Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge money into someone's account

Options
  • 29-08-2017 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I need to lodge money into a BOI customer's account but I'm with AIB. Can I go into the branch and lodge it if I have their account details? I know this used to be possible, just making sure that it still is. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I need to lodge money into a BOI customer's account but I'm with AIB. Can I go into the branch and lodge it if I have their account details? I know this used to be possible, just making sure that it still is. 

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

You can lodge a cheque or cash directly into an account in a Bank of Ireland branch once you have the account number and sort code of the account that you would like to lodge into. You should also be able to make a transfer directly from your AIB account to the Bank of Ireland account.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us here.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cathalachs

I was told if you lodge over 10,000 to someone's account it has to be reported to welfare or revenue?

Just wondering is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Cathalachs,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We have details on Common Reporting Standard here which goes into this in detail.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement