Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

results just sent out surprisingly quick i only did mine thursday. Passed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Failed - almost positive I failed on Motivation to be a Garda.

Quite annoyed now to be honest. Don't feel like I was given a fair crack of the whip in that section. I actually felt like the Inspector completely misread my additional comment in the original application form - he seemed to be focusing on something that I hadn't even said - in fact I had almost said the opposite to what he was inferring. What's more annoying is the fact that he focused on it and when I tried to display my knowledge of modues/training/ranks - which I knew inside out and upside down - he moved me away from it immediately.

Sounds like sour grapes, always areas to improve on and experiences to better yourself with to make a better candidate - but still frustrating nonetheless.

That's probably it for me - I know some people will say well you don't have much motivation if you're giving up now, but it adds on probably another 2 years to me getting in at least. I need to focus on other pursuits now rather than twiddle my thumbs waiting for another campaign to come around.

Best of luck to all who went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Mokuba wrote: »

Quite annoyed now to be honest. Don't feel like I was given a fair crack of the whip in that section. I actually felt like the Inspector completely misread my additional comment in the original application form - he seemed to be focusing on something that I hadn't even said - in fact I had almost said the opposite to what he was inferring. What's more annoying is the fact that he focused on it and when I tried to display my knowledge of modues/training/ranks - which I knew inside out and upside down - he moved me away from it immediately.

Sounds like sour grapes, always areas to improve on and experiences to better yourself with to make a better candidate - but still frustrating nonetheless.

That's probably it for me - I know some people will say well you don't have much motivation if you're giving up now, but it adds on probably another 2 years to me getting in at least. I need to focus on other pursuits now rather than twiddle my thumbs waiting for another campaign to come around.

There's supposed to be another campaign in February, you obviously placed high in stage 1+2. Use interview as a lesson.

Weejohnny wrote: »
    There's supposed to be another campaign in February, you obviously placed high in stage 1+2. Use interview as a lesson.

Yeah I failed my first interview in the 14 campaign I dunno what age you are but if your not already 35 give it another go

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

I also feel I failed on this aspect. Any way of us finding out you know??

• Advertisement

mooju wrote: »
    I also feel I failed on this aspect. Any way of us finding out you know??

You can request feedback how detailed it is I'm.not sure I reckon it's the scoring of your interview since there's so many interviews goin on

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

mrDerek wrote: »
    You can request feedback how detailed it is I'm.not sure I reckon it's the scoring of your interview since there's so many interviews goin on
    That would be great as I am young enough to give it another go and would love to know how I did on each part.... How do I go about this do you mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mezzac95

Hi guys. I got through to stage 3 and my oom was 53. My interview date was scheduled for the 26th of August but I was away. Does anyone know when the next rounds are? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

I passed..I can't believe it. Delighted. Well done to those that did and keep going to those that didn't.

mezzac95 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I got through to stage 3 and my oom was 53. My interview date was scheduled for the 26th of August but I was away. Does anyone know when the next rounds are? Thanks!

Did you just not go to the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Holeymoley11

Look take it as a learning curve. I failed the interview in the Sept campaign. Requested the feedback and fell on motivation to be a guard. Did the interview a few weeks ago and felt like motivation to be a guard was my strongest point. In applying for it again it will show how motivated you are. You will defo get it ! Just get your head down and apply again !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

You will not get a new date, you'll have to apply for stage 1 when it opens again!

mrDerek wrote: »
    Did you just not go to the interview?

No I told the public appointment service I was away and they said that I will be called in the next round but I was just wondering if anyone knew when it was

No I told the public appointment service I was away and they said that I will be called in the next round but I was just wondering if anyone knew when it was

Next batch have been called, week of Oct 16th.

If you remember when we got our Interview date, in the email it said that it was not not possible to rearrange the date of the interview and being unable to attend would result in the termination of your application?

floggmolly wrote: »
    If you remember when we got our Interview date, in the email it said that it was not not possible to rearrange the date of the interview and being unable to attend would result in the termination of your application?

I do remember and I just rang them asking if there was any possibility of rescheduling and they said there would be if you emailed them with the reason why you should get a date in another round. I was just asking when the other rounds were

I do remember and I just rang them asking if there was any possibility of rescheduling and they said there would be if you emailed them with the reason why you should get a date in another round. I was just asking when the other rounds were

Don't get me wrong, I hope you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Anyone have an idea when the high 700s will be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭DeHorse88

Weejohnny wrote: »
    Next batch have been called, week of Oct 16th.

I presume the order of merit will be from 306 to 550 roughly. Im currently at 716 so i would expect to be called after this batch. how long does it take roughly to complete all interviews for a batch??

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    I presume the order of merit will be from 306 to 550 roughly. Im currently at 716 so i would expect to be called after this batch. how long does it take roughly to complete all interviews for a batch??

I'm 773, nice to see someone in my bracket haha.
    Maybe a week or so? I'd say we'll get a shout the end of October!

• Advertisement

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    I'm 773, nice to see someone in my bracket haha.
    Maybe a week or so? I'd say we'll get a shout the end of October!

Better start doing a bit for it so, have you any prep done so far?

Better start doing a bit for it so, have you any prep done so far?

Have done a lil bit, looked up abit about the training in templemore and garda ranks. Need to scrub up on my competencies but I'm getting a mock interview in a week or 2 to help. Yourself?

Have done a lil bit, looked up abit about the training in templemore and garda ranks. Need to scrub up on my competencies but I'm getting a mock interview in a week or 2 to help. Yourself?

Nothing really done was goin to do a career services day next week but id be more comfortable doin a mock interview with someone it would prob be more beneficial too

Nothing really done was goin to do a career services day next week but id be more comfortable doin a mock interview with someone it would prob be more beneficial too

Yea I've heard career services courses your packed into a room with one teacher not really worth it

Yea I've heard career services courses your packed into a room with one teacher not really worth it

I did gardarecruitment - https://www.facebook.com/gardarecruitment.ie/

They do groups or individuals. They course content is decent but where you really get bang for your buck is the after service. They will review some of your samples give you advice tips etc. I also got to leverage feedback from other interviewees they had going in before me so i didn't go in and get blind sided which i would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Hey weejohnny, are you sure about your order of merit? My order of merit is 716

Hey weejohnny, are you sure about your order of merit? My order of merit is 716

Its DeHorse88 that's said he's 716 not me, I'm in the 350_360 range.

The first batch seemed to be 2 weeks of interviews.

• Advertisement

DeHorse88, are you sure about your order of merit? My order of merit is 716

Advertisement