Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ericoh97

"MountshannonTB

Off the top of my head it's leaving cert plus photo copy, original long birth certificate plus photocopy, passport or license and a photocopy, certificate proving proficiency in two languages, usually the leaving cert is enough for most people. Best of luck in your interview !

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Hi lads, the link for the documentation required for stage 3 interview won’t open for me. Does anyone know what the documents are? I’m presuming birth cert, educational qualification and ID ? Thanks!

It won’t open on your phone, you need to download it on a PC

• Registered Users Posts: 13 octopusprime

Slight mess up on my part folks, wondering how I'm fixed. Have all relevant docs with the exception of official Leaving Cert transcript (thought the black and white one was the official one, turns out it's only provisional)

I've ordered my certificate through examinations.ie this evening but won't have it in time for my interview (end of this week).

Is this going to be a big deal on the day or if I'm waiting a week or 2 for it to arrive? Kind of powerless although have emailed examinations.ie to say I'll happily travel to collect it in person tomorrow, serious long shot though!

Will not having it on me this week hurt my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Slight mess up on my part folks, wondering how I'm fixed. Have all relevant docs with the exception of official Leaving Cert transcript (thought the black and white one was the official one, turns out it's only provisional)

I've ordered my certificate through examinations.ie this evening but won't have it in time for my interview (end of this week).

Is this going to be a big deal on the day or if I'm waiting a week or 2 for it to arrive? Kind of powerless although have emailed examinations.ie to say I'll happily travel to collect it in person tomorrow, serious long shot though!

Will not having it on me this week hurt my chances?

Don't affect you on the day they will give you a weeks extension to mail it to then

• Registered Users Posts: 13 octopusprime

Ordered it last night and collected it from examinations office in Athlone today. Was worried the week extension wouldn't be enough on the Bank Holiday so didn't want to take any chances!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

How for along are the interviews I'm 860 any idea when the interview will be thanks

22832 wrote: »
    How for along are the interviews I'm 860 any idea when the interview will be thanks

I was 473 and had my interview last Wednesday, hopefully looking to get my result in the next week or so. I imagine you will have your interview in about a month

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

ericoh97 wrote: »
    I was 473 and had my interview last Wednesday, hopefully looking to get my result in the next week or so. I imagine you will have your interview in about a month

Thanks for that hope u got on ok? Any tips

22832 wrote: »
    Thanks for that hope u got on ok? Any tips

Wasn't too bad, very hard to tell if I passed or not, the board seemed to ask me some fairly irrelevant questions that stopped me from talking about my main points which was fairly annoying. Just know your examples for each competency well is all I could say really! Oh and drink the water they give you as it really helps. Know the training in templemore and the ranks of the gardai also. Best of luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Wasn't too bad, very hard to tell if I passed or not, the board seemed to ask me some fairly irrelevant questions that stopped me from talking about my main points which was fairly annoying. Just know your examples for each competency well is all I could say really! Oh and drink the water they give you as it really helps. Know the training in templemore and the ranks of the gardai also. Best of luck with it !

I had my interview today, I totally agree with your point! I wanted to talk about other relevant work/life experiences for my compentices but they never let me bring those points across, I was really pissed off after. I hope you passed though bud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Had mine last week too. Did they tell any of you guys when we expect to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

shaunerz wrote: »
    Had mine last week too. Did they tell any of you guys when we expect to hear back?

No, but for the Garda Reserves I heard back after 5 days, probably longer for the Garda Trainee, maybe a week or two, don't hold me to that now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spara83

Viking123 wrote: »
    No, but for the Garda Reserves I heard back after 5 days, probably longer for the Garda Trainee, maybe a week or two, don't hold me to that now haha

I did my interview at the end of September. Heard back about 5 or 6 days later

Viking123 wrote: »
    I had my interview today, I totally agree with your point! I wanted to talk about other relevant work/life experiences for my compentices but they never let me bring those points across, I was really pissed off after. I hope you passed though bud!

I'm glad someone agrees with me ! For example for one of my competencies I said I had to practice a speech I prepared and mid sentence I was asked " what room in your house did you practice the speech?' I just thought that was such an irrelevant question that by answering wasn't gonna help me pass

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

I'm glad someone agrees with me ! For example for one of my competencies I said I had to practice a speech I prepared and mid sentence I was asked " what room in your house did you practice the speech?' I just thought that was such an irrelevant question that by answering wasn't gonna help me pass

I think they cut you off and dont let you finish some of the stuff cos they see that you know what your talking about so theres no point wasting time on it.

Thats what i heard anyway, still awaiting my interview date im in the high 700s.

Hope everyone is happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raymond00999

Hi just wondering had any to email public appointments with more info for there form b and did they get an email bak to say it was received?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

Hi all i had my interview yesterday just wondering when do we hear back about the results. Also i could do that interview ten times and Still be the same i did prep course and it still doesn't prepare you for the fast paced inter view. My mouth went dry to . i hope i wasn't the only one who felt like this

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MountshannonTB

I know exactly what you mean by fast paced, and agree exactly with what the rest of the lads were saying. I was constantly being cut off and asked irrelevant questions. At the end of the day they know what they are doing and hopefully we will be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Momentrock11

Hi guys

Well done on everyone getting this far. A few points that may help.

The interview itself is not as terrifying as it may seem. Nerves do get the better of you when you arrive and you are allocated a sear in the sitting area after presenting your documents at the desk. If you dont have them dont worry they ask you to email them across later on.

Next you will be asked into a room with your form b. Have this typed and not hand written.

Then you go back to the sitting area and your name is called by your allocated note taker.

The note taker gives you a brief overall of who is present and wishes you all the best. You enter the room and are greeted by the board .

You take your seat and they give you and overall review of how the interview will go. This is where you start to feel at ease. They start off with basic questions about your eduaction and work experience then they move to the competencies. Have each one prepared 3 examples for each although you may only be asked one. They also give you an overall insight into the definition of the competency asked before you answer. The definition is by garda standards so listen and this will help you. Water is allocated so take a sip think then answer.

The room will not go silent and it is fast but not unmanagable. Prepare well and you will be fine.

Waiting on results.
    Results will be 7 days from your interview some may take 8. So relax prepare and dont be put off by other peoples comments its different for everyone no one is out to get you they are actually there for your benefit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Alkar24 wrote: »
    Hi all i had my interview yesterday just wondering when do we hear back about the results. Also i could do that interview ten times and Still be the same i did prep course and it still doesn't prepare you for the fast paced inter view. My mouth went dry to . i hope i wasn't the only one who felt like this

what was your oom if you dont mind me asking?

• Advertisement

600s

Very well put for people who haven't had interview

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Trish587

Did anyone who did there interview this week ask when results mite be out? Totally slipped my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Trish587 wrote: »
    Did anyone who did there interview this week ask when results mite be out? Totally slipped my mind.

Interviews done in batches, each grouping over two weeks and you can be lucky enough to have results by end of the following week which would be next Friday but unfortunately in this group the first two days of interviews were postponed due to Ophelia and as yet haven't been rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Anyone been called for the medical yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spara83

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Anyone been called for the medical yet??

When did you do your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

spara83 wrote: »
    When did you do your interview?

Did mine the 20 September got the results on the 8th. I got an invite to the pct practice test but heard nothing about the medical yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AGS2017

I am in the 1000 plus category on my order of merit, and could do with some advice.
    -How likely am I to be interviewed this side of xmas?
    -How much notice do you generally get for the interview?
    -What is the earliest people from this campaign are likely to hit Templemore, early 2019?
    -Also, around the reference checking with your current employer I am a bit concerned that they could get a call and yet the actual entrance date to the college couple be over a year away after this.
    Do people not find this awkward to handle with current employers, I understand ex-employers being consulted but your current employer if you have a year plus in the place?
    If anyone can shed some light great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

AGS2017 wrote: »
    I am in the 1000 plus category on my order of merit, and could do with some advice.
    -How likely am I to be interviewed this side of xmas?
    -How much notice do you generally get for the interview?
    -What is the earliest people from this campaign are likely to hit Templemore, early 2019?
    -Also, around the reference checking with your current employer I am a bit concerned that they could get a call and yet the actual entrance date to the college couple be over a year away after this.
    Do people not find this awkward to handle with current employers, I understand ex-employers being consulted but your current employer if you have a year plus in the place?
    If anyone can shed some light great.

In order of questions

Dno
    Generally a months notice is given to give you them to prepare
    June 17 people will almost definitely be in the college in 18 maybe not early 18 though
    You are given the option to give or not give permission for current employers to be contacted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 AGS2017

Thank you for that Derek. Great to know about the one month notice period!

Thought it might have been two weeks.

Advertisement