Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mae Young Classic *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

From in-ring standpoint, I thought MYC was pretty underwhelming. I will look forward to potentially Sane vs. Moon at NXT Houston though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

JR didn't seem on the ball again. Needed Lita to point out to him that Baszler was working the elbow rather than the "solar plexus" and I could have swore he genuinely referred to Asuka and co as fans at ringside.

The right person won anyway in what I felt was a surprisingly weak match to cap off a tournament that peaked in the first round. Was expecting more of a beatdown of Kairi......only for the match to come across as possibly her easiest of the tournament FFS!! :D

Hearing the commentary list Kairi's journey to the finals just makes you realise she really was the MVP here. Hopefully she pushes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah he did refer to Asuka, Becky, Charlotte and Bayley as fans. Didn't sound like he was joking either. Then he said Marina Shafir was with Ronda and Jessamyn Duke when she wasn't there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

HHH has confirmed now that as a result of winning the tournement, Kairi will compete for the NXT Women's title at the next Takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did seem a bit short for such a match.

I just wanted to see Kairi lifting the trophy. :)

She had a close call with her top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Haven't watched wrestling in about 7 years but signed up to the network to relive some classics and ended up watching this almost straight through. Really enjoyed it, had a touch of old skool wrestling to it, 90% in the ring, no weapons, no gimmicky looking moves. Think Piper Nivin vs Toni Storm was my favourite. Just for that exchange at the start. Did like how they told the story with the ribs in the main event and using them to escape from the rear naked choke. (Sidenote: I did laugh at the idea of a rear naked choke as a finisher, it's like something I would have done playing those old Smackdown games when you make a wrestler and give them the least expected finishing move to annoy your mates).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

still must watch the final at some point. my card expired so my account has been locked and havent gone to the effort of unlocking due to watching CL football the last 2 nights
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    Haven't watched wrestling in about 7 years but signed up to the network to relive some classics and ended up watching this almost straight through. Really enjoyed it, had a touch of old skool wrestling to it, 90% in the ring, no weapons, no gimmicky looking moves. Think Piper Nivin vs Toni Storm was my favourite. Just for that exchange at the start. Did like how they told the story with the ribs in the main event and using them to escape from the rear naked choke. (Sidenote: I did laugh at the idea of a rear naked choke as a finisher, it's like something I would have done playing those old Smackdown games when you make a wrestler and give them the least expected finishing move to annoy your mates).

if you enjoyed it for the story it told and with the network i advice go watch all the nxt takeovers from the last 3 years starting at NXT takerover brooklynn 1 sasha banks vs baley at that, which got me hooked on nxt, and the following one where it was a main event iron women match are a must. also all matches including #diy and the revival are top notch story telling in fights and nakamura vs sami zayn

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I liked the final but it's clear Jr's best days are now long in the past.

Also that referee that seems incapable of passing messages to the wrestlers with it being blatantly obvious is still bugging me. I mean I get it that the refs tell the wrestlers things but it's never obvious. This ref at one point said in the final match "KICK OUT" so loud it took me right out of the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Just got through watching this,decent show,is Stephanie pregnant?

With the Bracketology airing last night, I figured I would resurrect this thread.

I wouldn't recognise Kaitlyn.
    They actually said Madison Rayne (now Ashley Rayne) was a former Knockouts Champion. And images from Impact.

I don't know if they'll have another Japanese winner this year. Maybe in the final though.

I haven't read the results, but have all matches except the final taken place?

And did they air the introduction show? I saw clips during the bracketology, but don't remember seeing the actual show.
    Would google it but don't want to risk the results being returned.

• Advertisement

Just watched the opening match of this years tournament which was tegan nox vs Zatara and Michael Cole without Vince and Kevin Dunn in his ear is so much better as a commentator it's unreal. You can see Beth Phoenix is more comfortable on commentary after her MMC stint. And renee young(given this was taped before her raw debut. Which may have helped her on raw) is fine.

Had to laugh at the ref for the Rhea Ripley match. What was she looking for when she checked the boots and wrist straps. If it was weapons, then how could she miss the metal studs on Rhea's wrists?

From watching the bracketology last week it's obvious enough who will win some of the matches, since not everyone got coverage.

Rayne and others appeared on UpUpDownDown this week.

They are really over doing guest in the crowd spot this year.

Especially when they're taking each other's spots. Like Sarah and Liv were in the same spot as Nattie.
    I'm guessing they're not airing the matches in the order they were recorded.

Felt the wrong person won the match between Aerial and Zeuxis. Though hard to tell who was messing up some of the bits. Can see her going out in the next round.
    Kacy was flippy and will likely get compared to AJ more than Bliss due to her size and appearance. She's the one who was Stephen Amell's trainer on celebrity Ninja Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kacy was great but they already did the tiny girl beats the giant on the first show with Lacy Lane going over Vanessa Kraven. Seems if you're a big girl, you're not getting through. I thought Reina Gonzales showed great character and has improved since last year and deserved a win. Going out in round 1 two years in a row is a bit sh*tty. I would've let Kacy beat Vanessa and have Reina beat Lacy Lane. Keep one big hoss in as a threat.

Spanish fly from Zeuxis looked great. Was weird seeing Ashley 'Madison' Rayne on WWE. Also, Aerial Monroe being married to Cedric Alexander means he cheated on her with Alicia Fox does it not!?

Seems the main events are the least predictable of the matches so far, but enjoying it.

I said before, but I wouldn't recognise Kaitlyn now.

And Cole mentioning NXT season 3 and how he acted a tool on it.

"Good news! You're in the Mae Young Classic" "Great! I'll be a 19 year old winner" "Your first match is against Io Shirai" "Oh s..."

Decent first round but there are a few that I would be surprised if they made it past round 2.

So I've watched two of the four episodes up so far and that kacy girl is unbelievable. I mean some of the things she can do and it was a nice David vs gilioth dynamic with the bigger girl. I liked episode 1 better than episode 2. Episode 2 was a bit crap.

I'm going to watch episode three and four tonight and watch the newest episode later in the week.

Kaitlyn looked great in her match with the great khalis pupil(I wouldn't be rushing to put that on the CV because dory funk Jr he ain't) I don't know if it was here or on another wrestling message board but they were saying they wouldn't recognise her. She's changed her hair colour and got more tattoos but it's not judo Billy graham lads. Also I was shocked to hear Cole apologise for him being a dick on nxt when it was a show and not a brand.

• Advertisement

It was I that didn't recognise Kaitlyn.

Watched this week's episode.
    Just noticed at least one new ref.

I would like to see Kacy face an opponent closer to her size. Think she may need to change that springboard move. Nearly messed it up the second time as well.
    Good matches anyway.
    I have accidentally seen a couple of spoilers including who is in the final. Be careful looking up any info on the Evolution PPV as that has the final listed on its Wiki page.

Don't know how many times I heard "clinic" or "Did you hear/see that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw the Tegan Knox injury on Reddit. That was pretty sad.

https://twitter.com/TeganNoxWWE_/status/1052741053328097280

She more or less obliterated her knee...

Dislocated knee.
    Torn MCL, LCL and ACL and both meniscus.
    Bone contusions and a second fracture of the left tibia.

Was a tough watch.
    One thing I noticed was how very like Pete Dunne Rhea Ripley was acting.

Would've been cool to hear the chants like they did with Cedric at the CW championship. Good job she didn't say no. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was a tough watch.
    One thing I noticed was how very like Pete Dunne Rhea Ripley was acting

"My knee. I can't do it again" was heartbreaking :(, so happy she's doing better now

You know, I knew she was reminding me of someone, but I couldn't nail it down, that's spot on

I find it amazing that her first words to triple h in the backstage video were "I'm sorry" Of all the things to be thinking and it's im sorry. From reading the injuries she basically has a new knee as all the ligaments ruptured. And something I'm now wondering watching the video the landing on the ramp doesn't look that bad. I'm wondering if it was injured before that move. I'm saying that because at the download festival she tweaked her knee wrestling and was held out of action. I'm wondering was it her left knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Rhea is doing really well and possesses a presence that few in the division have right now. She lost her e swagger though for a brief second as you could see she was gutted for Tegan between pulling faces.

Should be a good final but at least last year had a heel/face final.

Advertisement