Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posting a bike frame

Options
  • 29-08-2017 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,

Anyone have any suggestions on best postal service to use to send a frame and forks to england and back?

m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

had a frame shipped from UK for £18 parcelforce, which seemed reasonable, can't help on other direction

• Registered Users Posts: 17 boomwater

Thanks Thud,

Yep, been to them but they don't pick up in ireland they told me

m

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Thud wrote: »
    had a frame shipped from UK for £18 parcelforce, which seemed reasonable, can't help on other direction

That's great value.

I presume it was boxed up - if so what was the overall size of the box.

I've been getting quotes from Parcel2Go for approx £60 for a frame packed in a cut down cardboard bike box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

mp31 wrote: »
    That's great value.

I presume it was boxed up - if so what was the overall size of the box.

I've been getting quotes from Parcel2Go for approx £60 for a frame packed in a cut down cardboard bike box.

it was smaller than a full sized bike box, uninsured though.....and seller may have had an account with them

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

Have sent and received quite a few frames, no matter what way you go, expect to pay between 40 and fifty euro. Never found anything cheaper. Unless u know someone in Northern Ireland who could send it for you and get it shipped back to them, I also did that in the past too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 boomwater

Thanks all

Advertisement