Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jaja123

Hi All..urgent help..have interview in 2 weeks..i have my leaving cert results coloured version but not statement of results for degree or level 9..do I need these on day of interview? If so would it slow me down?

I have the scrolls but not full results

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Interview is nerve racking waiting for it but once your in there you'll find it's not as worrying as you thought easier for me to say now but try not to worry it will do no good, know your compencies inside out, sell yourself as much as possible and really let them know you want to be a guard, know about the ranks life in templemore what you'd like /dislike about the career. Try have back up compencies too and you should be fine there really is no trick questions best of luck to all with interviews coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sjn97

My friend sat her stage 2 on the 9th of August which i think is one of the first groups, yet she still hasn't got her results.... can anyone help? Is this the same with anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Had anyone interviews this week? Just wondering how they went. I've mine next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭kahmen

im in the boat at the ,oment of i done my stage 2 on the 17/08/2017 but i have not herd any mor sinces then is any one ells in the same boat just wondring if any one has any idyas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Best of luck to everyone doing interviews this week, and equally best of luck to everyone waiting on results from stage 2. Start preparing for the interview if I were you, it's an intense 40mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Preparation is key.  You need to make them see a potential Garda in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmo94

Just made it through stage 2 over to this thread I go

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Onto Stage 3 as of yesterday I'm glad to say. Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get the next email containing "Form B" etc after you receive the email with stage 2 results? Also, any tips would be fantastic, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Got through to Stage 3. Just wondering where will this interview be. Is it in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Droptheworld,
    Your interview should be in the public appointments building on middle Abbey street in Dublin. Easy to get to from most parts of the country.

Cheallaigheoin,
    I would recommend that you consider doing some voluntary work in your area now as if you wait until you get your date it may be too late. The same goes for your fitness or weight if these are an issue. This is more for after your interview if you're successful as again you don't want to leave this until it's too late.

For your interview I would highly recommend doing a preparation course. I did it and know loads who did too and it makes a massive difference.

In relation to form b, I'm not sure how long you'll be waiting but you can start to gather a list of all of your brothers, sisters, parents, aunts and uncles now to help that process. You need names, addresses, dates of birth and occupation for each.

Thanks for that eoinkildare, most appreciated! Yes my weight and fitness are very good and I do voluntary work in my area and thankfully I know all my family etc. I will definetly be doing prep courses also. Cheers!

I will definetly be doing prep courses also. Cheers!

No problem. PM me if you need a recommendation but there are a few out there.

Regards,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Hi All!!

Delighted to be on this thread :)

quick question, is there job simulation test in stage 3 also or just the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aaron_998

I need some examples to use for resilience in everyday life please!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone have an idea when you'll receive the e-mail with dates , times & formB for the stage 3 interview process? Also anyone know which oom they are on for interviews ? I'm going away at the end of October just don't wanna miss out on the dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ericoh97

How's it going everyone, I did my stage 2 on August 8, I received my results Friday and was lucky enough to have passed. I placed 458, anyone have an idea when I'll be called to do the interview ? Cheers and good luck to everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea when you'll receive the e-mail with dates , times & formB for the stage 3 interview process? Also anyone know which oom they are on for interviews ? I'm going away at the end of October just don't wanna miss out on the dates!

It says in the email you will be called OOM between now and the new year.
    I know someone in the last campaign to who placed early 700s and waited two months between his stage 2-stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I passed the interview last August

Some tips
    - have plenty of examples for the competencies try and vary the examples in my case I had sport college work examples so I mixed them all up to avoid repeating

-for those not familiar with Dublin make sure to scope out the location for interview :) helps with the nerves to know where you are goin, Luas stops outside

-drink the water provided , helps with any nerves

-pause before you answer, think what you are saying first

-if the chance comes to smile don't be afraid to, one of the interview panel make a joke during mine and it helped me relax

-know the training in templemore e.g. Phases modules,
    -know the Garda rank
    -duties of a Garda e.g. Station on beat, warrants common day to day tasks

-be prepared for questions like
    How would you react to verbal abuse from a guy on the street ?
    How prepared are you for the salary decrease from your current role ?
    The interview panel asked me for a rough figure for my current salary
    Any areas of the Gardai appeal to you? Drugs Community etc

-They asked me about the reserves
    I had an answer prepared as I am not a reserve due to other commitments, that was accepted by the panel

-make sure your forms certs etc are filled in in its entirety, I was missing vetting info and looked like a bit of a mug on the day ha

-before the interview I went to the cafe next door to look over my examples. This helped me keep them fresh !

Overall the panel want to pass people and they are encouraging and help to get you through it

Good luck all!

Plenty of tips on boards for this just search away!
    Good luck

Hi all, I have a question as regards Form B. My wife has never met her father and he isn't on her birth certificate, do I need to get info on him for the form or can I put down unknown. Has anybody ever had to deal with this issue, thanks!

• Advertisement

Excellent advice, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

Hi All.

Congrats on getting through to stage 3.

Do we need a copy of our college results/degrees or is leaving cert results sufficient enough?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod note:

Thank you to those who reported the post from "load1234". It has been deleted and the user infracted for trolling.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Hi just qualified for stage 3 last Friday any idea how long before interview.. also after that how long before templemore? 850ish ranked
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Hard to know how it went. In my Motivation to be a Garda didn't get to give all info I had prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Mokuba wrote: »
    Hard to know how it went. In my Motivation to be a Garda didn't get to give all info I had prepared.

Don't worry about it , I'm sure they were happy enough with what you provided. Best of luck. What was your oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

Mokuba wrote: »
    I was the same. Think the other competencies went well but feel I failed on motivation to be a Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

Out of a matter of interest how soon after our Interview do they begin the vetting and contacting our references?? Is it after we receive confirmation if we passed interview or when??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

mooju wrote: »
    Out of a matter of interest how soon after our Interview do they begin the vetting and contacting our references?? Is it after we receive confirmation if we passed interview or when??

No clue ....any idea when we'll know if we've passed interview.....don't think I did anyway .was tough..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Mowley wrote: »
    No clue ....any idea when we'll know if we've passed interview.....don't think I did anyway .was tough..

what part did you think was the hardest if you dont mind me asking.

Advertisement