Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended mechanic

• 29-08-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi, does anybody have a recommendation for a mechanic, preferably out near ballysimon road? Have an older car (99) that's running perfectly but have done a decent amount of milage in it the last 6 months so would like to put it in for a service. As the car wasn't very expensive to begin with I'd like to find someone whose affordable, I've seen Vadim at ASAP garages recommended a few times on here as good and excellent value but I can't seem to find a number for them anywhere on online? Anybody have it or any other recommendations welcome. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I can recommend Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing, 1 Eastlink Business Park. Experienced, knowledgeable mechanics and fair pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

chicorytip wrote: »
    I can recommend Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing, 1 Eastlink Business Park. Experienced, knowledgeable mechanics and fair pricing.

+1 for Aidan - dropped my own car in for a service this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Vadim (085) 866 3737

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

For balance Aidan Frahill TA Seamus McGrath motors is last on my list due to personal experience.

- Deleted a second paragraph as don't want to go down that road due to legal concerns.

I've been and I won't be back - Just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

And just to unbalance it again , I wouldn't go anywhere else only Aidan Frahill .Going there for years along with my brother and father and taking my daughter there on Monday with her first car .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

And to rebalance. I brought my car to Aidan Frahill based on recommendations here. Can't say I was too happy at all, car was still presenting with the same problems after being charged a nice sum. I was given a take it or leave it response so I chose to leave it.

Try Aidan's old partner, Seamus McGrath in Sexton St, he is a gent and will not rip you off. He had the issues fixed on the car in one sitting and couldn't have been more helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Cartman78

And to further rebalance it, I went to Aidan Frahill a good few times (mainly due to owning a series of sh1tty Ford Focus's....but that's a whole different thread)....only found him ok and a bit pricey tbh.

Now go to Jimmy Fanning in Caherconlish - easily the best mechanic I've been to, lovely fella and will always give you a heads up if something 'big' needs to be done.

https://www.cylex.ie/company/fanning+james-11049028.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

And to rebalance. I brought my car to Aidan Frahill based on recommendations here. Can't say I was too happy at all, car was still presenting with the same problems after being charged a nice sum. I was given a take it or leave it response so I chose to leave it.

Try Aidan's old partner, Seamus McGrath in Sexton St, he is a gent and will not rip you off. He had the issues fixed on the car in one sitting and couldn't have been more helpful.

Another vote for Seamus McGrath from me, always go to him, absolute gent, always takes time to explain exactly what was done, won't try and fleece you and is very knowledgeable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How is Aidan Frahill operating as Seamus McGrath if Seamus still has his own business? Always thought a bit strange.

Got the car back from Aidan, had to get the rear bushings done and brought it into Paul in Victory Tyres to get the tracking done, which is something I wasnt expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mankteln

Vadim (085) 866 3737

Cheers for sending on Vadim's number, have the car booked in with him for tomorrow. Only thing is when I rang him back today to see whereabouts on the Childers rd his garage is the line was terrible and I couldn't really hear him. Any chance you know where it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mc Love wrote:
    How is Aidan Frahill operating as Seamus McGrath if Seamus still has his own business? Always thought a bit strange.

When Frahill took over the business he retained the Mc Grath name as a means of, presumably, retaining the customer base that Seamus had built up over the years. The garage is now known as Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing and has been for a number of years since McGrath reopened his old place.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    For balance Aidan Frahill TA Seamus McGrath motors is last on my list due to personal experience.

- Deleted a second paragraph as don't want to go down that road due to legal concerns.

I've been and I won't be back - Just my opinion.

I second this opinion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mankteln

Can't seem to get through to Vadim these days, any other recommendations? Also i've upgraded to a 05 these days lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Sebastian's Garage on Ballysimon business Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I've used Brendan Butler in Rhebogue for years, but when I bought a van, I had to find another mechanic - as it's basically too big & heavy for his setup...

My wife and extended family are still using Brendan (very honest guy and fair prices), but I've started using Limerick Auto Works in Eastway Bus Pk. https://www.autoworkslimerick.com

I find them to be fairly priced and have had the van in for a few jobs (suspension, service and similar) and have no complaints. John, who does all the bookings etc... is a sound chap and a straight talker when it comes to parts/labour prices.

Just another few options for ya.

Advertisement