Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor for Hand Pain

Options
  • 29-08-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I've been having a hand pain for about a week now. Its the side of the pinky finger in my right hand. Google says it could be an ulnar nerve compression or could also be that I injured the tendons in my wrist. I have called the Hand Clinic in Blackrock for a consultation and they are charging 200 so anyone knows of another hand clinic/ doctor I could go to with less charge. I don't think mine is severe as the only issue is pain when I'm trying to make a fist and anything other thing involving my ring and pinky (e.g. typing). No other symptoms I have. By the way, I'm an expat and don't have a GP yet but the Hand Clinic scheduled me so thinking that this could be the reason for the high charge? Would appreciate anyone's thought. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Slap a bit of Deep Heat on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cessee

Slap a bit of Deep Heat on it.

Thank you, will do that. Just quite surprised that i cant find some more hand pain doctors in town so popped the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

You're being charged to see the consultant that's why it's 200 euro. If it's not severe then I'd wait until you have a GP sorted and go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cessee wrote: »
    Hi, I've been having a hand pain for about a week now. Its the side of the pinky finger in my right hand. Google says it could be an ulnar nerve compression or could also be that I injured the tendons in my wrist. I have called the Hand Clinic in Blackrock for a consultation and they are charging 200 so anyone knows of another hand clinic/ doctor I could go to with less charge. I don't think mine is severe as the only issue is pain when I'm trying to make a fist and anything other thing involving my ring and pinky (e.g. typing). No other symptoms I have. By the way, I'm an expat and don't have a GP yet but the Hand Clinic scheduled me so thinking that this could be the reason for the high charge? Would appreciate anyone's thought. Cheers

Some physio's deal with hand pain, have you looked into a physiotherapist?, will def be cheaper and in my experience, more likely to find a cure and usually shorter waiting time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cessee

Bredabe wrote: »
    Some physio's deal with hand pain, have you looked into a physiotherapist?, will def be cheaper and in my experience, more likely to find a cure and usually shorter waiting time.

Thanks a mil! Very much helpful. Have tried looking online for a physio and they do deal with nerve compressions kind of issues. Also got a schedule today so this is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cessee wrote: »
    Thanks a mil! Very much helpful. Have tried looking online for a physio and they do deal with nerve compressions kind of issues. Also got a schedule today so this is great.
    No problem, I hope it works out for you. Im very prone to shoulder and hand issues, now I just bypass the Dr and go to Physio, they usually sort it in a session or two. You maybe able to claim those sessions on your med1's or health insurance.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement