If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Bracket for Samsung UE55KS7000

Options
  • 29-08-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi John & Co.,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a wall bracket to mount my 55" KS7000 I bought from you last November. 

I've looked at a few on your site but was hoping you could advise a suitable one. I could probably get away with a basic flat one but having a tilt option of a few degrees might be useful if I mount it slightly above eye level. I've no need for a full articulating bracket. 

I'd like the bracket to be as close to the wall as possible as the side of the tv will be visible by people entering the room but also would like the bracket to allow enough room behind for the cables coming out of the TV (power, ethernet, One Connect) and and possibly have the one connect box attached to the back of the TV (as the one connect cable would not be long enough to reach where I plan to run cables from through the wall).

Looking for your best boardsie price as always :)

Regards,
    Fran

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

fran426ft wrote: »
    Hi John & Co.,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a wall bracket to mount my 55" KS7000 I bought from you last November. 

I've looked at a few on your site but was hoping you could advise a suitable one. I could probably get away with a basic flat one but having a tilt option of a few degrees might be useful if I mount it slightly above eye level. I've no need for a full articulating bracket. 

I'd like the bracket to be as close to the wall as possible as the side of the tv will be visible by people entering the room but also would like the bracket to allow enough room behind for the cables coming out of the TV (power, ethernet, One Connect) and and possibly have the one connect box attached to the back of the TV (as the one connect cable would not be long enough to reach where I plan to run cables from through the wall).

Looking for your best boardsie price as always :)

Regards,
    Fran
    Hi Fran.

Thanks for the post.

There are a few that might suit your needs.

The Sanus VLT16 priced at £79.00 - I could offer at £60 (Only 1 left)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200327-vlt16.aspx

Next is the NEW Sanus range.
    Sanus BMT1 priced at £99.00 - I could offer at £79.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202733-bmt1-b1.aspx

I not used the NEW range yet but we used to have our 55KS7000 mounted flat on a Sanus flat bracket and it had enough room to hide the one connect box behind it but still remain fairly close to the wall.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Thanks Kenny I was considering the VLT16 (which is €59.99 on your website) but wasn't sure if it would fit the one connect behind as it as Sanus call it a "super slim" bracket.

I think the KS7000 had some spacers in the box for when it's being attached to a wall mount. I'll have to have another look this evening and also see if them and the curve on the back of the TV might help. I suppose I could always buy some spacers if there wasn't enough room for the one connect.

The BMT1 you linked is says it's for up to 50" and also is listed at £79.95/€89.99 not £99 :)

Fran

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Fran,

thanks for the post and you are dead right on teh Euro prices - the guys should have checked for you.

Lots of our prices are significantly less expensive in euro and its always worth checking both price on the website - at the moment of course you are probably generally better to select sterling as a default - but A L W A Y S check both prices as for instance generally Sanus is cheaper in Euro on our website - and of course you can elect to pay in either currency on our website.

The VLT16 is probably the most cost effective bracket for you at just €59.99 including shipping ( its also £79 :eek:) but we are really low on stock on that model:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200327-vlt16.aspx

If you wanted a bit more space behind the TV then the VLT25 is excellent at £99 / €114:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201160-lt25.aspx

Hope that assists and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John,

I think I'll pick up the VLT16 and give it a go. 

I had a look at the TV again last night and dug out the Samsung spacers. Due to the back getting thinner at the top there would be space between the spacer and bracket to fit the one connect if needed. 

Do you know if the bracket come with screws that will fit my TV or will I have to order some separately? In the Samsung manual supplied with the TV it showed M8 screws with a length range of 43-45mm (I think) for spacer and thread in TV. The full length required will depend on bracket thickness/washers etc. I'm guessing 50mm long with some extra washers to might be needed.

Some of your brackets have a note on the product pages stating "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please note, if you have a Samsung K-Series TV you may require a set of dedicated bolts for fitment. Please ask in-store or contact our Customer Service team on 0333 900 0094 for details.[/font]" While this note wasn't on the VLT16 page I just wanted to ask.

Once I'm clear on bolting I will put the order through on your site.

Regards,
    Fran

Thanks John,

I think I'll pick up the VLT16 and give it a go. 

I had a look at the TV again last night and dug out the Samsung spacers. Due to the back getting thinner at the top there would be space between the spacer and bracket to fit the one connect if needed. 

Do you know if the bracket come with screws that will fit my TV or will I have to order some separately? In the Samsung manual supplied with the TV it showed M8 screws with a length range of 43-45mm (I think) for spacer and thread in TV. The full length required will depend on bracket thickness/washers etc. I'm guessing 50mm long with some extra washers to might be needed.

Some of your brackets have a note on the product pages stating "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please note, if you have a Samsung K-Series TV you may require a set of dedicated bolts for fitment. Please ask in-store or contact our Customer Service team on 0333 900 0094 for details.[/font]" While this note wasn't on the VLT16 page I just wanted to ask.

Once I'm clear on bolting I will put the order through on your site.

Regards,
    Fran
    hmmm - TBH I'm not 100% sure - generally the Sanus kits when recommended for a particular TV come with everything - however I can order up a Sanus Samsung service pack for you at no extra cost ( it may take a couple of extra days :o) to be sure!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks again John. That would be great. If I place an order through your site can you arrange that? or do you want to move to PM?

Regards,
    Francis 

Thanks again John. That would be great. If I place an order through your site can you arrange that? or do you want to move to PM?

Regards,
    Francis 
    Hi again Francis,

no just order away and we will get that sorted for you - just pop me an email with your own details when you have popped the order thru and I'll get that kit sent out to you..

Thanks again - appreciate the biz!

:)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Order placed and PM Sent

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Order placed and PM Sent
    Cheers Fran426ft.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.