Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valet service not supplied - refusing refund

• 29-08-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

So:

My girlfriend as a gift decided to get me a Car Valet from a local cleaning company. They advertise mobile units that come to your home, office etc.

After the online purchase of the Valet on their website, they get in touch and say that they cant do the mobile unit but will organise to do it at their main location (only 10 mins away).

They say they will organise someone to collect it and drop it back after (she had had seen some comments on facebook about them doing this). They will call at some point over 2 days to organise a time.

They never call. My girlfriend asks for a refund as they didnt supply the service and we go elsewhere.

Now they have come back and are claiming that the all purchases on the website are gift vouchers and they do not need to refund it. Funnily enough, the words 'gift voucher' dont appear once on the site.

The way I see it, they advertised a service that they could not supply and then reneged on an agreed alternative.

What steps can I take from here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Small claims court?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Get her to call here debit/credit card company and do a charge back, lifes too short to be calling a company for the rest of your days.

Advertisement