Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private Ambulances

• 29-08-2017 5:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi a good few of the private ambulances are looking for EMT's just wondering does any one have any idea what the standard rate of pay per hour is?

Most seem to be regularly recruiting EMT's is that due workload or massive dropout rate?

Just wondering about people's experience working for them.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Hi a good few of the private ambulances are looking for EMT's just wondering does any one have any idea what the standard rate of pay per hour is?

Most seem to be regularly recruiting EMT's is that due workload or massive dropout rate?

Just wondering about people's experience working for them.

Thanks!

Just my observation but the pay and general conditions tend not to be great from what I've heard and seen. Medilink pay 11.50/ hour. I dont know what lifeline pay but i know alot of the work is casual and have heard alot of notice isnt always given.

Shifts tend to be long and can be delayed fairly regularly if a call comes in near your finishing time, you'll be sent!

Medicall seem to be the best but are quite hard to get into. I cant commenr on any if the smaller ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Thanks a million for the reply. I'm based in the northwest and Murray were looking for EMT's so trying to find out as much as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the reply. I'm based in the northwest and Murray were looking for EMT's so trying to find out as much as I can.

No problem

I know Medicall are constantly looking for staff over that direction. I'd get on to them

Advertisement