Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike tyres and tubes

Options
  • 29-08-2017 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I have a Triban 500 from Decathlon that originally had 25c tyres but I got 28c tyres put on. I went to change the tyres at the weekend and had problems doing so.

What size of tubes should I use, 25c or 28c. I about I'm not sure if there is enough space for the 28c tube.

I don't know if the tubes have to be the same size as the tyre or whether they can/should be smaller.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Your tubes that came with the bike should be fine. If not bring your new tyres to a bike shop and ask for tubes to fit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

veganrun wrote: »
    I went to change the tyres at the weekend and had problems doing so.
    because of the tubes? or was the tyre difficult to remove/reseat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

It was hard getting the tyre on and the tube inflated to the right pressure. Made me wonder if 28c tubes were too big.

Advertisement