Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EoinHef wrote: »
    Dont be too quick to dismantle legendary guns with the little forsaken symbol in the top left,those guns cant be taken from collection because the random perk rolls.

And really good perk rolls are not always easy to find.

I am actually using the same main guns that I got around midway tru the main game (pre DLC)

One is Legendary and the other is an Exotic, I shall recall their names later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If the show fits:P

Personally not a major meta player,if i like a gun and its getting the job done ill stick with it.

Its nice to have some guns with good rolls in the inventory for when things get sticky though.

The sleeper simulant is probably the only gun id say is a must have or whisper of the worm if ye can get through the mission for it. Both will help melt those bosses.

Main Gun Nameless Midnight which was 340 when I started(Forsaken), I have gotten 4 of that gun but none had explosive payload so i infused them into my main one (only 2 perks compared to others with 3). Its now 505 and my main weapon again.
    Secondary is Skyburners Oath Exotic, its lethal but I only have it at 459 now so experimenting until I get more cores.

Yep getting year two rolls can take time. Always good to check the perks even if the weapon is way below your current light

Trace rfiles are decent if your looking for a change from skyburners. Especially on PC

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finished the main campaign last night, was disappointed to see I didn't get much loot from it until I left the fireteam with my friends and then suddenly I was getting ships, Sparrows, Engrams and all the rest! :D Strange bug that it didn't reward anyone except the fireteam leader with the rewards...

I'm determined to get that Thunderlord gun that's been released now. Do those seasonal things go away? I'm at level 46 too, so I wanna make sure I'm at 50 when I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finished the main campaign last night, was disappointed to see I didn't get much loot from it until I left the fireteam with my friends and then suddenly I was getting ships, Sparrows, Engrams and all the rest! :D Strange bug that it didn't reward anyone except the fireteam leader with the rewards...

I'm determined to get that Thunderlord gun that's been released now. Do those seasonal things go away? I'm at level 46 too, so I wanna make sure I'm at 50 when I get it.

After the 27th you'll stillbe able to get it, just as a chance from an Exotic Engram. Up until then, the Master Ives quest is the guaranteed way to get it.

That leaves less than 2 weeks! :) One of my friends is dying to talk to me about Red Dead Redemption's ending, but that's all but forgotten since I started to play this. I told him last night that I'd switch back to RDR when I get to 50 and get that Thunderlord :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Thunderlord sounds like a firework that little baxtards let off over Halloween. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Thunderlord takes no time to get so 2 weeks is loads.

Cracking gun as well

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thunderlord quest, in full, could be done in 30 minutes or so I reckon, and the base light level is low. So its a quick and easy get.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, yea, I was surrounded by the fireworks - little bastards started on the first week of October and only blew up the last of them last week.

I'll horse into the quest at lunch so :D Fingers crossed I'll be dakka-dakka-zzap-zzap in no time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Thunderlord is a beast. Especially in gambit. Load up with heavy ammo invade the opposing team and rain hell on them.

"We did that Forsaken quest last night, you'll get through it in 10 minutes" says my friend at lunch. 45 minutes later I just about finished it and had to go back to work :D Still though, it's done and there's a shiny reward waiting for me. Now, if I pick it up at my current level (46), it will almost certainly be matched to that. But if I leave it there until I hit 50 (which hopefully I will tonight or tomorrow), will it match to 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"We did that Forsaken quest last night, you'll get through it in 10 minutes" says my friend at lunch. 45 minutes later I just about finished it and had to go back to work :D Still though, it's done and there's a shiny reward waiting for me. Now, if I pick it up at my current level (46), it will almost certainly be matched to that. But if I leave it there until I hit 50 (which hopefully I will tonight or tomorrow), will it match to 50?

I think the rewards are determined on the maximum level you can achieve when you earn that reward.

Ah, I misunderstood and thought it was the actual gun rather than a mission to go and find the gun. That's all good, I should be max level by the time it comes around.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think the rewards are determined on the maximum level you can achieve when you earn that reward.

depends on the reward.

If the engram goes into your inventory immediately it will be based on max level at the time of getting it.

If you have to collect the reward from a vendor, it will be based on your level at the time you collect it (not when it was earned).

IIRC the Thunderlord engram arrives after talking to Amanda, and goes into your inventory then. If Shiminay has not collected the engram from Amanda yet, then the level of the item has not been set, and won't be until they complete that step.

Ah feck, I collected the quest at lvl 45 :( Oh well, I can spend whatsits on it to level it up, yea? Or maybe I can rebuild it form the Collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have not played D2 in a while since completing Forsaken so dipped in for a hour earlier. Christ the gun play is excellent in this game....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Glebee wrote: »
    Have not played D2 in a while since completing Forsaken so dipped in for a hour earlier. Christ the gun play is excellent in this game....:D

this is probably the main reason for the success of the last two games

Thunderlord is awesome but it takes up my exotic spot, also quite easy to obtain. Probably the easiest I have gotten (think I have 14 weapon exotics)

I thought with forsaken we were getting the ability to equip more than one exotic? Its kinda stupid even pre DLC that you can especially with armour as there are 5 slots.

Due to the nature of the guns and armour, i dont see any valid reason to not allow someone to equip all exotics in the PVE game.

Why bother collect them ( i do religilously, they aree my Imperial Cutter, I may not use it but I want it) if you only get to use 1 :/

• Advertisement

I think Thunderlord was kinda a gimme,was tied to the halloween event and also came just after the patch that was supposed to make exotics easier to obtain after the drought that came with the release of forsaken

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thunderlord is awesome but it takes up my exotic spot, also quite easy to obtain. Probably the easiest I have gotten (think I have 14 weapon exotics)

I thought with forsaken we were getting the ability to equip more than one exotic? Its kinda stupid even pre DLC that you can especially with armour as there are 5 slots.

Due to the nature of the guns and armour, i dont see any valid reason to not allow someone to equip all exotics in the PVE game.

Why bother collect them ( i do religilously, they aree my Imperial Cutter, I may not use it but I want it) if you only get to use 1 :/

Never heard a rumour of being able to equip multiple exotics. You can equip 1 Exotic weapon and 1 Exotic Armour piece at the same time. Ever was it so.

They actually explained why it will never be likely to happen. It's to do with how each piece of gear is recorded as a number in relation to the gear slots: each piece of non Exotic gear = 1. Each piece of Exotic gear = 8 (IIRC). So a full Exotic loadout would = 64 (3 Weapons slots / 1 Ghost / 4 Armour). You then have to multiply that again depending on the activity and location.
    PvE: Fireteam of 3 = 64*3 --> with each open world instance capable of hosting 9 players total = 64*9. And if your in the Tower or The Farm thats what? 20 plaeys? so 64*20?
    Raids: Fireteam of 6 = 64*6
    PvP: Either 64*8 or 64*12

They said at those numbers, with everyone running a full Exotic loadout, all the extra perks to calculate, the extra shinyness of the exotics to to calculate, buffs and debuffs aplied to each piece, the code behind it got so cumbersome it failed.

Besides, one exotic armour and weapon is loads, depending what you need to do.

As it is Thunderlord is wrecking everything that gets in its way, we were burning strike bosses down in under 10 seconds last night, it's comically OP and I love it.

Thunderlord + Well of Radiance + Lunafaction boots = Become Thor/Zeus

All it's missing is the Immigrant song :)

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Besides, one exotic armour and weapon is loads, depending what you need to do.

As it is Thunderlord is wrecking everything that gets in its way, we were burning strike bosses down in under 10 seconds last night, it's comically OP and I love it.

Thunderlord + Well of Radiance + Lunafaction boots = Become Thor/Zeus

All it's missing is the Immigrant song THUNDERSTRUCK :)

FYP

FYP
    Either will work perfectly well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

...Was sitting on the max Glimmer for the last few days before I realised that, so now I have no excuse for not looking swank.

If you go the Spider you can buy resources (Alkane Dust, Simulation Seeds, and Datalattice (packs of 5) etc.) and stockpile them for infusing later. You can also buy Masterwork cores for 10, 20, 40 legendary shards.

When I get close to max glimmer or whenever I visit the spider I buy three Masterwork cores and spend my glimmer until it gets to around 35K. I never seem to have a problem having enough masterwork cores and yet I only ever have 6 or so stockpiles at any one time.

Got halfway through the Thunderlord quests at lunch, will be happy to finish it up after work and unleash all the dakka.

Got halfway through the Thunderlord quests at lunch, will be happy to finish it up after work and unleash all the dakka.
    The level Thunderlord drops at will be based on your power level (+10) when you complete the quest. talking to amanda after killing the boss will get you an exotic engram (which you bring to Rahul to decrypt) - the level of thunderlord is decided at the point you get the engram from Amanda.

Just keep that in mind with regards to your power level gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I did the final boss fight this morning, haven't picked it up yet. It wasn't difficult but wow the mobs were annoying.

• Advertisement

Sweet, I'm nearly at 50 now, so I should hit it before I finish up. Happy days.

Advertisement