Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scott201717

Anyone who got their interview results last week heard anything yet about medicals etc, or know what time time frame usually is for it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

So I've my interview Tuesday and my leaving cert results haven't come and I ordered them nearly two weeks ago. Anyone know what I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

So I've my interview Tuesday and my leaving cert results haven't come and I ordered them nearly two weeks ago. Anyone know what I can do?

If they haven't come in Monday's post, ring Athlone and explain you need them urgently and when you go to interview explain and they give you a week to forward any missing paperwork. Don't panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Seems that you don’t need them but would do your case no harm, as per reply from CAJJ.

Interview was fine, had plenty to talk about so it went quickly. They will ask a few probing questions so be expecting it, why did you do x, could you have done something else etc. Few people seem to fail on motivation competency so be sure to give solid reasons and you may be asked about why you weren’t in reserves. Be yourself, try not to be too nervous. I wasn’t asked about college but there was no time left, expect questions here though.

What kind of question was asked about the motivation competencies?
    Any other questions you would suggest for me to work on?

The office of the Public Appointments Service will be closed tomorrow, Monday 16 October. All tests and interviews scheduled for this date have been postponed. We will be in contact to reschedule.

Taken from public jobs Facebook page.

• Advertisement

Weejohnny wrote: »
    The office of the Public Appointments Service will be closed tomorrow, Monday 16 October. All tests and interviews scheduled for this date have been postponed. We will be in contact to reschedule.

Taken from public jobs Facebook page.

Really hoping this might extend to Tuesday too.

Really hoping this might extend to Tuesday too.

Ah no, you're psyched up for it now, tomorrow's gang will probably have to wait couple of weeks now to be slotted in again. With the ones for early morning probably already in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dazza995

Anyone had any word if interviews are set to go ahead tomorrow as scheduled? Emailed public jobs but still waiting on a reply!

Dazza995 wrote: »
    Anyone had any word if interviews are set to go ahead tomorrow as scheduled? Emailed public jobs but still waiting on a reply!

It was their Facebook page that announced last night about today but no update there so far. Notices in their doors today just said closed today.

Just saw their Facebook post interviews tomorrow are postponed. So happy as I was feel so unprepared!

• Advertisement

Owing to continued uncertainty about the impact of Storm Ophelia on transport links and infrastructure, although the office of the Public Appointments Service will be open, all Interviews and Tests scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday 17 October 2017 have been postponed. We will be in contact with you to re-arrange.

From public jobs Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

Hi guys! Just wondering how far into interviews people are? I placed in the 750's after stage 2 and was wondering when I might be called? Any help is appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Hi guys! Just wondering how far into interviews people are? I placed in the 750's after stage 2 and was wondering when I might be called? Any help is appreciated thanks

I'm not too far behind you, I'd imagine we will be called for November time. The second group were due to have started today and I think they were 351-550

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    I'm not too far behind you, I'd imagine we will be called for November time. The second group were due to have started today and I think they were 351-550

Group 306-550 ish were to start today but today's and tomorrow's interviews had to be postponed due to weather so will have to rescheduled before your group starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amandapanda

Hi everyone,
    Im new on here but i was just wondering in relation to form A for the interview. Do they focus in on this a lot as i really didnt fill it out great and am worrying this will be a massive disasvantage to me. Was due to have my interview on monday but was cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aaron_998

Hi everyone,
    Im new on here but i was just wondering in relation to form A for the interview. Do they focus in on this a lot as i really didnt fill it out great and am worrying this will be a massive disasvantage to me. Was due to have my interview on monday but was cancelled

They have it on an iPad in front of them and read t as you speak, they do refer to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amandapanda

Aaron_998 wrote: »
    They have it on an iPad in front of them and read t as you speak, they do refer to it

Will this be a big disadvantaged if i have not filled it out great...i did not realise this would be what they use in the interview..i didnt put anything into additional comments 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Whoishenry

Will this be a big disadvantaged if i have not filled it out great...i did not realise this would be what they use in the interview..i didnt put anything into additional comments 🙊
    Dont panic about this I did not fill it in great either. In my opinion they dont really stress the relevance of it enough at the very start of the process. I simply apologised for a couple of acts of omission at the start of the interview and they were more than happy with that. They accept human error can be part and parcel of these things. I did obviously cover verbally the period of time that I omitted. In my case I left out my leaving cert plus 1st and second year of my college course which I did not complete before I went in to my current profession. Interview went well and I placed top 10 oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ericoh97

Had my interview today, my oom was 473. Very hard to tell how it went. I didn't get a lot of my points across as I was interrupted because of time, anyone have an idea when I should get my results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

ericoh97 wrote: »
    Had my interview today, my oom was 473. Very hard to tell how it went. I didn't get a lot of my points across as I was interrupted because of time, anyone have an idea when I should get my results ?

They interrupted you to test you.

If you got some of your information across at the start of it they probably wanted to get on with it without you rambling on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

ericoh97 wrote: »

got mine 5 days after so could vary

• Registered Users Posts: 13 octopusprime

Can anyone explain how the OOM's work. For example, I placed low 1500's after stage one, and am now late 300's after the assessment center. I have my interview next week, but people that are placed behind me in the OOM have gotten their interview date before mine. Just wondering how that might have happened? By the way good luck to all doing their interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Whoishenry

Can anyone explain how the OOM's work. For example, I placed low 1500's after stage one, and am now late 300's after the assessment center. I have my interview next week, but people that are placed behind me in the OOM have gotten their interview date before mine. Just wondering how that might have happened? By the way good luck to all doing their interviews!

I was told by a seargent who deals with vetting in their station that all your ooms are combined and after interview you are placed according to your total score.

Example. Stage 1 oom = 1000, stage 2 oom = 500, stage 3 oom = 200.
    Total therefor is 1700

If you scored higher or lower on different stages it may mean you get passed out by or fall behind someone else.

I am open to correction on this of course if somebody else knows more or has heard differently only going by what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Whoishenry wrote: »
    I was told by a seargent who deals with vetting in their station that all your ooms are combined and after interview you are placed according to your total score.

Example. Stage 1 oom = 1000, stage 2 oom = 500, stage 3 oom = 200.
    Total therefor is 1700

If you scored higher or lower on different stages it may mean you get passed out by or fall behind someone else.

I am open to correction on this of course if somebody else knows more or has heard differently only going by what I was told.

nah thats wrong i got inside OOM 200 i think its a weighted system like an average or something i did amazing for stage 1 bit meh for stage 2 and must have killed it in stage 3 to bring it back inside 200 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Quick one - Is the vetting process carried out by the Garda appts in HQ or by your local station or is it a bit of both?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Quick one - Is the vetting process carried out by the Garda appts in HQ or by your local station or is it a bit of both?
    Cheers.

Both

HQ go through the form and search for any external info
    Station going through it with you and questions anything

Its then sent back to HQ to finalize and clear it.

Has anyone whose interview was cancelled last Mon/Tue due to Ophelia heard any update re new date?

Weejohnny wrote: »
    Has anyone whose interview was cancelled last Mon/Tue due to Ophelia heard any update re new date?

Not yet. When they called to say it was cancelled they said it could be the end of the month or first week of November when it would be rescheduled. But im guessing that's a bit soon.

Not yet. When they called to say it was cancelled they said it could be the end of the month or first week of November when it would be rescheduled. But im guessing that's a bit soon.

Should be soon as they will be trying to keep that batch together for results, oom. Was thinking they would be slotted at end of interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 MountshannonTB

Hi lads, the link for the documentation required for stage 3 interview won’t open for me. Does anyone know what the documents are? I’m presuming birth cert, educational qualification and ID ? Thanks!

Advertisement