Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is like living in citywest

Options
  • 28-08-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, Currently looking at apartment in citywest, for example in fortunes lawn. Anybody knows about that area and suggestions comments are highly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

YUYAXUAN wrote: »
    Hi, Currently looking at apartment in citywest, for example in fortunes lawn. Anybody knows about that area and suggestions comments are highly appreciated, thanks!

The area on this side of the shopping center is grand. However the closer you get to Brookview, Brookfield, Jobstown etc the dodgier it gets.
    Especially if you have kids I d be careful.

I have relatives living in Jobstown and it's a total kip (full of skangers).

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I lived in saggart for a while and for the most part citywest is fine. The area where you mention is grand. I just found citywest to be a bit sprawling and not very town-like, as in no sense of community, which is why I preferred saggart. Just be careful with the estates to the east of the shopping centre though. Citywest campus luas stop was a hotbed for mobile phone muggings when I was there but you would be using the fortunestown stop which is relatively fine. Also avoid Brookview, Ard Mhor, McUilliam estates like the plague.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I live in Fortunes Lawn apartments 3 years now. There fine, spacious apartments, never any trouble I've noticed anyways. Shopping Centre in close proximity so handy for shopping. Kids do hang around it, again never witnessed any serious anti social behaviour.
    Visitor parking spaces not that easy to get (first come basis) but every apartment has it's own space.

Area is fine, I work in the business park so it's handy for me. Not much in Citywest itself but Saggart is a nice Village (15-20 minute walk away approx from Shopping Centre) with Citywest hotel, bar, restaurants etc.

Advertisement