Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 steve7791

forgot to say we are using the boards battlegrounds discord so if anyone needs a link give us a shout, plenty of lovely people on it for some games. think we hit 15 people there for the pc clan tis not going too bad so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I got this free with my 1080Ti, I should really give it a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

steve7791 wrote: »
    forgot to say we are using the boards battlegrounds discord so if anyone needs a link give us a shout, plenty of lovely people on it for some games. think we hit 15 people there for the pc clan tis not going too bad so far

Throw us a link please mate.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dcully wrote: »
    Throw us a link please mate.

Invite link here: https://discord.gg/wHCSAwH

• Registered Users Posts: 33 steve7791

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Anyone notice the game stuttering after the patch yesterday?

Edit: known issue it seems, bungie are working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

bugs wrote: »
    Anyone notice the game stuttering after the patch yesterday?

Edit: known issue it seems, bungie are working on it.

The worst I've had is 3 crashes in one night after the first patch. Last nights patch seems to have sorted the crashing out. Haven't had any stuttering.

Maybe try play in borderless window mode? It works well enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've seen it occasionally stutter, seems sound related but that included pre-patch and I've found restarting the game resolves it (I figure it's getting the audio system into a session-long degraded state somehow). As for crashing I had occasional crashes when running at a non-native res, they had a tech note on that stating that v-sync resolved it but for me it did not, since going back to native it's been rock solid (which is counter-intuitive since 4k is pushing that card a lot harder than 1440p). But at least they did fix the clan-roster bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Why does thr Blizzard app seem to take ages to download updates to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why does thr Blizzard app seem to take ages to download updates to the game?

So you can have a playstation-esque experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The worst I've had is 3 crashes in one night after the first patch. Last nights patch seems to have sorted the crashing out. Haven't had any stuttering.

Maybe try play in borderless window mode? It works well enough for me.

It was running perfectly before the patch. Bungie have acknowledged it's causing a stutter so hopefully they'll sort it soon enough. Still playable but a little annoying.

So - Trials starts tonight, what PC peeps are going to be giving it a go? Anyone here plan on streaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Is anoyone ready for raid? have 2 spots free

As above it all feels so empty.
    We all heard about lack of endgame, jaysus they werent wrong.
    Im power level 272 after 2-3 days playing,apparently i have to wait for weekly reset on tuesday before i acquire some more "powerful gear" to increase power level, meanwhile nothing to do unless i do it all again on another character :(

Warframe is a better game all round especially with the new plains of eidelon open world expansion.
    Its devs really listen to the community, no surprise to see it in the top 5 games on twitch and steam now.

If and when they add a meaningful endgame to D2 i will play a lot more.
    Everything else is in place, the game is crying out for more endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I bought in.... Got a cheap key on cd keys but only cos 4 of my mates are playing it. Kinda wish I hadn't bothered. PVE is dull. I hate all the weapons and pvp.... I could rant all day about pvp and the lag and hit detection I regularly drop dead a good second after getting behind cover.
    I've killed so many people by missing them completely... This might be triple A gaming for consoles but man it's a shocker for pc.

Equally however I can't get into Warframe. Played it a while but it doesn't gel with me much which is a shame but then I play solo and it feels a bit of a lonely experience.

Yeah pvp is **** to be fair but i knew that when watching D1 and D2 streams, its just console style halo bunnyhop crap.
    If i want to play pvp we have literally hundreds of games to choose from on PC.

I really like the pve though.

Warframe is tough to get into but once it clicks it clicks in a big way, best advice is have the wiki open in a browser at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And to think they made they PvE experience far less enjoyable and engaging in favour of having a balanced PvP experience. One they expect to become an e-sport. At least in D1 there was ways/means/exotics/builds that could make you feel like a wrecking machine deity.

They expect that tripe to be an e-sport?:eek:
    lol not a hope in hell.

They expect that tripe to be an e-sport?:eek:
    lol not a hope in hell.

i don't think they do.

They didn't put Private or Custom matches in the game.

They don't have fully dedicated servers.

The don't have ranked play.

They have things like in-air-accuracy nerfs to ensure players play gun fights on the ground in order to keep the skill ceiling from getting too high.

They have looked to make PvP more balanced, but they don't look to be aiming at MLG/ESports.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mswifter

Swiftlink#1926

• Advertisement

You know what else annoys me. No one uses a mic in this game it seems and I've met 2 ppl who have typed out of quite a lot of pvp at this stage. Literally no way to get across info to team mates.

Agreed, also the world is empty,rarely meet players out in the world.
    I know its not a full on mmo but as an mmo player of too many years im used to meeting hundreds of players out in the game world,while i dont expect hundreds in a game like this it just way too empty out there, more often than not i have to do public quests solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Not sure where I stand with Destiny 2. As someone new to the game(s) [never touched D1], I had heard a lot about it from colleagues who were itching for its release. I had played Warframe and the likes and do enjoy that type of game, so I pre-ordered it and got stuck in a few days ago when it was released.

The whole experience lasted about a day. I'm currently around 267-9 gear level and feel like there's no real point logging in. The story didn't take long to complete and there's so little to do once that is out of the way - a handful of strike-maps, a tougher strike with long-queues and/or reliance on forming your own group, a raid (to which I doubt I'll get to see as an unclanned player), and a bunch of post-story missions that took no time to complete. Yes, there's DLC on the way, things the consoles have had for a while, so I looked a bit deeper and the consensus seems to be that they're not really worth it // should have been added with the main game.

It's very polished, didn't encounter a single bug and it performs super well, even when recording full-screen on max at 2560x1440, but there's just so little to it. By the time I started feeling the above about D2, I was probably only level 5-10 in Warframe, which is FTP and has an obscene amount of stuff to do by comparison. I'll put it on the shelf and consider revisiting it for later, but thus far I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It's the type of experience I'd have paid 50% (or less) for as it stands, but again, as a non-fan/newcomer, I could be missing something. At least it gave me the inspiration to actually go back to Warframe and check that out, seeing as I burned myself out with that quite a while ago (they've added a lot of stuff since).

Not sure how to say this but here goes.

You are not the target market for the game.

Let me elaborate. The game is clearly focused at the casual player.

PvP:
    Do you see how little info there is on the screen or scoreboards about your teammates? This is purposefully done to negate toxicity.

At the end of the match, you're unable to "GG EZ" your opponents and conversely are unable to get "GG EZ"'ed if you happen to lose the match.

Xur:
    It is no mistake that he appears on a Friday and leaves the following Tuesday. Thus giving casual players a chance to visit Xur during the weekend.

Guided games:
    Roughly 2% of players have finished the Raid and iirc, 20% for nightfall. Therefore you now have guided games. For the casuals who want to play the Raid and nightfall but are unable to run with a regular group.

The guided games try to enforce a sense of social responsibility by making you acknowledge it.

Milestones:
    Notice how there are just enough milestones for 6 days of playing before the reset? For the casual you can login for a few hours, do a milestone then logoff.

Challenges:
    Soloable. For the casual who can login for a few hours on a single planet, do the challenges then logoff.

Lost sectors and adventures:
    There are plenty of them scattered across the planets and they're all soloable. Perfect for the casual player who can only dedicate a few hours a day to the game.

--

I am not saying you are at fault and have played the game incorrectly.

For better or worse RopeDrink, the game has not been designed around power players such as yourself.

I can understand your disappointment though. You are not alone in that millions of other people feel the same as you do. How this pans out over the long term is something we'll have to wait and see.

Do you see how little info there is on the screen or scoreboards about your teammates? This is purposefully done to negate toxicity

Many games have this, overwatch for one but that doesnt stop it being up there with the most toxic games one can play today.
    Xur:
    It is no mistake that he appears on a Friday and leaves the following Tuesday. Thus giving casual players a chance to visit Xur during the weekend.

Similar guy in Warframe only he appears every two weeks, warframe is far from a casual game.

Not that i disagree with you by the way i agree, just thought id point out the above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The base gunplay is great, the production values all around are very high, and if you take it as a single player FPS there's a decent enough amount of content - I'd say easily 20 hours between the main and side quests with some events done during the week. But as something that is trying to promote a long-term playerbase then yes it has failed. It's not even like it tapers off, you just hit a cliff that takes you from having a lot of fun to...meh...
    But then D1 was similar. I played it from release on the PS4 for a week or 2, then left it until last Xmas and had a fantastic time running through it again with all the extra DLC content, with that in place it was a truly great game. We're just back to square one with D2 and Bungie/Activition apparently learning nothing from that experience and once again releasing the game before it had enough content to support it's intended playerbase and longevity plans.
    Now it's also a testament to how much fun the base game is that our worst complaint is there isn't enough of it, a pity it's also a testament to poor planning on the publisher's side, stopping it from being truly great.

PvP - it's not bad but nothing special and very sparse on game modes and depth. It's also very easy, I played 2 crucible matches so far, 1st on my (losing) team on the first game and first place on the 2nd, while I once was a good PvP'er I'm now older and slower and that should not happen.

PvP:
    Do you see how little info there is on the screen or scoreboards about your teammates? This is purposefully done to negate toxicity.

At the end of the match, you're unable to "GG EZ" your opponents and conversely are unable to get "GG EZ"'ed if you happen to lose the match.

Every round shows who is leading in kills etc. Easy to see who is being the anchor in a team. As much as I often hate it gg ez is all part of the fun :)

Having said that I don't know if there's any point anyway because no one communicates anyway. I'm confused why they have a 'competitive' game mode for PVP when it's anything but. May as well just have pvp and lump all the variants into it.

Agreed, also the world is empty,rarely meet players out in the world.
    I know its not a full on mmo but as an mmo player of too many years im used to meeting hundreds of players out in the game world,while i dont expect hundreds in a game like this it just way too empty out there, more often than not i have to do public quests solo.

Loaded back into Warframe and enjoyed my time. I need one last piece to get an archwing and I think what has put me off in the past is trying to grind for that piece (neurode). I suppose I could just buy it but I got one in a drop last night and just need to get another. I think I might have been looking in the wrong place in the past which means I should read the wiki and not random websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I wouldnt spend money on resources in warframe,do a few missions on earth,you'll get a neurode eventually. Iirc the dark sector defence on earth is the best for them.

Having said that I don't know if there's any point anyway because no one communicates anyway. I'm confused why they have a 'competitive' game mode for PVP when it's anything but. May as well just have pvp and lump all the variants into it.
    This is what annoys me about destiny. Loads of half measures and steps.

The move to 4vs4, the change to gun balancing - both seem like they were aiming to hit the esport area that they nudged a little (a very little) in D1. But then we get no actual ranking, no dedicated servers and no private matches - which indicates they've zero interest in making it an esport.

Gane has loads of things like that imo - decent ideas that weren't followed through with and we've ended up with this weird monster of a game that doesn't know what it is at its core.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't understand the lack of any sort of clan chat. Makes absolutely zero sense to me. I've literally not heard a single person talk, or even type messages, in the 15 or so hours i put in.

It could be single player game with NPC's for all i know.

Advertisement