Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bekele announced for Berlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pgarr

Awesome!

I've been reading Two Hours and it's said in the book that often when there are multiple people shooting for a record it doesn't happen due to the nature of racing. There will be more ebbs and flows with those you are competing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

pgarr wrote: »
    Awesome!

I've been reading Two Hours and it's said in the book that often when there are multiple people shooting for a record it doesn't happen due to the nature of racing. There will be more ebbs and flows with those you are competing with.

Yeah, that's true but I think(hoping) this might actually take a World Record to win. This for no reason other than if Bekele is in the mix once the pacers drop off at 30k, I think Kipchoge won't be willing to let the pace drop off and open the door to a possible tight sprint finish with him, both can finish unbelievably quick as they did on their way to their close shaves of the WR above. Kipchoge is a serious kicker but his biggest edge on Bekele may be his strength.

All 3 of them want the record almost above anything else in running and the flipside of having those 3 guys running is that may have someone to race against and push each other to the World Record much like Bekele/Kipsang last year when they nearly did break it.

Either way, I'm on the Hype train as always when Bekele races as anything is possible and with Kipsang and Kipchoge running as well, we finally get to see the shootout we've all being waiting for whether they get the record or not. Can't wait:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

El Caballo wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true but I think(hoping) this might actually take a World Record to win. This for no reason other than if Bekele is in the mix once the pacers drop off at 30k, I think Kipchoge won't be willing to let the pace drop off and open the door to a possible tight sprint finish with him, both can finish unbelievably quick as they did on their way to their close shaves of the WR above. Kipchoge is a serious kicker but his biggest edge on Bekele may be his strength.

All 3 of them want the record almost above anything else in running and the flipside of having those 3 guys running is that may have someone to race against and push each other to the World Record much like Bekele/Kipsang last year when they nearly did break it.

Either way, I'm on the Hype train as always when Bekele races as anything is possible and with Kipsang and Kipchoge running as well, we finally get to see the shootout we've all being waiting for whether they get the record or not. Can't wait:D

Will eurosport show it?

Advertisement