hi,

I’m from the June 17 campaign, after you pass your interview it goes medical up in pheonix park and then physical templemore, as far as im aware then you meet the local super. You will more than likey get an E-mail soon in regards to an open day for the physical in templemore. They walk you through all the stages. Very helpfull.

I myself had an OOM in the 50s from the June 17 campaign and only recently did the medical, it was around 3 months between interview and medical. I would say from application to starting in templemore it would be a minimum 9 to 12 months, all depending on vetting.

Best of luck to all ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

I only failed by 4 point, I pass the motivation to become a Garda & interpersonal skills. The rest I failed by 2 points each. To think I was so close to pass and then failed is heart breaking! I’m glad they seen the potential to become a guard is overwhelming! Maybe I’ll be successful next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

If you are in employment but leave for another job having passed the interview, what way would this affect the process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

redpuma wrote: »
    If you are in employment but leave for another job having passed the interview, what way would this affect the process?

This will probably come up in your Sergeants interview in your local station. It shouldn't have any affect, depending on the reason you left your job. E.g. If you were fired or something, or if you left to be unemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

Hi there I recently got my result from my interview (490s). I was told that the OOM doesn’t really matter is that true?

Also is anyone going to the open day on the 20/1/18 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Hi there I recently got my result from my interview (490s). I was told that the OOM doesn’t really matter is that true?

Also is anyone going to the open day on the 20/1/18 ?

It can be true in cases where somebody has issues with vetting and it takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Can anybody tell me if you get a date for medical or physical and your away on holidays for the the date are there ways of rescheduling?

Or is it if your unable to make it your dropped?

Im away for 2 and a half weeks from the first week of april hoping i wont miss any date if i am away.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rivermansteve

Im about 1100 in OOM and still waiting to get a date for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Hi, just wondering what topics/questions get asked at the interview stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Questions about team work , did u ever had to go extra mile in work , all examples from competencies and if they will ask u about certain job but your example is from different area jus tell them and they will let u talk about it .
    Questions about college what do u know , modules

Lets hope wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what topics/questions get asked at the interview stage?

Hi,

Below are a list of the competencies that you are judged on in the interview, have 3 examples of each i would say, school, work, and a sport maybe. They will base all of the questions on these.

Resilience.
    Serving the Public.
    Problem Solving.
    Interpersonal Skills.
    Personal Effectiveness.
    Motivation to be a Garda.
    Judgement and Decision Making.
    Delivery of Results

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Has anyone got help for the interview who has already done the interview that they would recommend them onto me in a private mail with price and contact details. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Has anyone got help for the interview who has already done the interview that they would recommend them onto me in a private mail with price and contact details. Thanks
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

MrPaudieQ wrote: »
    Hi

Below are a list of the competencies that you are judged on in the interview, have 3 examples of each i would say, school, work, and a sport maybe. They will base all of the questions on these.

Resilience.
    Serving the Public.
    Problem Solving.
    Interpersonal Skills.
    Personal Effectiveness.
    Motivation to be a Garda.
    Judgement and Decision Making.
    Delivery of Results

Thanks for help i will work on these thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Two questions a private course gave my friend that supposedly come up for the motivation to be a Garda section was; why would you want to join a force with a negative image? How would you deal as a Garda going into an area that was not open to Garda access? There is plenty more like these.

Two questions a private course gave my friend that supposedly come up for the motivation to be a Garda section was; why would you want to join a force with a negative image? How would you deal as a Garda going into an area that was not open to Garda access? There is plenty more like these.

They didn’t ask me anything like that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

Hi all congrats to those who passed the interview did anyone get the email on the induction on the 20th regarding the open day for the physical? If so they ask to bring your photo ID and your invitation with you (is the email the invitation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shanyban

Yep the email is the invitation. Print it out or just show them the email on your phone on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

Hi all,

I've gone through about all the posts there are relating to the interview, have mine tomorrow. Just looking for some last minute advice. How long (in time) should each competency take, I feel mine are quite short and maybe not great. I'm over the 30 mark so have a good bit of experience with jobs, travel etc, wondering if that will be an advantage or not.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

They will ask for community work , also if they will ask u about one of the competencies from certain work area but u have something else prepared don't be afraid to ask them if it's ok to talk about what u have.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

Be yourself there will be water there drink it your mouth will get dry be calm the more life experience you have works better tried to relax and as crazy as it sounds try to enjoy it best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

Hi all,

I've gone through about all the posts there are relating to the interview, have mine tomorrow. Just looking for some last minute advice. How long (in time) should each competency take, I feel mine are quite short and maybe not great. I'm over the 30 mark so have a good bit of experience with jobs, travel etc, wondering if that will be an advantage or not.

Cheers.

Blow the story up add as much detail as possible if one of your examples was helping a colleague in work go into every detail of how the situation arose how you handled it how he felt how the others felt just keep talking, also be aware when you do start your example they will ask quick questions throughout the example a technique they try to distract you best of luck tomorrrow go in and give it everything you have! Let us know how you get on

Thanks for the reply guys. I do a good bit of voluntary work with a voluntary ambulance service, currently work 2 jobs (6 days a week) as well, do a little in my community too by helping a local voluntary organisation. I just hope I can get that across, rubbish at interviews.

Seen some people say they got asked about the duties of a Garda, should I be prepared for that one?

Another quick one. How were most people asked the questions, we're they blunt in asking, like 'Give me an example of your interpersonal skills?' or more subtle?

Had the interview yesterday, they were all quite nice and relaxed, I think it went well, guess I won't know for a few weeks though.

Thanks for the tips in here! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Had the interview yesterday, they were all quite nice and relaxed, I think it went well, guess I won't know for a few weeks though.

Thanks for the tips in here! =)

Same here, I was happy enough it’s hard to know what to make of it though. Wonder how long we will be waiting hate the unknown

Does anyone know roughly how long your waiting for interview results?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

Crowlers wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long your waiting for interview results?

10 to 14 days usually.

• Advertisement

diddlybo wrote: »
    10 to 14 days usually.

Thanks a mill, the waiting isn’t fun

Advertisement