Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chosing Subjects for UCD Arts 2017

Options
  • 29-08-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm thinking of doing music as a third subject as part of my Arts Degree (DN500), in my first year at UCD. I really love the performance, composition and theory aspect of music and want to stay away from essay writing and music history based learning. I'm grade 8 piano, but haven't done it as a Leaving Cert subject. -Will this cause any issues? Has anyone got good advice for me on this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You'll need to take a look at the Level 1 music modules that are on offer this year and see what assignments they require students to complete. That will give you an idea as to whether or not any of them will focus on composition and theory rather than essay writing.

Advertisement