Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir taken advantage of me?

Options
  • 29-08-2017 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

My Current Plan:
    eir Complete Broadband & Phone @ €72.00 per month includes eir Broadband includes unlimited usage with access to eir Sport and BT Sports

eir Talk Unlimited Mobile & UK (Unlimited calls to Irish landlines & mobile and to UK landlines and mobiles)

My Query: So basically with all the latest phone and broadband options out there available to me, i wanted to seek other avenues having been an eircom customer for over 10+ years. I'm very disappointed over the regular disconnection and extremely slow speed during off peak periods. I went on to contact one of eir's chat advisors on chat on their website.

I was put onto one of their chat advisors and went ahead chatting about my slow speed connection etc and was told there was no fault, then after i asked about eir fibre which was already rolled out in my area whether i could avail of this option as my needs were not being met which was speed and connection. Then this lady told me to sign up for eir fibre and was promised that it wouldn't cost a single cent, and i repeatedly asked here whether this was free and was told so. 

I then questioned here again and she assured me again, hesitantly i made the decision to go ahead with it still unsure whether she was trying to make a quick promotion and earn me with a next bill of over €100 or not. 

So today again i went onto eir's website and contacted the chat advisors again. This guy told me that my next bill would be €52 and i questioned him why is it €52 when before i signed up to eir fibre i was paying €72 month without it? He just gave me a number to contact which i was unhappy with... and he told me i will be paying €52 per month until january which i will be paying the regular €72 per month bill...?

So i'm completely confused and i'm not complaining if it's true or not whether i'm getting this eir fibre free but they never explained why i'm getting charged only €52 until january with eir fibre along with the eir landline and broadband i had before which i was paying €72? Doesn't make sense to me and he resorted to only say to contact the 1902 number which i was livid with...

Appreciate all replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's a promotional 6 month offer if iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Package is the same price but they're giving you a discount for a few months? Surely you got the terms and conditions and pricing in durable format, as is the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭turkeyboy1990

I understand i have an offer for 6 months for €52 but after the months i have to pay €72

The same €72 i was paying before i had eir fibre?!? Which is:
    eir Complete Broadband & Phone @ €72.00 per month includes eir Broadband includes unlimited usage with access to eir Sport and BT Sports

i fear that i will start paying over €100 per month after the 6 month promotional period which i was already told several times i will only be paying€72 after that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi turkeyboy1990,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

When signing up for eFibre you would have received a welcome email confirming the contract and the pricing of your bundle. 

However, in this email would not include the discount promotion.

-Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi turkeyboy1990,

When signing up for eFibre you would have received a welcome email confirming the contract and the pricing of your bundle. 

-Adam
    So essentially eir fibre is free for current customers?
    I just don't understand, before i had eir fibre i was paying:
    eir Complete Broadband & Phone @ €72.00 per month

Now i'm paying around €20 less p/m for the next 6 months and after the six months i will be paying the same amount which i was on before i upgraded to eir fibre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi turkeyboy1990,

-Adam
    So essentially eir fibre is free for current customers?
    I just don't understand, before i had eir fibre i was paying:
    eir Complete Broadband & Phone @ €72.00 per month

Now i'm paying around €20 less p/m for the next 6 months and after the six months i will be paying the same amount which i was on before i upgraded to eir fibre?
    That is correct our upgrade to fibre is free of charge. 

When upgrading the sales agent can apply a discount for a certain period of time depending on the bundle. 

Thanks, 
    Adam

I don't get the query, you asked would it cost extra, it doesn't and you get a discount.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don't get the query, you asked would it cost extra, it doesn't and you get a discount.

Thanks colm, that's what I initially thought first too and especially since this is a premium service! I just didn't come to accepting at first when i was told that and i felt something unusual

Ah right. There are cheaper providers out there, but mobile calls are handy to have for some.

Advertisement