Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out this saturday 2nd of September

Options
  • 29-08-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm moving out this saturday, I know to supply a meter reading online that day. I was wondering, for closing my account, why there's no option for "online billing" on the "moving out" online form? I don't want to receive a paper bill and I am signed up with online billing so why is there no option for this?

Also, if I cancel my Direct Debit now, how can I pay my final bill when I receive it? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi afriendlyshark,

Thank you for getting in touch.

On the account closure section of the "Moving out" form, completion of the "Forwarding address" part does not affect a customer's Online Billing. A correspondence address is required for all customers, the system does not differentiate between whether they receive their bills by post or online.

The forwarding address will display on the PDF of an Online Billing customer's final bill (and will state underneath the details of the property it relates to).

Payment options for your final bill are listed here on the Electric Ireland website. Ensure to cancel your direct debit ASAP in order to prevent the direct debit instruction being sent to the bank. If you are a customer with Electric Ireland for less than 14 months, the €300 security deposit for not paying by direct debit may be applied to your account, however once you close your account, this charge will be removed. Any correspondence relating to it can be disregarded (if correspondence issues after the account is closed, it will just be due to a crossover).

If you like, you can leave your direct debit active to pay your closing bill - it will be collected as standard two weeks from its date of issue. Nothing further will be collected by direct debit after your final bill, as your Electric Ireland account will be closed.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement