Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu insurance

Options
  • 29-08-2017 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Recently bought SuperValu Insurance for my car. Filled out all details including the Direct Debit mandate. I then received a hefty looking envelope from a company called Close Brothers Premium Finance from England. Now I'm a cynic at he best of times and because I got no heads up from SuperValu about this company I ignored it as you would. So was waiting on my first install to come out of my bank and lo and behold it's Close Brothers Premium Finance. Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

What's the issue?

If you pay monthly most insurance companies arrange the credit via a third party ( they are in the insurance business not the banking business). This I am sure is covered in their terms and conditions.

They should have mentioned in the call (if there was a call? Or did you do on line?) and perhaps they did and you missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tullasteve

The issue is, it was never mentioned on phone. Got my paperwork including DD MANDATE back which I filled out and sent in. Then a second set of mandate forms for these people which I didn't fill out. But they managed to debit my account under the Label Close Brothers anyway. I know they are a legit company. But I never signed any agreement with them nor was I informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Not all insurers have direct debit facilities. A lot of brokers use close brothers as an alternative.
    I'm not sure if it's necessary for them to specify what manner they are using for the actual direct debit/credit facility other than the APR and terms of the repayment. But you can probably check the necessity of informing you with the ombudsman.

You have a cooling off period if you are not happy with the t&cs of the insurance or the credit agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Most brokers use close premium finance for their DD function.

It will have been in the quote docs.

Not a big deal tbh, Supervalu are just a tied agent so would not have the capacity for running a finance side their insurance customers.

Advertisement