Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭DeHorse88

DeHorse88, are you sure about your order of merit? My order of merit is 716

After double checking it I'm definetly 716

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Ya I'm 100%, maybe we scored the exact same in stage 2, probably done by computer so sure it's just a glitch that shouldn't matter ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

How much notice are you given before the interview with the date etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    How much notice are you given before the interview with the date etc?

I got two and a half weeks notice.

shaunerz wrote: »
    I got two and a half weeks notice.

And do they send out the Form B then too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

And do they send out the Form B then too?

You should have your form b in time to complete it for your interview usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MountshannonTB

Lads random enough question here, but does anyone know how to see what we submitted for the ‘form A’ way back when! Is there anyway of downloading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Lads random enough question here, but does anyone know how to see what we submitted for the ‘form A’ way back when! Is there anyway of downloading it?

Your application form? You can see it in your applications in public jobs and print from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jdk98

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Currently waiting on Stage 3 Interview don't have a date yet. I have a problem though, I have a pass in 4 Leaving Cert Subjects and also a pass in Link Modules. Will the Link Modules be enough to pull me through?? I applied for Prison Officer and on the entry requirements for that it said Link Modules would count as a Pass to qualify. However there is no mention of anything like that for The Guards. I rang Public Appointments about it and they are looking into it and will get back to me in the next couple of days.....some anxious wait.

I'm in the same boat with Link Modules, did you get any word back?

jdk98 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with Link Modules, did you get any word back?

Yeah they said Link Modules counts as a Pass....they had someone in the same boat the last batch and he got through they told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

Does anyone know how long the actual interviews take? Just trying to sort out train times to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

foam wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the actual interviews take? Just trying to sort out train times to Dublin.

The interview itself is about 40 minutes, but you have to get there early to sign in and go through your vetting form. Plan to be there for at least 2 hours as it will give you wiggle time if there are any delays.

Guys for the Form B, when giving info on grandparents do we put down there occupation before retirement and also what if they are deceased? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Guys for the Form B, when giving info on grandparents do we put down there occupation before retirement and also what if they are deceased? Thanks in advance

Fairly sure you still put occupation, as in retired teacher or deceased-teacher. Did you get date for interview?

Weejohnny wrote: »
    Fairly sure you still put occupation, as in retired teacher or deceased-teacher. Did you get date for interview?

nice one. Not yet, id say nov time. im just getting all the info together so im prepared for that

nice one. Not yet, id say nov time. im just getting all the info together so im prepared for that

What number are you on the OOM??

What number are you on the OOM??

Sorry just looked back realised your 773.

Sorry just looked back realised your 773.

Are you in this campaign yourself?

Are you in this campaign yourself?

Yes I'm 716 I onto u before about when u would expect us to be called. Hopefully get an interview in November

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Has anyone done the prep courses for the interview and if so would they recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

did a 1v2 with garda recruitment and it was good helped me avoid a few curveballs

mrDerek wrote: »
    did a 1v2 with garda recruitment and it was good helped me avoid a few curveballs

Did you have references with you to the interview or just referees named?

Yes I'm 716 I onto u before about when u would expect us to be called. Hopefully get an interview in November

Apologies. Getting closer to November now hopefully we'll have a date soon.

Would anyone recommend going to their local garda station and having a chat with them?

Did you have references with you to the interview or just referees named?

Well the references is a form b type thing which you should have filled out and printed to hand into PAS on the day of your interview

mrDerek wrote: »
    Well the references is a form b type thing which you should have filled out and printed to hand into PAS on the day of your interview

On form b it asks for names and says bring written references if available, checked back on the threads here and could only find one guy who said he didn't as the local Sergeant contacts them anyway.

On form b it asks for names and says bring written references if available, checked back on the threads here and could only find one guy who said he didn't as the local Sergeant contacts them anyway.

If you dont have them by the time your interview comes around say it to the person who collects your forms she will give you a weeks extension from that date.
    The form b is only forwarded to the stations once PAS are satisfied with the information provided within.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Hi lads,

Just a little confused here. I had my interview last month and listed various references on the Form B at the different sections they were requested.

Never provided a ‘written reference’ from anyone nor was I asked for any by PAS rep on attendance at interview.

I assume they contact whoever they feel necessary of the references provided.

Is this right?

Alberto17 wrote: »

Hi lads,

Just a little confused here. I had my interview last month and listed various references on the Form B at the different sections they were requested.

Never provided a ‘written reference’ from anyone nor was I asked for any by PAS rep on attendance at interview.

Is this right?

That's great to know, it said by the general references, name two people who have known you for 5yrs who would be willing to recommended you, attach written references where available. But it seems its the local Sergeant who then contacts them anyway. I have a couple done in case. How did you find the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

Alberto17 wrote: »

Hi lads,

Is this right?

It's not a necessity to have a written reference. It does however back you up and give the vetting team a better understanding of what kind of person you are.

Simply put it's better to have a few kind, honest words from your reference instead of just a name, address and number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

That's great to know, it said by the general references, name two people who have known you for 5yrs who would be willing to recommended you, attach written references where available. But it seems its the local Sergeant who then contacts them anyway. I have a couple done in case. How did you find the interview?

Seems that you don’t need them but would do your case no harm, as per reply from CAJJ.

Interview was fine, had plenty to talk about so it went quickly. They will ask a few probing questions so be expecting it, why did you do x, could you have done something else etc. Few people seem to fail on motivation competency so be sure to give solid reasons and you may be asked about why you weren’t in reserves. Be yourself, try not to be too nervous. I wasn’t asked about college but there was no time left, expect questions here though.

Advertisement