Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

Mowley wrote: »
    No clue ....any idea when we'll know if we've passed interview.....don't think I did anyway .was tough..
    I expect that we will hear Friday week... just a guess really though

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

mrDerek wrote: »
    what part did you think was the hardest if you dont mind me asking.

I'm on the young side...don't think my examples were great...got thrown a bit by the superintendent...ah I don't know what to make of it. You're obviously happy enough?

mooju wrote: »

Are they doing interviews up to the end of this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

I got results of interview about 2 half weeks after. This was the sept 2016. Also my oom changed because of it. I had a low oom after stage 1 then the nerves got to me on stage 2 so had a high oom . But after the interview my oom became mid way of stages 1 and 2.

That saying I'm still waiting on physical and superintendent chat.

JC43 wrote: »
    I got results of interview about 2 half weeks after. This was the sept 2016. Also my oom changed because of it. I had a low oom after stage 1 then the nerves got to me on stage 2 so had a high oom . But after the interview my oom became mid way of stages 1 and 2.

When did they start contacting your references after interview?? Is it a bad sign on how you did like if they havent contacted them a week after interview??

• Advertisement

How long ago did you do your interview..seems a long time waiting on the physical?

When did they start contacting your references after interview?? Is it a bad sign on how you did like if they havent contacted them a week after interview??

No .
    Maybe someone on here will confirm but I think I read on one thread your local station contacts the references.
    Some of my ref have been contacted but not all so far

No .
    Maybe someone on here will confirm but I think I read on one thread your local station contacts the references.
    Some of my ref have been contacted but not all so far
    That is a long wait.... I was expecting if successful at interview to have medical and physical complete before christmas

That is a long wait.... I was expecting if successful at interview to have medical and physical complete before christmas

My oom is 800 so prob if you have a much lower one you go through quicker. That saying one year on since Sep16 they offering places to in or around 250 for Nov 18 entry ..
    So it's a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

I definitely wouldn't take anything out of your references not being contacted. Mine weren't contacted until around the time I met with the sergeant in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I'm on the young side...don't think my examples were great...got thrown a bit by the superintendent...ah I don't know what to make of it. You're obviously happy enough?

Haven't done it yet Thursday for me did they introduce themselves and say which competencies they would be focusing on

Haven't done it yet Thursday for me did they introduce themselves and say which competencies they would be focusing on

They covered all of them...

They covered all of them...

No I meant like did each interviewer say which competency they would be focusing on so like interviewer 1 saying he or she will do resilience and interpersonal and so forth

No I meant like did each interviewer say which competency they would be focusing on so like interviewer 1 saying he or she will do resilience and interpersonal and so forth

They split them between the three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Hi this is a bit off but got cancer few years ago all good now didn't need treatment will that be a problem going forward??

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭DeHorse88

Currently waiting on Stage 3 Interview don't have a date yet. I have a problem though, I have a pass in 4 Leaving Cert Subjects and also a pass in Link Modules. Will the Link Modules be enough to pull me through?? I applied for Prison Officer and on the entry requirements for that it said Link Modules would count as a Pass to qualify. However there is no mention of anything like that for The Guards. I rang Public Appointments about it and they are looking into it and will get back to me in the next couple of days.....some anxious wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Anyone going to the stage 3 prep course on the 6th of October? Looking for a lift from Waterford city or possibly Nenagh Tipperary if anyone has a spare seat in their car for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

Anyone that did there interview on the day they started (Monday 18th Sept), get results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

floggmolly wrote: »
    Anyone that did there interview on the day they started (Monday 18th Sept), get results yet?

I was just wondering the same myself. Anyone get any feedback or results for interviews since the 18th Sept?

kerryman85 wrote: »
    I was just wondering the same myself. Anyone get any feedback or results for interviews since the 18th Sept?
    They said 2-3 weeks so I would expect them either Friday or next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

They said 2-3 weeks so I would expect them either Friday or next week

I was waiting 11days for my interview results in the sept 16 campaign

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    I was waiting 11days for my interview results in the sept 16 campaign
    do they wait until all the interviews from one batch are complete to give out results perhaps?? So those who had interview on the 18th would have longer wait than those interviewed last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Whoishenry

They just wrapped up the first round of interviews last Friday... from the 305 brought forward they are selecting 125 to advance to next stage. Results will all be out together from this I would imagine. They are rank everybody on a scoring system based on the interview and this will determine your new oom. At the end if succesful through all stages your 3 oom's from stage 1-3 are combined to give you a total score and the lower this total is the quicker you get to templemore provided no issues with vetting etc. Could be wrong on some bits but its what ive been told anyway ☺

Whoishenry wrote: »
    They just wrapped up the first round of interviews last Friday... from the 305 brought forward they are selecting 125 to advance to next stage. Results will all be out together from this I would imagine. They are rank everybody on a scoring system based on the interview and this will determine your new oom. At the end if succesful through all stages your 3 oom's from stage 1-3 are combined to give you a total score and the lower this total is the quicker you get to templemore provided no issues with vetting etc. Could be wrong on some bits but its what ive been told anyway ☺

sounds mostly accurate i dont think theres a set amount they bring forward i think if you meet the minimum competency requirements you are brought forward.

sounds mostly accurate i dont think theres a set amount they bring forward i think if you meet the minimum competency requirements you are brought forward.
    Yeah all sounds right bar the set number part.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Hi guys, new to this just started. My oom is 773 and awaiting a date for my interview. Any idea when there expected to reach my number?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Hi guys just wondering is there any indication when we will get interview dates with oom just over 1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering is there any indication when we will get interview dates with oom just over 1000?

They finished first batch last Friday which was 305

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

floggmolly wrote: »
    They finished first batch last Friday which was 305

And next batch start oct 16th, possibly group 306-550.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know whether we can find out how or why we failed interview if we failed or is it simply "you failed and thats that"

Advertisement