Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost passport Rathmines area

Options
  • 29-08-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Lost a passport between Dublin airport, Charlotte street (Airport bus stop) and Rathmines.

Tried the Guards, Airport Police, Dublin Bus and the shop I went into - any other ideas for tracking down a lost passport before I give up and cancel it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Lost passports found by the public and handed in to the guards are sent to the passport office for destruction. No harm giving the passport office a call to see if they have it but I don't think they usually check for people once handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Thanks - forgot to say its not Irish passport - so hoping it will be kept in station for short while at least

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

Have you tried contacting your embassy to check if someone brought it there? Not sure which country you are from but most passports seem to include a line saying it's property of the respective country...maybe someone took it literally.

sareer wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting your embassy to check if someone brought it there? Not sure which country you are from but most passports seem to include a line saying it's property of the respective country...maybe someone took it literally.

I did - and for anyone else - this is quite common for passports to be sent there. However, they normally cancel the passport on receipt.

Anyway good news is - I found it - fell down the back of a cupboard!

Also - a lesson learned about traveling with an extreme hangover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Even as a non-national you are entitled to get a Garda age card. I have a non-national friend who got one after losing her national ID card.

Banks will generally accept the Garda age card for transactions

• Advertisement

Even as a non-national you are entitled to get a Garda age card. I have a non-national friend who got one after losing her national ID card.

Banks will generally accept the Garda age card for transactions

My face is all the age card I need unfortunately!!

In this case the passport was being used for travel.

Advertisement