Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deceased Father: want to change contract

Options
  • 28-08-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello Eir 

I hope you can help me as I'm been totally frustrated by your customer service.
    I contacted customer services a few weeks ago to explain that my dear father had just passed away. I explained that I wanted to retain the phone line rental as this was required for a monitored house alarm, but that I wanted to cancel my Dads efibre broadband as the house was now empty. I was then transferred to another department and explained the situation again. This representative tried to interest me in a lesser package but I explained politely that as my father was deceased a cheaper broadband package was not really what I was contacting Eir about. Eventually the penny dropped and after offering his condolences he took my details and I was told that my request would be carried out. i.e. the broadband would be cancelled but as requested  landline rental would remain. Great another task struck off the list. However when I called into my Dad's house last week I found  a letter from Eir re my Dad's  updated account, the details are set out below
    One off charges :69.99 euro
    Monthly recurring Charges :55 euro
    Fixed BB Package :eir Fibre

I contacted customer services again on Saturday morning and again politely explained the situation, the rep put me through to the cancellation department but surprisingly that was closed. I again contacted customer services again today and after been plaeced on hold for 25 minutes I had to hang up.

My experiences  with eir have been in stark contrast to Sky Ireland whom I contacted to cancel my Dads account I have to say they were an absolute pleasure to deal with and after just one short phone call  the account was closed .

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I am now really at my wits end, I just want this sorted.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

sonyboy wrote: »
    Hello Eir 

I contacted customer services a few weeks ago to explain that my dear father had just passed away. I explained that I wanted to retain the phone line rental as this was required for a monitored house alarm, but that I wanted to cancel my Dads efibre broadband as the house was now empty. I was then transferred to another department and explained the situation again. This representative tried to interest me in a lesser package but I explained politely that as my father was deceased a cheaper broadband package was not really what I was contacting Eir about. Eventually the penny dropped and after offering his condolences he took my details and I was told that my request would be carried out. i.e. the broadband would be cancelled but as requested  landline rental would remain. Great another task struck off the list. However when I called into my Dad's house last week I found  a letter from Eir re my Dad's  updated account, the details are set out below

I contacted customer services again on Saturday morning and again politely explained the situation, the rep put me through to the cancellation department but surprisingly that was closed. I again contacted customer services again today and after been plaeced on hold for 25 minutes I had to hang up.

My experiences  with eir have been in stark contrast to Sky Ireland whom I contacted to cancel my Dads account I have to say they were an absolute pleasure to deal with and after just one short phone call  the account was closed .

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I am now really at my wits end, I just want this sorted.
    Thanks
    Hi sonyboy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your Father. 

I'm afraid I'd be unable to cancel the broadband from the account from here, however, if you PM me the account number and the full name on the account I'll have a look into the bill for you and check if there is a cancellation order for the broadband in progress for you. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hello Eir 

Thanks
    Hi sonyboy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your Father. 

I'm afraid I'd be unable to cancel the broadband from the account from here, however, if you PM me the account number and the full name on the account I'll have a look into the bill for you and check if there is a cancellation order for the broadband in progress for you. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,
    Much appreciated PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hello Eir 

Thanks
    Hi sonyboy,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,
    Much appreciated PM sent
    I will respond to your PM shortly. 

-Adam

Advertisement