Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've decided to STOP PAYING RENT, HELP........

Options
  • 28-08-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

So I signed a 11 month contract in a house share in June for a room, paid the deposit, months rent in advance etc. then a month later I paid the rent through direct debit no problem but this month gone I just cancelled the direct debit out of the blue and said to myself IL pay a few days late, as the days went on the landlord didn't contact so I left it off, it's now been 10 days and still no contact.

So my question is what can he do? whats the procedure etc. is it possible that he has forgotten about me since he has a lot of rooms let etc.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

liam650 wrote: »
    So I signed a 11 month contract in a house share in June for a room, paid the deposit, months rent in advance etc. then a month later I paid the rent through direct debit no problem but this month gone I just cancelled the direct debit out of the blue and said to myself IL pay a few days late, as the days went on the landlord didn't contact so I left it off, it's now been 10 days and still no contact.

So my question is what can he do? whats the procedure etc. is it possible that he has forgotten about me since he has a lot of rooms let etc.

Thanks for any advice

Why did you cancel the dd?

You will still owe the money so the sooner you sort it out the better.

All landlords require references these days .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Thanks for any advice

Pay your rent, why create stress needlessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,935 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

He hasn't forgotten. He'll be along with the correct legal paperwork to start evicting you soon enough.

But really if you've decided to STOP PAYING RENT then you should also JUST MOVE OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Here's some HELP. Pay your bills like a responsible adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,069 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

is it possible that he has forgotten about me since he has a lot of rooms let etc.
    No. He is probably seeking legal advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

Like I have the rent money but if I could get away without paying until end of May I would have over 2000 saved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Withholding rent is illegal. Thread closed.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement