Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of indemnity for work

Options
  • 28-08-2017 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I've started working as a nurse in the community for a private charity and changed my insurance to cover this and paid 25 euro extra.
    I also need a letter of indemnity for my employer. I'm insured with Aviva through broker AA but they (AA) can't do it for me. I even tried trying Aviva directly but they said I would have to go through AA. Several colleagues at work have letters of indemnity from Aviva and had no problems getting same.
    Every time I ring AA I get different answers.
    Today, they say they could do it if I worked for the HSE but not a private company.
    If I change insurance to somebody else I will be charged 50 euro cancellation fee plus 24.98 legal expenses fee.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Its a very simple amendment.

Call AA again and ask to speak to someone in charge / a team leader. All they have to do is send an email and the letter will either be emailed or arrive in the post a few days later. It's a simple one liner, so I don't see the problem. The likelihood is they haven't a clue what you are asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Thank you very much.

That worked straight away, should have asked for a team leader earlier, the only way to go.

Advertisement