Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2017 - Stage 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

Just wondering after you pass the interview is it a gauarntee you do the medical and physical or is there obstacles in the way .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Congrats to everyone who passed the interview, when are we supposed to receive our OOM'S

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Congrats to everyone who passed the interview, when are we supposed to receive our OOM'S

Probably not til after your batch of interviews are completed (which aren't yet) but the oom doesn't matter for while now anyway as you will have your medical and pct and vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Trish587

Weejohnny wrote: »
    Probably not til after your batch of interviews are completed (which aren't yet) but the oom doesn't matter for while now anyway as you will have your medical and pct and vetting.

Wonder how long it will be until the medical exam. It would be great to have it before xmas. Has anyone any idea how long it usually takes and how we hear about the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Finally I get a date for my interview . 29th of novomver 2:30? Does everyone get the same times? Also I don't have a link for form B , will just be sent to me In a different notification? Any tips are welcome for the interview really some advice

Kind regards Cian

• Advertisement

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Finally I get a date for my interview . 29th of novomver 2:30? Does everyone get the same times? Also I don't have a link for form B , will just be sent to me In a different notification? Any tips are welcome for the interview really some advice

Kind regards Cian

The link is on your interview notification, scroll past familiarisation and next paragraph click on Form B.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poshea48

Got my date for the 30th. Am I right in saying there was an Irish oral and written exam to come? And also was it difficult? Don't think Iv tried written or oral Irish since I have left secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Poshea48 wrote: »
    Got my date for the 30th. Am I right in saying there was an Irish oral and written exam to come? And also was it difficult? Don't think Iv tried written or oral Irish since I have left secondary school.

Think you only have an irish exam if you didnt meet the 2 languages requirement pal

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poshea48

Ah great stuff. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keeno1888

Anyone the number to get an update on vetting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

01 666 2571

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jerry1777

I presume passing your leaving irish is enough to be exempt from sitting the irish test?as in obviously you don't have to be fluent irish speaker?

jerry1777 wrote: »
    I presume passing your leaving irish is enough to be exempt from sitting the irish test?as in obviously you don't have to be fluent irish speaker?

There is no Irish test during the recruitment.

If you get to the college you still have to do introduction to Irish as a module.

I didn't do Irish for the leaving cert but I plan to learn if I get to Templemore. I believe it's conversional learn rather than your rubbish school l learning

Thanks very much i appreciate that being cleared up.was also wondering about the medical,I recently passed the interview and should be fine for the medical but I'm concerned about my BMI.i have a high BMI as I'm only 5,10 and weight 96kg.this puts me in the obese category but the weight is due to years of strength training for sport.i have a very high muscle mass ratio and low body fat.recently had a dexa scan done which is how i know this.although I am very fit cardicardiovascularly,I am a bit worried they actually might fail me on this.does anyone know if this could happen?

Also I should mention that what the BMI regards as a healthy BMI for someone my height is around 78kg.i physical cannot get to this weight.the best I could do is maybe get down to like 87kg but that leaving me at a high risk of becoming very I'll as my body fat percentage will be extremely low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

You just have to be 30 or below. You're at 30.3 now - using the first BMI calculator that came up on my phone. They give you three months to get it down. Think a BMI above 35 is where it's an automatic fail. Also not sure if there's a button on the scales for athletic builds. Someone else might be able to tell you that.

Well that's load off my mind.ill be able to get it down below 30 alright and if there is a button for athletic build that would really help,although I'm sure whoever is conducting the test will have common sense on that matter as it is.tyanks very much.

BMI in my eyes is a wrong way to define if you fail or pass in your case.

You sound like you are very fit and healthy and athletic.

The nurse/doctor in there should be able to differentiate between someone who is muscular and fit and just fat.

There is always a few people who think they are gym heads and "work out" and think they are fit well in fact they are just fat!

Don't let it stress you out. I'd have a lot of faint in the nurses seeing a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Hi guys,
    Any update on the people who had to get rescheduled over the storm? I had mine that Thursday. Got my results last Monday that I passed. I take it we’re waiting on OOM for them to do their interviews. Any info is greatly appreciated and congrats to those who also passed. OOM was low 400s.
    Cheers

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Any update on the people who had to get rescheduled over the storm? I had mine that Thursday. Got my results last Monday that I passed. I take it we’re waiting on OOM for them to do their interviews. Any info is greatly appreciated and congrats to those who also passed. OOM was low 400s.
    Cheers

Yeah, they've been rescheduled for next week.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I am enquiring about the Garda Trainee Form B application form. There is a few questions that it asked and I am unsure how to complete them.

Question 7 states to provide details of all family members from both parents side. I keep in full contact with my mother's side and only a few of my feathers side. He comes from a family of 14 children do I have to included them all ?

Also in Question 15 part C it asked have you ever been hospitalised ? What kind of information are they looking for here?

I hope you could help me out in answering these questions, as they are very bothering.

Kind regards ,

Cian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Ya I was in a similar enough situation. Before the interview you go through it with a civi. She told me I had to gather all the details and email it on. As far as I’m aware, it’s what the seargent and super look at during your meeting with them and will need to know the relatives. Not sure on the hospitalized question.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rivermansteve

Hi guys
    I am 1100 in the OOM after stage 2. Does anyone know what numbers are been called by now?
    Also been this high in the OOM realistically what are my chance of making the 800?

I’m 800’s my interview is on 29th? So I’m sure you’ll be called In December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Hi guys
    I am 1100 in the OOM after stage 2. Does anyone know what numbers are been called by now?
    Also been this high in the OOM realistically what are my chance of making the 800?

youd have to kick arse in the interview and hope there are a bunch of drop outs id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DeHorse88

Hi guys

I'm 716 and have my interview next Tuesday. Anyone know what I need to know for interview or what type of questions I'm likely to be asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    I'm 716 and have my interview next Tuesday. Anyone know what I need to know for interview or what type of questions I'm likely to be asked?

Questions on templemore tend to come up like what do you know about the course subjects etc

mrDerek wrote: »
    youd have to kick arse in the interview and hope there are a bunch of drop outs id imagine.

He has just as much a chance of getting in as anyone.

It's order of merit. Just means he might have a longer wait time. If he wants to become a Garda then he will stick at it and have patience.

Plenty of people have failed the early round on silly mistakes. People have failed the interview for saying the wrong thing but people come back and get to the college.

Or he could nail the interview and jump a ton of places.

I wasn't that low in the Oom but I breezed the medical and was the fittest by a mile in the PCT. Still playing the waiting game. We all have our strengths and weaknesses

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Hi guys

I'm early 1000's myself so i'm hoping to get the interview done before Xmas. It would be nice knowing if we pass going into the new year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

I had my interview today. Feeling pretty down about it as it didn’t go how I wanted. Found that the Garda inspector asked the competency straight forward. She asked about resilience and motivation to be a Garda. The two civil servants asked the rest and I felt like they really test you by cutting you off and asking you different areas of the competency.

Advertisement