Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for stylish but practical laptop bag

• 29-08-2017 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently got a new 13-inch laptop, and I'm looking for a nice bag to carry it round in. Ideally it would be something relatively slimline, but still with some room to carry the charger, a purse, pens etc. easily. I got a nice sleeve with a long handle initially, but when the laptop is in it you can't really fit anything else, and I'm trying to see whether I can have a laptop bag that will also carry my other bits and pieces without looking too bulky.

I'd probably be looking for something that I can wear cross-body, but suggestions for nice totes etc. are also welcome! I don't think I'd like a briefcase-style one, with only handles and no longer strap.

Any recommendations are very welcome! I'm based in the UK though could access Irish places if there were recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Honestly, have a look through amazon- you'll find plenty of inspiration there. I'd also recommend looking at a few "what's in my bag" videos on Youtube to get ideas of what other folks are using. They usually post links to the bags aswell as all the gear in the description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Honestly, have a look through amazon- you'll find plenty of inspiration there. I'd also recommend looking at a few "what's in my bag" videos on Youtube to get ideas of what other folks are using. They usually post links to the bags aswell as all the gear in the description.

I have started doing that, but honestly it can be hard to tell how much additional stuff you can fit into many of those bags, hence why I was looking for recommendations, and to hear what other people use to tote their laptop around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Try KNOMO

Try KNOMO

Thank you for this rec - they have some lovely things, but a bit out of my price range unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have this Kate Spade leather laptop bag. Just enough room for my ultrabook, notepad, charger and some paper.

I actually like the fact that it's slim as it forces me to stay light

m_56098141f09282e401015645.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Got this on amazon:

41nNXKasKWL.jpg

Really pleased with it. Reasonably priced, but looks good. Slim, but fits laptop, charger and the odd file or 2.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CCGPW3A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions. Dudara I love your Kate Spade bag, though I might have to save a bit first before splashing out!

Thankfully your suggestions, including Amazon links, have given me ideas and other suggested items. I'm now trying to decide between a few: this one inspired by juke, this one in the dark brown, and this one, which doesn't have the cross-body strap but the handles look very long, plus I love the colours and the lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Also, check out TK Maxx. Their stock is variable but you might something suitable in there

Advertisement