Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very high Upstream line attenuation

Options
  • 29-08-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

hi
    i have eir fiber and am situated about 1km from my cabinet - my download speed is acceptable but my upload speed seem quite low considering the distance - on checking my router the upstream line attenuation is very high at about 60db while the downstream is at a resonable enough 21db.

is there some kind of problem with my line affecting my upload speeds?

thanks
    ft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

hi
    i have eir fiber and am situated about 1km from my cabinet - my download speed is acceptable but my upload speed seem quite low considering the distance - on checking my router the upstream line attenuation is very high at about 60db while the downstream is at a resonable enough 21db.

is there some kind of problem with my line affecting my upload speeds?

thanks
    ft
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your upload speeds on your broadband. I'm afraid I'd be unable to test your line for a fault from here. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to check on this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement